Renault Clio 197 v1.51 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 3, 2015.

1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Awesome update, thanks ISI!

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I have it on default, 32.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

does it happen on all tracks? works fine my end.

4. DE Kampfratte

DE Kampfratte Registered

I just drove the Clio on Loch Drummond and many AI cars rolled over. In practice I saw that in the last curve before start/finish and in the race it happened in other curves as well.

5. Lewis22123

Lewis22123 Registered

just out of curiosity, I see in the templates a bit for the windows which does the side and rear window, but nothing for the windscreen. Is there a separate thing for that? have I missed something? or is it just impossible>

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Turn down aggression, that's all you can do on that.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Not sure, Tim. They seem very roll-over prone, often just going-up on two wheels for a while at a wide variety of tracks, using the identical (low/default) aggression and AI settings that other ISI cars have no issue with.

Maybe the prior version was the same and we're just noticing it more now because the overall package is more appealing and doing more laps? Same with excess tire smoke? But I think it is a real issue.

8. Magus

Magus Registered

When I 1st came to rF2, Clios were all I drove and I can confirm they have always had the smoke and flipping issues. Around Limerock, going over the Downhill at corner 7 I would always lose at least 4 AI due to them flipping in a 12 lap race. Not tried it since the update.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I had the same problem when I first started out with rF2, but turning down the aggression really did the trick for me.
    I have it at 25 percent, and I only experienced one Clio AI flipping during 40 mins. at Lime Rock.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Track learning may help too.

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

Saw AI cars rolling over, the clio and seat mod did a on SaoP., with little to no reason, a little impact on light inner tire catapults them away. The reason is correct but the impact is a little to high imho, otherwise really nice ride the little clio, with a fantastic FWD drive characteristic and tracking, the steering makes feel good.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not sure about what? That turning down aggression helps? It does help, yes. Get rid of the problem entirely, no, but I don't think I worded my response to give any indication of that.

That isn't really surprising considering only the Civic is close in terms of high center of gravity. I am not sure I understand why other cars would be expected to all react the same way.

13. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

How do we do this again? I remember its a thing but forgot how. I seem to remember an update many moons ago that said something about letting ai lap in practice without player interference?

I didn't notice with the Clio but Tommy's seat flips for fun all over the place at lime rock.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well, what should I turn it down to? I have never raised it above the default 25%.

I can also see that with much higher CoG, it isn't a car issue. I don't find my own car flipping or going up on two wheels uncharacteristically, so it must be an AI issue rather than car physics/mod issue.

15. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Could it be related to contact patch? Iirc when iracing released their Ruf it was flipping at the final chicane at spa in a similar way, generating too much lateral grip.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

all in here mate, look through the thread for 'Auto-Calibrate' and you'll have all the information you need, fairly simple when you know how just a bit time consuming depending on the track size.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12831-The-definitive-AI-Settings-Thread?highlight=definitive

As for the Rolling "issue", we had exactly the same regarding the Civic, take a read through this!
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/17729-Honda-Civic-NGTC-BTCC-Car-v1-07-Released

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

AI physics run at a much lower resolution than ours so I highly doubt this has anything to do with contact patch. If your cars are doing it, posting your speed through the turn when the flip happens will help to see if there is a problem.

18. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Mine isn't doing it :) Just throwing it out there as the behavior looks very similar to that :)

And thanks, Marc. I'll give it a read.

19. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see AI cars flipping through turns on large hill crests with these cars, especially if aggression is set high. Just my opinion though.

20. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I had about 10 flip out on lap 2 of a race at LRP using Tommy's Seat at T4 (The right hander on to The No Name Straight) with aggression at 20%. When asked about this by someone else on my mumble because he had the same issue, I said I'd look in to it, which I'm doing now :)