Silverstone v1.35 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 2, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it's a discussion forum, most threads diverge from the subject title ;)

edit: ...and on that note I'm loving the GP Layout again, had a fantastic battle yesterday!

2. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Anyone else seen the above problem?

3. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Also noticed during single player that TrackMap lights don't show properly on National layout and didn't get any beeps. :(

4. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Tried an offline race, and the sim crashes when the lights were going on. Maybe a problem with the light animation settings.

5. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Glad its not just me. Hope ISI fix it soon. :)

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Confirmed crash.

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes also have have this with the BTCC cars, came here to see if anyone else had the same. Also replays from this track seem to crash for me aswell, fresh install. Only seems to happen if you are on throttle before green light, if you hold off the throttle it doesn't crash for me anyway.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They're aware and looking. Any further reports of maybe what race settings you have, or actions which change it, would be useful.

9. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Thanks for that info Nismo! Leads me to believe it's not a track issue in se, but something that exposes an instability on the code side. FYI I set up the lights the way they should be for that particular touring car race at Silverstone -- not the usual five light sequence.

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

What was the IRL counterpart of the rF1 Northamptonshire British rF3 championship international layout? Or was that a fictional layout? Or it is a layout of the older version of the track? Man that is an amazing layout.

11. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

The old short layouts were butchered in real life when they added the new section. It was fun, indeed.

12. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I remember when I first visited Silverstone after the "wing" upgrades. Stood cross from it talking about how awesome it looked. Walked up the new start finish straight to T1 then realized it used to turn left down the hill to Bridge at that point.

I was gutted to see it under tonnes of earth and safety barrier. Just stood there for a few minutes reminiscing about that area of the circuit.

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

What a coincidence! I did a couple races in Historix today and I randomly check MatchMaker just now and there is a server up with that track and new Clios :D

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I just finished a 2Hour GT Layout race with the AI (with the help of the wonderful 'Resume From Replay' feature!), had a few good battles at the start and blew the first Pit Stop by getting a 10second Stop & Go for Speeding in Pit Lane! Gradually managed to alter a few lines once the Rubber was setting in (Normal build up speed) to help me attack the AI through Abby & Farm Curve, which resulted in great side by side a few times through Village, The Loop & Aintree then onto Wellington Straight where I had to pass them under braking into Brooklands.....so life like and "Real" I could've sworn I was racing online!

Got caught behind some backmarkers having their own battle which actually made me say "WOW!" at one point when they rubbed panels going through Chapel, then managed to overtake two on the very final lap and snatch 2nd place in the setting sun at 8:30pm...bloody marvellous it was!

All in all this is what RF2 is all about for me, great AI on a great track with a great mod! (URD + another for the slower class too add that Backmarker realism)

15. C3PO

C3PO Registered

The AI in rF2 is the best in the business. Behaves like a real life pro driver.

16. Magus

Magus Registered

+1 This and the FFB-tyre model are what seperates rF2 from the rest of the racing games I own. Really feels like a living and breathing game, dynamic.

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

+1
    AI-behavior in rF2 is absolutely outstanding!

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

19. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Having raced on the National layout this past week I thought I'd report that I too experienced the start light crash problem, not just live in race sessions but when watching the race replays as well. Quite annoying. If it's true that this is a code problem I hope this can be fixed before too long.

Also, was wondering if there's any possibility in the future of adding another version of the GT layout using the National pits and start/finish straight. Most series (Blancpain, British GT, MotoGP etc.) still seem to use the old pit and paddock setup, in fact the only race I saw using the Wing last year was the WEC 6 Hours. Would be nice to have, if licensing allows for this.

20. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Don´t know if some one already bring this up, but fps counter doesn´t work on Silverstone.