Would you pay for the laser scanned Nordschleife from rFPro for rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robert Gödicke, Feb 12, 2015.

?

Would you pay for this laser scanned Nordschleife?

1. No, I wouldn't pay for that content.

83 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Yes, up to 15$.

73 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Yes, more than 15$.

72 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

People asking for content of a particular type are certainly not whiners. No name calling, please.

2. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

I'm sorry but I don´t see it, DLC´s IMO would contribute more to fragment the community.
    When I bought the game was after save more time than I would have liked (last year I was lucky and was able to save to buy the sim and update the pc, pretty lucky, that´s all) , even so I saved for lifetime subscription to support ISI (I used very little multiplayer) knowing the opinion of ISI on DLC´s.
    I support with my lifetime subscription to ISI, if ISI sold DLC´s probably couldn´t buy them for now and later (without the intervention of luck again).
    And like me more people. Only my humble opinion.

3. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

That's what I brought up already, it's a one time fee and people do expect free updates and new content to be released for years (not saying you do, but probably a couple of people do).

This one time fee for the lifetime subscription was a bargain in my eyes. Hardly more expensive than annual releases of some other games people pay around 60€ EACH YEAR for, just to get a new version with minimal changes. That's kinda weird in my opinion. Seeing that ISI has no publisher or investor while creating this great sim and keeping it alive and improving it over years (and probably quite a couple of years to come), I really think that we are not "supporting them" anymore with our one time fee from 3 years ago, considering salaries had to be paid, software licenses, servers, licenses for new content, etc etc. :)

The general question was just if people would be willing to pay for a Nordschleife of the shown quality if it was made available for rFactor 2 by ISI (no matter by which means).

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I applaud the guys giving proper argument (for the most part) against DLC. When there is content that is an attention getter and desirable, if it's made properly it can sell rF2 copies, it can bring in annual renewals or lifetime upgrades. Shifting more overall copies is far better than pieced content priced separately.

5. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

I don´t think is expensive, and when ISI says that rF2 is finished and won´t be more content or updates will be the time to put save for rF3 or whatever it is.
    Until that moment I trust the ways of doing things from ISI, which often have commented here by them and convinced me to buy lifetime.
    I think I´ve answered the OP (and more) for me DLC´s of any kind.
    I'm sorry if I sound rude, it´s not my intention.

6. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Pleclair, DJC and Tosch's Nordschleife

Btw, how much costs the entire software?

Maybe this track is already included. We can crowdfunding here on fórum then, some one convert to rf2 :D kidding, obsviously

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

That, I feel, is all we need (well maybe with some further improvements to physical track surface modelling, but the track, overall, is already great even in it's current iteration). They also seem to be very passionate about it and motivated in making it better and better :)

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If they don't think our own Nords is good enough after all the work and effort those guys put in.............

They are spoiled brats

Ban me, I not going to sugar coat it. lol

I mean, like why don't we all start a thread for every track we all want. :rolleyes:

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

So what if they did?

You need to moderate what you say, and sometimes you'll need to sugar coat your feelings. Welcome to real life. I hope a short break helps with this realization.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Hope it's okay to post a quote from Tim, posted in vR, when asked about "a ballpark figure, how much would SPA and/or the Nordschleife cost if you put it in the market for pulic release?":

11. traind

traind Registered

In general I am willing to pay for high quality content-- tracks or cars. I think it is reasonable to expect really talented modders to get something in return for their hard work if they desire. I am also fine paying for professional simulation talent, like ISI, to produce additional content as well. I think it is particularly important for DLC to be an avenue of revenue if a company needs it. People buy sims for pretty cheap and then use them for years/hundreds of hours of entertainment so some companies need a way to sustain revenue in between major software releases.

If ISI can avoid this due to other parts of their business model then that's fine. Although, selfishly, it might be nice to have a crowdfunded set of content where ISI can contract out for some of the labor and then put the finishing touches on it-- particularly cars. I'd love to have a a set of cars to go along with the street legal, licensed NSX and C6 models, as an example. If crowdfunding or DLC could finance ISI to have someone do the base work and get the licenses.... then perfect the physics... that would be great.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

DD's banned again lol

(nothing against you DD at all, but you must hold the record for ISI forum bans)

13. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Just don't ban Spinelli and Durge at same time and we are good. I'm still need advices on hardware section...:(

I've made a Frankstein pc but i'm afraid to turn it on. If anyone could take a look there, i'll be gratefull.

Sorry for going of topic, please continue...

Edit: to keep on topic... No, i wouldn't pay for that content and if you allow to add...i do too found this a little disrespectfull to people mentioned who put a lot effort on rf2 nordscheileife version. Durge have a point here.

14. jjcook

jjcook Registered

ive been racing isi sims for many years and have been here with rf2 for 3 years - aside from the attraction of the sims physics, its a solid company, the business model is why i stay and so do many others - im not interested in more pay content and would leave if they changed that model to pay DLC.
    People are entitled to their opinions about how much good sense it makes but isi doesnt agree and neither do i , so it seems i among others enjoy their philosophy, and i do consider it a feature of the sim at this point to have future hopes of more free content , until they are ready to move on and make a new product - i will buy that too-

if you look at the poll numbers its easy to surmise the impact it would have on the community of online racers - half would buy it - the other half would not be able to race with them . Add more payDLC and you exponentially complicate the problem. As someone said previously , i dont want to buy a car to race that my friends cant enjoy too -

15. stonec

stonec Registered

The modded Nordschleife is stunning in terms of graphics. That road mesh is same as 7 years old com8 version (only upsampled density), some cars are not very drivable on that at places. I can fully see why someone would like the scanned version. Although the modded track is sufficient for most cars and most purposes.

16. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

for a great ISI track like Silverstone/Lime Rock ect. , i think once 10-20 Euro totally ok. if this was a way to allow more content .The physics of ISI car is really awesome and great fun :)

17. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

I wouldn't say it's disrespectful to say that one would love to have a very accurate version of a track. I think DJC, Tosch, Pleclair and the original track creators would probably see it the same way.
    The modded Nordschleife track is really great, I love this track! But am I being disrespectful to say that *if* there was a laser scanned, accurate version available, that I would probably use this official version instead? Food for thought. :)

18. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Maybe i didn't choose the approprieted word. But imagine that this proposal go furher. As modder, do you keep working to the bones, like they are doing, if people are intending to crowndfund a laser scanned version?
    It think, at least, this should be proposed on the guys thread.

Btw, DJC is uploading a new version right now.

Edit: sry my english

19. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

This is to me something like Kunos coming to rf2 forum asking if people would buy a sim with better graphics lol

20. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I've never downloaded the free one because The Ring is boring so there's no way I'd pay for the laser scanned one.