Tire model ( opinions )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Feb 16, 2015.

1. coops

coops Banned

Hi started this thread so ppl could leave there comments and thoughts on NEW tire model,as i cannot find many.
    I have not tried it out yet but will be soon.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I would ignore most opinions right now. It hasn't even been out for 24 hours. I can tell you though the difference is subtle which is even more reason to ignore the opinions so soon. The only obvious difference I noticed was the feel over curbs. Anyway, sucks that you can't try for yourself.

3. Ciarfe

Ciarfe Registered

It seems that we have to pay more attention on flatspots, or we lose weight:)
    View attachment 15792
    It's not a criticism, it's a positive thing in my opinion (i mean the flatspots:))

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Minimal laps , but driving the Celica at Bathurst noticed a more even heating of tyres front and back good temp transition from braking zones with fronts heating to exits with the turbo helping heat the rears accordingly . Didn't get a chance to play with pressures
    to see if crowning is effected yet . last day in the office then 3 weeks off . Plenty of driving/testing ahead.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  5. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

10 laps on Silverstone with the FISI.
    Flat spotting now leads to permanent high frequency vibration.
    The old flat spotting would give a different kind of lower frequency vibration.

6. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Uh oh... :D

7. bwana

bwana Registered

off to the Dentist Flatspotter, :cool:

8. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

Is like changing the speed option on other vibrating objects.
    Like you know, on a blender. :D

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Lopl :D

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's a small aspect and there's a bunch more to come, if you've been able to read posts starting months ago. About flatspotting, when I first bought rF2 it was available and impacting FFB big time. It may have gone away for code changes, etc, but it isn't new (and yes, accepting that the current model reinstated it in refined form).

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I think the OP was more curious about the vehicle dynamics changes from the other parts of the slight tyre model updates - not so much the flatspotting part.

3 of those 4 things seem to not be specific to flatspotting, and therefore may have some sort of affect during "regular" driving ("regular" as in non-flatspotting situations - just regular lapping).

Tim stated you may feel this on current cars. That can also mean you may not feel it on current cars. Furthermore, not feeling it on current cars doesn't necessarily mean it's not affecting the physics.

So, do the updates for-sure affect everysingle car, wether we can feel it or not? I have no clue, lol!

Personally I only tried the ISI Eve F3 @ ISI 60s Brianza (Monza), but I was messing around with a bunch of other things and only completed a lap or two of some terrible driving on my part, so I unfortunately have nothing to report ATM.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Seems that I can affect the inner and outer temps with camber more than I could. Nothing real drastic. It's just that before the update, I always chased the inner tire temps by camber and now I can see using less negative camber actually lowering the inner temps.

13. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Camber finally working!?

I tot that Tim said that all the changes will be applied after each content (car) is updated? Or issit already?

14. traind

traind Registered

Nice post Paul... Very informative

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

15. coops

coops Banned

tyvm Paul Loatman great post.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Weird how the seeming physics changes with the NSX go in the complete opposite direction than how the physics changes affected every other car you mentioned, Paul.

Also, the cars already tend to need not enough steering and rotate around on the front overly so, and overly easy in ISI physics, and what you stated about all the other cars seems to be a positive change regarding all that, so for the NSX to have gone in the opposite direction seems like it's even worse now as the effect you described with NSX was already too much in prior builds, let alone now if it's changed according to the way you described.

17. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Great post Paul.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ok, thanks. I was thinking something else.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks, Paul. Sadly don't have time to try for myself, but I was hoping the new tire contact patch improvements would result in exactly what you are describing with several of the tin tops.

As for the open-wheelers, there are more serious FFB issues there. The Skippy, the F2 and the 3.5 have three dramatically different approaches to FFB...none of which I would say works as well as the Megane or the historics or the ASR open-wheel mod (which I would rank at or near the top). Hopefully all three of those will get an update after the contact patch work is ready. I don't like choosing between steering racks that feel like they are stuck in cold molasses (Skippy) or almost detached from the wheels (F2) when almost every other car feels awesome. Patience I guess...

But glad to hear things are finally going in the right direction regarding the long-standing and annoying lack of rear grip/pivoting issues on so many of the ISI cars.

20. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Nice review P ! I like the update so far , I ran a few laps at sebring with URD's EGT mod , Darche first thing i noticed was a softer connection to the road kind of feeling , like i can feel the Air in the tires maybe ? Idk ..then the kerbs ,i also noticed a more realistic feel I also see a more uniform heat signature as noted above, You know how bumpy sebring is , the start finish /pit in' area I reely feel it now ! I did a ratahr large power slide that flat spotted all 4! About 3 laps later the vibration was amazing ! Bad in a good way ... Somthing you would expect considering the situation..
    930 =Another step twords realizium as far as im concerned so far !