ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic 92 Season LE rF1 Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

if it is an update, you can publish it, fortunately rfactor 2 allows the updates that do not affect the original mod, thank you for asking us

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

If I race these cars as AI, in the '92 Ferrari, this is what I get whenever I get close or overtake, for a second or two:
    View attachment 15896

This wasn't the case with the 1.7 version...

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yep, same... Flashes... Shader trouble, maybe? It's happening more often being out of the cockpit, for example track cams at my end...

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I know that I saw this problem explained and descriped here somewhere, once, for another mod... but damn I can't find it.

I think it might be LOD/Shape related. As if you're driving inside a clipping area of the geometry belonging to the car in front of you.

Bjorn, is it happening to you with a '92 as the player car? Or does it only happen when the 91 is used? I think when I tested with '92 only, I didn't see this.

6. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Registered

But there's an issue with the Ferrari's, in T-cam view for some odd reason the side pod covers are not present, you see a stripped out sid pod.

7. Surrexen

Surrexen Registered

This is a very impressive adjustment to the physics, suddenly to me the car makes perfect sense again and I can attack the track with a lot more confidence. Sideslip and wheelspin are controllable and behave in a more believable manner. Car feels more balanced even with the reduction in grip.

Not 100% sure but it did seem like following in another cars dirty air was more challenging?

Anyway, definitely recommend that people give this a test to see what they think

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Ive never used update feature, can someone tell me how to please. where to place and install

9. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

It´s a rfcmp file, drop in packages and install like a mod.

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Thank you Daytona

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I like your words and can't wait to test this. I will say that dirty air should not be an issue of that era. Back then the vacuum was substantial and extremely beneficial to the chasing cars, unlike the disturbance exponentially getting worse since 2004, especially from 2009-now.

12. traind

traind Registered

Hmm, I did this but when I went to the mod manager I never saw an option to install. And in the game I don't see an option to select anything different. Any ideas?

13. Surrexen

Surrexen Registered

You should see it in mod manager as an update to the existing ASR 92 package, if it is installed it will show as version 1.815

14. bwana

bwana Registered

The update showed in bold text in my MM

15. traind

traind Registered

Thank you all... I see what I was doing wrong... I had not updated the 92 season from 1.8 to 1.81 so it was not recognizing the new file. Now, to try the change on track...

16. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

I have not test it on the track, but I have seen the changes, the tires are the same, more drag, less downforce by underfloor and some change in duration and engine heating.

I think physic is better with fresh tires, is to see how the car behaves with this lack of downforce together tires wear.

17. Surrexen

Surrexen Registered

How confusing, I thought Frenky said it was supposed to be less drag, certainly picks up more speed in a draught :confused:

Nevertheless just raced again ... absolutely obliterating the AI on the same settings I had before ... I'm honestly not sure which version is best for me now. The AI were definitely more of a challenge in 1.7 so I'm totally confused. Waiting to see what other people think about it.

18. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Official physic is in the mod, Frenky has made an update for the community for now, naturally need time to test ,but first impressions are good.

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I congratulate you for your open mind, the syndrome of "not invented here" is not in use in the ASR modding team and that is great.

Cheers.

20. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello party people. I shall not quote everyone, but here are some answers to some questions:

@all: To install the physics update, simply put the component in the packages folder. Then go to the mod manager and the ASR mod should be bold and pointing that there is an update available. Simply install the update in the mod manager and have fun racing. BTW, it only works if you have v1.81 of the ASR mod installed. It doesn't work for v1.7 or 1.8.0.
    Remember that I made this update in less than 2 hours, so it is really far from perfect. I already discovered some strange things I haven't touched in the update v1.815. For example a negative stall effect of the diffuser. I may change this in a further update. Furthermore, it seems to me that the slipstream effect on the straights are a lot bigger than in my F1RFT2013 mod. You can gain easily 15 km/h, which seems much, especially at tracks like Monza. This one needs further testing.

@Surrexen: following another car in dirty air is indeed more challenging. You loose a lot of downforce, especially on the front. In my honest opinion, I think I exaggerated it too much on the front. Will be changed in a further update, but also needs more testing.

@Sderenno: you are correct about the changes, except there is a lot less drag coming from the rear wing (at lowest rear wing setting about 33% less). Nearly no change in drag levels of the bodywork itself. No changes on the tires, nor on the power and torque curves of the engine. Engine heating may even increase in a further update, as I would like to implement 3 radiator settings. Every setting will decrease engine heating and downforce levels and slightly increase drag. Right now, you cannot alter the radiator. I also increased drag (about 4x higher) and lift levels (wasn't even there in the original physics) of the brake duct size. So be sure to choose the smallest one possible, without overheating the brakes.
    The biggest change in my opinion comes from an about 5 cm higher center of gravity. I did make some changes on the AI; they should slightly brake later. Not sure if that works out for everyone, as this depends on the AI strenght settings.
    Lastly, I changed the damage settings of the car. You will now encounter faster losses of downforce when you hit a car or wall. Also wheel bending and flying off will occur slightly faster.

Depending on acceptation, my own available time and available real data of cars and engines on the internet, I could make a historic/single player version of this mod. I could do roughly a couple of teams a day, so it will cost at least 10 days for me. My sole purpose is to make this a sim, so as realisitic as possible. I don't play online and therefore my purpose may conflict with people aiming for a drivable and online mod. Anyway, have fun racing!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015