[REL] ** HUGE 80s FANTASY IMSA CARSET for Celica GTO **

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by SRosswick, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Soulfly84

Soulfly84 Registered

who can download this nice Skinset?

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

It will be aviable soon. Can't wait:D

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quick question:

Could you include the original cars in the pack?

4. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

Hey guys! First I'd like to thank Juergen-BY for his help in trying to package this together... unfortunately I'm very stuck in trying to get this properly released. I have not heard back from 32_Pixels in regards to help in including this carset in the actual mod... and as far as I know I cannot create a skinpack 'update' for full implementation with UI thumbs, etc.

These are the steps I have and am going by, but for whatever reason I cannot get any of it to properly work...

Steps:

Create a new mas file with only the edited files:
    - Extract the mas file you want to edit with MAS2. example TEAMS.mas
    - Put those files in a folder: TEAMS (now you have an example)
    - Create a 2nd map folder: TEAMS2
    - create new your new teams in the TEAMS 2 folders
    - package the files of the new folder TEAMS2 into TEAMS2.mas

Create an update package:
    - select a single cmp package file
    - name the content-package the the exact same name as the original .veh car
    - select "Vehicle" as a package type
    - create a new version number (update version)
    - click the tick box "update from" and fill in the original version number.
    - select your TEAMS2.mas file
    - click on package (and fingers crossed )
    - install the update package and test it.

Do this for every car...

To use it online. ==> create a Vmod with your update package:
    - Create the Vmod like you usually do.
    - But select only your updates as cars
    - select a track and other components.
    - click on the tick box of the car update. (it has to be included into the Vmod file)
    - click on package again. (and fingers crossed )
    - Don't install it yet !!!

- Uninstall your updates of the cars first and move the update package to a safe place.

Your update package is now included in the rfmod or Vmod. (So it's downloadable with "get mod")
    important == > It doesn't harm the original track !!!
    If the client uninstalls the Vmod the update package is uninstalled as well

- So now install your Vmod mod and test it.

Does anyone have any help or information regarding creating a skinpack? or a Package file update?

As of right now, I'm going to have to begrudgingly release this skinpack as a group of Virtual Drivers, which will not have thumbnails, sponsors or team names and will make choosing your favorite car rather frustrating; and installation may be difficult for new users.

And to answer Gui, as of right now my cars are added to the originals, so when you race it will be a random mix of the original cars and mine. If I can figure out how to package everything together I will certainly include the original skins with the skinpack.

5. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Thank you! You have made some excellent liveries. Wynn's Racing is one of my favs. Looking forward to the release.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Are you also doing helmets and driver suits? If you have some source images this could be a two-man thing as I could try helping :). You can see some examples of my work below.

7. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

Hey guys, I've grown tired of trying to figure out this rF2 packaging bull, so I'm going to release the 'Virtual Drivers' as a pack with performance ratings and AI tweaks, and hopefully will be able to release a much more streamlined version of the carset in the future, so we have preview thumbnails and proper nomenclature in the UI.

Gui - I would very much be interested in having proper driver suits/helmets to match the carset, but I have not been able to find the *.dds files for the driver texture, so it's a little bit of a complication right now. Also, from what I can gather, the driver in every car is the same, so if you painted a Tide suit, every single driver would be wearing a Tide suit, from my understanding anyway.

I will get back to you and see if this is a possibility and would be an awesome addition to future releases. :)

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd suggest you reach out to Noel Hibbard here on the forums. He seems to have a good technical knowledge of these rFactor workings :).
    About the helmet and suits, download THIS and take the Momo suit, and let's say your #30 car is called 30_alt.dds, so rename it to 30_altdriver.dds. It *should* work.

9. Highbank

Highbank Registered

Did this get released? If so I missed it, hope not, but if so I need a point to the downlowd...THANKS

PS: I read the entire thread....

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It hasn't, I keep an eye out too :p.

11. redapg

redapg Registered

Can you and maybe some more people who have it installed, please post the whole content of the "Celica GTO.mft" file, from the original mod, here?
    I would need it for testing.
    I think i can offer a "temp" solution for adding additional cars with menu-entries/icons to an existing vehicle, as long as it isn't supported by rF2.

12. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

Yea agree with you guys. Ive been excited to add these skins to the mod since they were posted. Hope it still happens!

13. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

I'm sorry for the delay guys I have been in a bit of a quandary over here. I developed a kind of 'work around' for installing my carset the way I had intended, but would essentially un-encrypt the *.MAS files. Because I haven't received any word at all from 32_Pixels regarding this, I am not going to do it this way. They encrypted the files for a reason and I suppose it's not up to me to undo that decision.

Therefore I will most likely (and begrudgingly) release the skinpack as a *zip file of Virtual Drivers and everyone will have a reference card so you know which paint goes with which driver, since I don't believe thumbnails will be possible.

The good news is I have added a handful of cars to the list and updated many of the skins so when it's posted it will already be greatly improved upon what I posted originally. I believe the skin count is ~50 now as well.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't understand the issue with the virtual driver, just save the folders inside the Celica CTO folder and the .rcd files, compressing it all together. Or something breaks in the process for you?

15. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

Gui - There is no real 'issue' with using Virtual Drivers, I just didn't want to do that because with a skin pack with 40-50 cars and no thumbnails, it might be frustrating or difficult for the average user to find his favorite livery. Aside from that I think Virtual Drivers actually create better AI racing than not, because you can customize parameters per driver, not per mod.

16. SRosswick

SRosswick Registered

17. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

Many thanks SRosswick for all your efforts getting this out! Really lookin forward to downloading these babies!

18. Justy

Justy Registered

Looking forward to this very muchly, those liveries look fantastic. Thankyou! :cool:

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Rowdy Burns drove the Exxon sponsored car... he never drove the Mello Yello machine ;)

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Funkytown, bud!

RaceDepartment and NoGrip allow for image uploading so you can crank up the res especially at RD. At NG you'll need to group a few cars together separately since they have old style sizing limits.