rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

MarcG, StoneC You are both very strange people. I have spent some time considering if I should go through everything single thing you have said to me in recent posts and slap it down, I have decided not to waste my time.

The CPU is quad core not dual core as you keep on saying. Quad core 3.0ghz, its no beast but it run 910 and all previous builds with its eyes shut. I have had none of the problems you say was never even possible in the first place with such CPU, you are both simply wrong about everything. The devs acknoweldged it was an issue with the build and have been very good about it, one dev made this post quite some time ago http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-bar-maxed-out?p=346439&viewfull=1#post346439 I was testing the problem way back when 930 was new, with a guy running dual core 2.4 his game was running fine but my quad 3.0 was not, I do not need you to come here spouting stuff in inch high red letters desperately trying to blame problems on ANYTHING except the build. You know nothing.

Unlike you I have spent a lot (a LOT as it is not easy to reproduce) of time trying to get to the bottom of things before I opened my mouth. It seems to happen when certain tyre contact conditions become true. You boys just preen around here attacking anybody who says something you do not like which I find deplorable. Virtually every single thing you have said is totally wrong.

And this is extraordinary. At the same time as these rabid posts are coming in, I receive an unsolicited abusive PM from MarcG attacking me further! I have reported you, and I hope you get banned. Certainly, the absurdity of your behaviour grossly outweighs anything Spinelli is guilty of, he is a good guy who seems to have some typing fetish. You are acting like a crazed animal.

I have run into you two before. I made a post one day here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=332670&viewfull=1#post332670 simply saying I did not think putting builds out on sunday morning was great, the upsides are minimal, the downsides are significant. And its you two laughing it up, making me out to be some kind of baffoon saying something outrageous! I remember when you MarcG, you just could not stand not having the last word or something, and come up with this desperate straw clutch - something to do with the race rejoin - as justification for it. I recall last year SCES waiting for that it never come, it never worked for a long long time and it was silly of you use that as an argument. You just have to attack people all the time, shouting everybody down around you whilst they respect your opinions no matter how misguided they are. MarcG, I cannot say it directly as I will get banned, but you know what you are.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They should update the specifications, but the try/buy page states very clearly in the 1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION section at the top of that page that you should try the demo to see if your system can run it. Someone who buys without trying the demo isn't doing themself any favours, but I suppose they could get a refund within 7 days if they feel the need.

I think it's fairly obvious you're taking a level-headed approach to this, and your exasperated post in the relevant thread speaks volumes for the difficulty it's causing you. You make fair points about the splintering of the community across multiple builds due to issues, but at the end of the day you're buying (or have bought) the product as it is, and that's all you can do. Your large bolded request to ISI has obviously riled a couple of people and started a mostly unnecessary discussion about system requirements, 'out of date' hardware, etc, no need to get into the personal stuff further, but ultimately all we can do is use what ISI give us.

If that means we have to run two (or more) different builds, or go away for a while and check in again later, then that's what we do. ISI can't do everything, often don't do what some of us would like, but that's their choice. If they face a sudden exodus they'll probably change tack very quickly, but it appears not to have happened so far.

Sometimes it's actually a shame rF2 is so good in some ways, because sticking with it can be painful.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

My PM:

lol

mate your CPU is ****.....'nuff said, you need to upgrade and stop blaming ISI for your apparent lack of having a decent upto date PC!

wasting ISIs time with your rants quite frankly

I'm not attacking you, I'm spelling it out for you, you need to stop whining, your PC is old and you need to upgrade...simple.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This is really a very good question, because they say

and say additional

I guess, this doesn`t would tell you, what are the "Recommended Specs" for rF2...?

5. Justy

Justy Registered

For what it's worth, I agree that ISI ought to consider rolling builds back when problems like this CPU usage bug happen. A friend of mine tried the demo out (B930) on his relatively new machine, which is less than 2 years old and he suffered the same problem. Whilst I admit I don't know his exact specs, I find it hard to believe that his CPU is not good enough on a relatively new PC, with min graphics settings and 0 AI and it was still unplayable for him. Simply telling people they need to upgrade, given that this problem appears to affect new hardware as well as old (which is quite apparent, if you bother to read the link hardtohandle posted), is frankly, just plain ignorant and does nothing to help anyone. People could upgrade and be in the exact same situation they are in now.

For me this build has been the best yet, so whilst I don't want to see ISI taking a step backwards in their development of the sim, this bug is potentially quite damaging. Certainly, my friend tried the demo out last week, with the intention of purchasing a lifetime membership, but as the game is unplayable for him, he has, unsurprisingly, not parted with his cash.

It's quite clear this bug is not easy to fix and ISI are obviously doing their best to try and resolve the matter, but I think hardtohandle raises some very valid points and his comments should not be dismissed, simply because people are of the opinion that his PC is not good enough, particularly when it has always run rF2 just fine in the past. I know he would not have posted his frustrations and suggestions lightly.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Cheers
    Justin

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

28 builds under the belt, no serious game-breakers for us poor people, and within the minimum specs.
    1 build comes along and all of a sudden we are crazy, should stop whining and upgrade because it was never good enough to begin with.

Silly people :p

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Well to express my post better, yes you can and should be able to run rF2 with minimum specs. I just don't consider it very relevant because it will not be a good experience either way. Assetto Corsa minimum specs are Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz (same as rF2), but I know for a fact you cannot run 20 AI with that CPU on AC, it even struggles on newer CPUs with many AI. The minimum specification doesn't guarantee you can crank up the AI number as you wish.

8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I don't use AI
    And the solo/MP experience has been very good with a few hickups here and there. How is it not relevant, do you people even read posts or just ignore what others say?

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

They ignore what isn't their own reality when you're lucky, they'll wage war on dissidents using words if you're unlucky.

11. Grant Riddall

Grant Riddall Registered

Your pathetic... Just pathetic. Grow up.

This topic is about build 930. Should we get back to it..because quite honestly this arguing is dragging.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  12. stonec

stonec Registered

Right, your CPU is same age as my i5-750 but better spec, it should be fine. I was referring to these 2006/2007 Intel Core 2's, which are at least 30% under first gen i5/i7's in performance. I never had any problems with build 930, which proves it's a complicated issue not related to CPU type.

13. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I have an i3, 8GB of RAM and Nvidia GTX770, with all the video settings OFF or LOW, no HRD, no steering wheel, no arms, no replay, it's a pure stuttering anyway.

It's crazy, but if you drive at Monza, it sucks most all the time, but at the 10K version it works almost perfect.

With 910, I was able to race online at the Ring with 42 GT cars with all settings at full without any problem

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

hardtohandle, you have a very valid point, no matter what MarcG or anyone else says. They're missing your point.

Point/problem being not seeming to have a plan B.

Firstly: You and I might not have the newest CPU's but they haven't been a problem up and until now. Secondly: ISI has claimed it to be a bug themselves (in the 930 CPU maxed out topic).

MarcG you are completely missing the point.
    Posting facepalm memes, saying we all need new computers is a cheap shot. Even an ISI-codist (I think it was Joe) said our computers were perfectly fine for rF2 and we shouldn't give up on them...
    So that's that...

15. Promag

Promag Registered

I know quite few guys that are spiking with older quadcores, the issue is real.

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I understand that fixing some issues can be dificult, and that the cost of putting up a new version is high even to fix a small point.

But meanwhile why doesn't ISI put a warning in the download page of the demo to new potencial buyers (about fonts in Windows, about anti-aliasing not working in game, and the necessity of setting it from the video card settings, and of the rare, but real case of CPU spikes that will be sorted in a new version).

That would avoid burning away new clients and show respect for customers since day one.

Cheers

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess, to do this, they must went back to Beta Status, to include a "Known Issues" statement?

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

May be simply stating it in the page of the download of the demo, as known issues with this version.

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

hardtohandle is right in most things!
    In rF2 almost everything is half-baked!
    The support was better in the past but it was never really good.

I can fully understand if someone is tired of hoping and praying that one day a new build will arrive that
    brings the program really forward, by fixing all that annoying things and complete all the half-finished features, what then never happens.
    A real complain goes to testing:
    Even testing seems half-done! So many obvious bugs that popped up with every build, what most of the time could have been avoided
    by proper/longer testing.

And for the people who thinks that a 8 year old CPU could not be able to run this software, just because it´s 8 years old:
    They understand nothing and just have to justify the enormous money they spend in high-end hardware...
    With a lower-end GPU and a 2500K you could run B 860 in energy-safe-mode at 1,6 GHZ!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I think that's one of the problems though, as I understand they cannot pinpoint the problem easily, they tested on various hardware and results where inconclusive.
    So to update Known Issues with unknown paraphernalia.....is just guessing. and probably the reason why they have not taken action yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.