Why do some tracks have yellow flags not working online ?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Jeepy, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Hi guys,

I noticed that with some tracks, yellow flags are only working offline but not online.
    What is the reason for that and is there a solution ?

I've searched everywhere without success. I only found other people asking for help without ever getting an answer.
    Even McNolo writes this for his Bahrain track:

Known issues:

- Marshal's flags work correctly in offline mode, but not in online mode. I've done lots of tests but i haven't found anything that can cause the error. Theoretically, if the flags work in offline mode should work in online too, but it's not the case. This seems to be a bug of the game and therefore ISI must be who should solve it.

We use that kind of tracks in our championship and it's weird that we don't have any yellow flags.

2. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Do you ever tought that tracks made in 2012 can have some problems with latest builds or that modders made something wrong?

Its not ISI problem neither its their job solving 3rd party content problem.

Also, what tracks are you talking about? Quick conversions from a random guy or oficial ones? What settings do you have in JSON´s?

3. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Where the hell did I say that ISI has to solve 3rd party content problem ??
    I'm just asking if someone knows why this problem happens and if there is a solution to solve it, that's all.
    Maybe it's a conversion problem like you suggest and if somebody can confirm it it'll be ok.
    I mentioned Bahrain in my post if you read it, but other RaceRfactor tracks have the same issue (Montreal, Monza...). The modder himself doesn't know why it's not working and other modders already asked for help in this forum without any answers.
    It's not a json problem, because with the exact same settings, some tracks are working, some not.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

was quoting McNolo. maybe use the quote box next time Jeepy :)

Anyways, I've not seen issues with yellow flags online so far. and you're right, they should be displayed always, its not something we can turn on or off.
    So its weird, and I would also assume it's rf2 that recognizes an incident zone and then throws a flag(?)

5. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Oh I didn't even notice that he was referring to this part of my post. Thanks for pointing it out.
    I couldn't quote McNolo because his words are taken from another forum (Race Department).

Have you tried one of the tracks I mentioned ?

6. lagg

lagg Registered

The yellow flag always appear, but the electronic ones sometimes don't work in online (in offline always work fine).
    Is there any parameter that can cause the difference between both modes?
    Thanks.

7. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

On the tracks I mentioned, there are no yellow flags at all. Even in the HUD.
    The only situation we see yellow flags is with "Full course yellow".

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I checked and compared Racefactor Monza, with another Track. The main different i found, the flags from Monza are visgroups 36, for e.g. TigerMoth it`s 32 (not shown in mirror). I guess, Visgroups 36 isn`t working, resp. it`s not shown, if the gfx setting are below med.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
  9. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Oh ! That can be very interesting !
    We'll make some tests as soon as possible and I'll keep you informed.
    Thank you very much Juergen.

10. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Juergen you rock !!! Du bist mein Retter !
    I don't really understand why this is so because I'm running High settings.
    But I just replaced all the 36 values with 32 in Bahrein and everything works like a charm: Yellow flag in the HUD, flashing displays...
    I'm so happy !
    Thank you so much man !
    Schöne Ostern !

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

No problem, nice that it works now. Because of your settings, i guess, the value 36 doesn`t work at all or make some strange issues.

Dir auch schöne Ostern!

12. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

It must have something to do with the dedicated server gfx settings.
    Because 36 works offline but not online, that means that dedicated server settings are low by default.
    I don't know if we can change the gfx settings of the dedi.

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess, it`s not possible, to change this settings, because (i guess again) the dedicated server doesn`t have a video card? With the gfx onboard chip, you can`t use higher settings. But who knows...just try to play with the config.ini...

But i believe, this value 36 isn`t correct working and maybe make problems at all. By the way, i never saw this value in a track file before, should be a reason therefore...

14. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Yes I guess too that a dedi has no gfx settings. That's why it must be seen like "low" by the .SCN.
    Nevermind, we have a fix now and it's the essential.
    Thank's again.