rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Long time since the last update so it was kinda expected but still a nice surprise :) I felt that build 910 was solid enough for ISI not to rush with this new build. I have all day to read comments on whether or not I should wait for hotfix if there are any problems. Thanks ISI.

New UI looks good and tyre updates sounds interesting. Spinelli had good questions about both of them...

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Isn't this the Notes: at the bottom of the first post?

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Waaiiiitttt a second, did you guys sneak in pictures of raindrops on windscreens in those UI backgrounds? Wondering when those will be back to make an appearance!

Hope to update soon, interested in how the tires are affected due to their improvements! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  4. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

who knows?

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You're right!!! Some sort of hint for the near future maybe?

I also see something in the build notes about rain/water depth; oddly, it's in the plugins section rather than a physics or features section. I don't understand what rain/water depth has to do with plugins, hmmm...

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's just about the reporting. Nothing to do with physics.

7. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Anisotropic filtering seems broken for me, none of the setting do anything. Forcing it through Nvidia control panel works.

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Should I need a licence to check for updates? I just tried to do it on my dedi and it said I need a valid licence. I though that was done away with?

9. bwana

bwana Registered

Auto update worked fine but went into multiplayer , joined a server and no sound? rebooted game, verified update and all worked. My end maybe?? UI takes some getting used to but big deal. crisp, clean look . Thanks guys

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Noooooo!!!! I have to go now!!!

I can't test until tonight :mad: but I had time to update and see the new UI, seems like It's not a new UI core but It's way better than previous one... we actually needed a new "HD look" while navigating through menusm. Autoupdate fast and perfect as allways for me, no problems.

11. Addict

Addict Registered

i have a problem,the name of cars and tracks have disappeared of selection menu. With a new installation the problem will be fixed?

12. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

13. Nelson

Nelson Registered

Getting the new build via auto-updater worked - no problem at all. When verifying content, it says:

"One or more critical simulation files failed verification.
    C:/Games/rfactor2/data/Installed/Vehicles/Clio_PC/1.0/clio_pc.mft failed verification."

But I guess it's not a big deal anyway. New UI looks very nice, altough I expected different changes in it. I looks more like a skin type of think rather than a brand new thing. Anyway, I like the new build. Can't wait to test it more. Thanks, ISI!

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

If you have already disabled legacy HDR in your JSON player file, check if you are not using windows fonts greater than default 100 %, it seems new UI doesn't work with bigger fonts of desktop.

Cheers.

15. Addict

Addict Registered

thanks!

16. Auto update on 2 dedicated and 1 normal install - worked perfectly.
    New install of new dev_930 as well. Good job.

17. stonec

stonec Registered

It's more or less same UI tech with updated UI artwork for full HD.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks ISI, new UI looks cool and as others have said what's with the raindrops on the first background screen? ;)
    Intrigued by the AI Physics bit and whether or not this is the Tire update we've all been waiting for (Contact Patch?), another changelog with more questions than answers :D

Edit: Auto-update worked flawlessly.

6 weeks isn't a long time, think that's the average time bweteen updates if not a bit quicker than usual.

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Well, if this is the 30th. update, then average time between them must be less than 6 weeks ;)

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, it doesn't seem like a new core, but rather just a new U.I. "mod" to add to the list which includes Kart U.I., Minimalist U.I., etc. Nothing wrong at all, in-fact, I always thought that the U.I. mod feature of RF2 was quite under-used. It's nice to see another one to add to the list,
    Ya, like the Kart U.I., Minimalist U.I. etc. I'm assuming, not to mention: quite confident, that this is not the new core-U.I. that ISI have had to re-write all sorts of core-code for. A new core-U.I. would be a completely different "animal" - almost like playing a different game altogether - rather than just different colors, icons, fonts, menu placements, etc.

Maybe the new core-U.I. is going to take a while still, therefore ISI decided to grace us with this awesome and much more modern looking U.I. for the time being. I can completely see that as being the case since the old default U.I. needed a refresh and modernization regardless of whether a new core U.I. was coming or not.

Anyways, for now, this is nice. A much needed current-core-U.I. "freshen-uppening". Very nice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.