Weird mod packaging issue (please help)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hamiltonfan2205, Jan 21, 2015.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Im trying to package a mod but i am having a weird issue. Im selecting all the cars but only a random 3 out of the 35 i select are actually in the mod?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What mod are you trying to package?

3. canastos

canastos Registered

I would suggest to empty ~MASTEMP folder before opening MAS2

Hope it helps

byyyyyyyye

4. hamiltonfan2205

The rfm is in the mastemp file isn't it? And the other weird thing is when i package a completely new mod with those vehicles the same thing happens and its always the same 3 that loads! And they are all there in all tracks and cars

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Mas2 ............with some cars you must scroll and highlight all skins/car# in the Team Window or they wont be saved.

Select each vehicle, then select first skin in list, scroll the mouse up/down all skins/car# should appear, highlight all, go to the next car and repeat same thing.

Same thing with some tracks depending on mod you may need to highlight all layouts.

=============

Do this mate. loool

Make a mod call it ALL CARS add all ISI cars + Lola v.4 + CelicaGTO + Matra EveF1

( You don't need to add Quad, Kart, RC or the Pacecars )

Make sure you scroll all vehicles and highlight all skins

Try a offline room and select the problem cars I outline below.

Try making a online room.
    First thing you will find is you can't add them all.

I think a mod is limited to 25 cars ?

Now your fun begins. lool

Corvettes if you add all models - CTD
    Corvette GT2 - CTD
    Nissan GTR - CTD
    Howston G4 - CTD

I asked and asked and asked about this.

=========

See PICS

Only Add:
    Corvette C6, Z06 and Z07

Delete from Mod:

Corvette GT2
    Nissan GTR
    Howston G4

When setting room leave these available vehicles out below , works 100%.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This is a known problem in newer builds. Even if you highlight all the cars on the right side as DD explained. It still sometimes randomly drops cars/teams/tracks/layouts. If someone experiences a vmod with missing cars or tracks, could you please host a copy of your vmod and a copy of %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\pkginfo.dat.

7. hamiltonfan2205

For now the issue has been solved but i don't know what I did to solve it so it might happen again, I just packaged it again and it somehow worked. What is it that causes the issue

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

No clue. It's totally random. My GetMod Manager took will automatically generate vmods now. It automatically selects all the cars for you so I know there is no human error involved and it still generates vmods with missing teams from time to time. The way my tool works is it generates the pkginfo.dat file and then launches MAS2 and automates mouse clicks to "edit" a package which I added into the pkginfo.dat programmatically and then clicks the package button without making any changes. When mas2 spits out a bad vmod I can typically just fire up mas2, go in like I am going to edit the vmod and hit package without changing anything. It's so inconsistent. I haven't been able to find a pattern to it. It just sucks when you have a league with over 75 teams and you generate a vmod and a few days later someone notices their team is missing. One day it will screw up someone's race.

9. hamiltonfan2205

So your saying itll take a few tries and eventually it'll work? Thankfully it never happened with FSR in 2014

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah that has been my experience. This didn't start until some time around 860 or so. Not entirely sure because I have a build environment setup with an archived version of modmgr and mas2 which I wasn't keeping up to date. I kept reading about people building vmods that were missing teams and I figured it was user error. Well recently I updated modmgr and mas2 and suddenly I am seeing this bug everyone has been complaining about.

11. hamiltonfan2205

Think I'll report it in the rfactor 2 bugs and issues section, surprised no one has yet

12. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I also have sometimes this problems. But most times when i include mods with updates.
    My Bypass is to uninstall all content you want to include into the vmod and then reinstall it fresh and then it works again. But mostly only one time which makes it a bit annoying when doing some bug fixes :(

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

my workaround has been to click the packages button twice ...seems to work 9/10 times

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I just overwrite mods to v1.00 ?

1. Edit existing mod
    2. Click Package ( Package will go RED )
    3. Click uninstall then install ( Package will go GREEN )

Normal Way:

Download new mod.
    Manually delete old mods.

End up with multiple rfmods for the same cars/tracks in their package folders just bloating it and making it harder to find stuff.

Confusing versions numbers

My Way:

Download new mod
    Click UNINSTALL
    Click INSTALL

No mods to delete and All mods are v1.00.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The correct way: Someone joins your server and the vmod and content auto downloads and they race. The wrong way (your way): Someone joins your server and it lets them in but complains that the car they have selected isn't available. This is because they already have an old 1.0 version of your vmod installed. So they either get confused and move on to a correctly hosted server or they go into your thread and ask what the deal is. You explain that they have to uninstall the old 1.0 vmod manually and install the new one manually. Yeah, the correct way is the easy way. If ISI wanted it to work your way they wouldn't have version numbers in the first place.

But this is entirely off topic. This thread is about a bug in mas2 which randomly drops cars. Doing 1.0 vmods for years at a time doesn't solve this problem. You just thought this was a good thread to miseducate people in.

16. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

No!
    I create a vmod and test it local. When not all cars show like they should i uninstall the vmod and the content. Then i delete the vmod install all content again and create a new vmod. Normally this works. And when it works for me local in singleplayer i put them on the server. And i had never trouble that somebody cant join or is missing skins this way .
    But i have only trouble when using a skin update for a mod and i want to exclude to original skins/teams.

17. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Following note is mentioned in last build notes (Build 930):
    But the problem with randomly missing teams after packaging a vmod still exists. I don't know why it happens. Mostly i have to completely uninstall+delete the vmod and build it newly from scratch.

18. canastos

canastos Registered

Yes, this random missing teams still happens. I will try Jim Bean's suggestion and click the Package button twice to see if that produces more reliable results

byyyyyyyye

19. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Didn't worked for me. Just tested today.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I am probably making molehill from nothing but one poster already told me No! :rolleyes: ..........so I explain again.............slowly.

Your way is fine but explore my alternative with a " test mod" especially if you want mods to remain v1.00

Say hypothetically I have a v1.00 mod with missing cars or layouts or I want to add something.

With the existing mod still installed and up in Mas2 edit ( green)

1. I edit the way I want, leave out car #, add car # , add mods, delete tracks, whatever.

2. Then I click package .........the mod will go RED like it is uninstalled....... but it's not.

3. Then I click uninstall it says "Mod Uninstalled" and stays RED.

4. Then I click install it says "Mod installed " and goes Green

So I arrived at the same place as you except:

1. Never had to uninstall the old mod before I start
    2. Never had to delete the old version mod ( it gets overwritten my way)
    3. Never had to re-create and name mod.
    4. Never had to re-fill the info boxes
    5. Never had to go through re-selection of all content
    6. Never have to worry about version numbers.

That way has not failed me in 3 years. So sorry don't tell me No! Wishmaster. hehehe

There is only one downside, people that have already downloaded the previous v1.00 mod won't be able to get into room
    it will say they don't have the mod, when they click GET MOD it will download but they still won't get in till they uninstall and re-install
    the over-written mod.

Even still my way of thinking it leaves no multiple mod versions in their packages.

I mean people should know that have already joined your room you do it, besides the fact if I could not get into a room
    the first thing I would do is delete the mod and re-download it. I mean it is not rocket science hey ;)