ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic 92 Season LE rF1 Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Feb 8, 2015.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Talking of driver animation -I suppose it's not just me who has the hands come out of their breasts? In cockpit view the hands get in the way when doing tight turn...

This is going to be a perfect full season once those minor stuff is sorted.

2. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

Yeah I get that as well. Looks like it's just glued to the wheel and spins with it.
    Also, using "no arms" in rf2 options does not work... hands are still there. I have to disable it in the car tuning option.

3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

you guys are a gift, thank you so much for your continued work!

4. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

is a big dilemma ! to insert tires, rims, brake disc, animated drivers in this 92 conversion it takes a long time, time that we can use to make 92 cars with 91 cars quality.
    Really we would like to do this.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

GRAB_009.JPG

Black mirrors? Only on a couple of the external views.

With these settings:

GRAB_010.JPG

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I think if the question is to spend more time on 92 Conversion, or on new cars, then maybe spending the time on new '91 cars is the best option. We already have two there.

Or you create new '92 car that can race against the '92 LE conversion.

But what I would hate to happen is that we have a few cars 91, a few 92, a few 93 and a few 94.

Another thing I might suggest, even if it seems hard: If you invest more time on 92 conversion, then drop the Brabham, Andrea Moda and Fondmetal. These teams almost never qualified for a race, and by Portugal weren't on the grid anymore.
    A maximum F1 race grid is 26 cars, so having 32 is kind of superfluous.

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Woodee, switch trough the mirror options ( 3 key I think). I get this as well...

8. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

we would like to remake all complete seasons from 91 to 94, it would be logical to complete a season and then do another, but it would be monotonous as a hobby.

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

No, no, no :)

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I will try... but the mirror are active on other external views which is why it is confusing.

11. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

I fully agree with Bjorn

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You gotta have ALL the teams in!! :)

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Sorry for not being specific but in the player.json file, look for a portion that has camera settings. It will have cockpit on 1 and other options on 0, enable the other two options so when you run replays you'll be able to have mirrors enabled without the floating virtual mirrors.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

-And no. No. Absolutely no.

Did I say "no"? :D

15. Surrexen

Surrexen Registered

Indeed, absolutely not. All cars must be represented, even if they rarely made the grid.

Looking forward to testing out 1.81 later today.

As a side note, a lot of the circuits out there only really safely support 24 cars without having cars piled on top of each other in the garages and not being able to exit the pits. Something to be aware of ;)

16. bwana

bwana Registered

Anyone noticed gear selection digit in Tyrrell is now impossible to see with latest version?

17. Surrexen

Surrexen Registered

Had a quick test of 1.81, it's an improvement over 1.8, the front end no longer gets that sudden feeling of skidding across a glass surface so that's good.

Using default setups the cars are about 22kph slower than they were in 1.7 which seems a bit off ... where cars should be hitting between 300-312kph they are only getting up to about 290kph. Was this changed intentionally to slow the cars down for lap times?

Yeah it looks like the colour changed and theres no contrast between the gear selection and the background, much harder to see.

18. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Surrexen thought it may have been my pc graphics card struggling .

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Do whatever pleases you! The quality of each release keeps improving, so at some point you will always want to go back and refresh earlier releases. Therefore, we can't ask for this or that (cars or timing) because it will always come at a price. You have to do the order and selection that motivates you to keep improving. We'll wait for seasons to eventually get tidied-up and completed. The alternative is what we see with other mods that are rushed and "complete," but half the quality and enjoyment.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

WOW, IT IS SO MUCH FUN RIGHT OFF THE BAT!

Default setup values remain mostly unchanged but there are underlying changes to the car itself, there's no tweak needed - just hit RACE and get on to driving! There's some attention needed to not massacre the tires but even then, with maybe 3.5 bars left on the fronts after 6 laps, I did a 1:16.6 in Interlagos (with very low fuel) when it'd have taken me quite a few more laps of more careful driving with 1.80b to achieve the same. There was no wandering front end, there was some understeer but it was clear why it understeered. The car is very accepting of throttle input and will really only be upset when at certain angles/elevations but this is not historic so it's fine. It may even be a good base to then tweak towards historic. Very fun, good job ASR :).