Build 930 CPU bar maxed out

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sido Weijer, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Relax guys. It wasn't an issue last build. It's just a bug. The new threading could simply be disabled on public builds until it is proved to be working perfectly before going public again. The intention was to improve efficiency not reduce it. Clearly this code isn't going to be left in it's current for for eternity.

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I've got this issue with the green bar. I lowered all settings to min, but the green bar is still maxed out. I also Noticed that the replay freezes for some seconds. Then it continues at the position where the car is in the meantime.

3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

The green bar is always maxed out and should be like this, unless you cap the frame race. This thread is about the CPU bar and not the GPU bar....

4. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Not able to test tonight unfortunatly, my GPU (probably) or PSU died.

5. Domenicox

Domenicox Registered

I entered the value "+ procmask = 3" only that lowers the fps and snaps...

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Snaps ?

7. V.A.

V.A. Registered

I do not understand not to enable this. It seems imperative and think it's not complex.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I agree!

9. Domenicox

Domenicox Registered

FPS a 30 - 35 on second, whereas before 90 - 110...

10. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I'm on a dual core too and I noticed that when you set VSync to GPU, it alleviates the problem.

I had VSync enabled before, because it somehow reduced a lag issue in the 32 bit build, so I only noticed the CPU max out problem when I disabled it.

So yeah, there is more going on.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That is interesting. Have you tried other methods to limit the frame rate. Like Max Framerate or other forms of VSync? I've not had a problem with this bug but I always run Max Framerate=60 which may be what is saving me.

12. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I tried Max Framerate=60 but found it to cause massive lags when the fps drops below 60.

I have an AMD FX8350 CPU, will this setting , +procmask=3, help me or does it actually throttle the CPU. I tried it but cannot see it making any difference because the purple bar maxed out cannot be replicated on will.
    Under normal racing conditions my green bar is max and purple bar +-35%. When the lag starts the green bar drops to 50% and purple bar increases to 50%.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

From everything that's been said it shouldn't reduce your performance compared to previous builds; it should only help with the high CPU usage described here.

The idea is you try it and see if it helps in situations the problem occurs in. That might be difficult to replicate, but I don't think anyone can tell you exactly what it will do or whether it will help... your testing is to help them work out what to do next :)

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Okay, tested it with help of VEC admin, Jimmi A and Noel H... It worked I think... I haven't had any slow-mo's tonight - racing 2½ hours... Pretty much no FPS loss... I'm thankful for the tips and keeps my fingers crossed that it fixed it.

15. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Ignore me, it's my CPU that was throttling due to the heat my GPU generated.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  16. Sebastian Röhn

Sebastian Röhn Registered

Can somebody explain me please the vertical green and purple lines on this cpu usage chart?

17. TechAde

TechAde Registered

18. Sebastian Röhn

Obviously I have read this post not accurate enough, because I didn't saw the relation to my question.

Thanks for the link!

Edit: But what means in the green histogramm when there are dots to the right side or when one bar on the left disappears and directly besides that a new bar rises? If I understand this post correctly it refers only to the purple histogramm.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
  19. TechAde

TechAde Registered

The green vertical bar moves left as frame rate increases and right as frame rate decreases. If there are dots spread along it then it means some frames are taking much longer to render than other frames (probably visible as a stutter).

20. Sebastian Röhn

Thank you again!