Silverstone v1.35 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Not to mention everything that changes with each build that is not even mentioned in the changelog. IIRC GCCRacer use singleplayer so it is not as important to him as to us others to update. We obviously want to get into the servers, and admins don't check if their favourite car looks better or worse with new build before updating...they just update. I guess that explains the "update because...update!" logic ;)

Btw I can't imagine that one single car or track looks worse with build 910 that 660 and I can't imagine that any car or track would not work.

Multiple rf2 installs works fine. I used to have at least 2-3 builds installed at the same time when I tested unstable builds, and when you have that, one can really tell the differences when jumping between the builds.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Back on topic, the old version 1.14 is still showing-up in my Content list asking to be installed (I uninstalled it manually as requested before installing new version). New version is there, too, showing as installed.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe the old version is there just for a while and will be removed soon...I believe it was with Limerock the same.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It was. As far as I remember it was removed a day or two later. :)

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Nah, earlier Limerock is still there. Scroll way down.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh sorry didn't realise and hadn't checked myself. Just seem to remember someone mentioning it had been removed. :)

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess, it was this posting:

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That's great, except I have no idea why anyone would want or need the old versions of these updated tracks...?

9. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

I guarantee the time you wasted here whinging that updating takes to long would of been more than enough time to update ... crazy stuff

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Nice work, ISI. I like the new layout a lot :)

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Jim Bean et all: You can kindly shut your trap.

*I* didn't start a discussion telling someone else how to run their game, on their computer, in their own home. Do you also lecture random strangers on the street asking you where the next McDonalds is on their eating habits?

What I did is simple asking a content-related question relevant to this thread, which no one did answer.

I should have known that this quarrelsome and self-righteous community would leap to the chance and not have answered the original return question at all because it was a loaded trap.

Thanks to those who tried to be helpful (Hedlund, Marc C.), the others are an excellent example why we have so few newcomers to this game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
  12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

13. Tony H

Tony H Banned

pmsl. whens that getting released for rfactor2?, maybe it will make it for rF3.

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Very mature response Beanstalk. If someone has to resort to cheap memes then he's obviously out of arguments.

I mean, do you guys behave in real life like this?

Pedestrian A: Hey, do you know where I can get a McChicken around here?
    Pedestrian B: Honest question - why would you want a McChicken? Just asking.
    Pedestrian C (in earshot): Yes, he's right. There's an Olive Garden just around the corner, go eat there, that's what I always do.
    Pedestrian A: Hmm, okay, what do you particularly like about Olive Garden?
    Pedestrian C: Well, I can't really tell you exactly, but hey, it's just better, ya know?
    Pedestrian D: Yeah, I agree, but hey, it's your choice and everyone has his own preferences.
    Pedestrian A: Okay then... nah, I'll take the McChicken really.
    Pedestrian C: Well, you're obviously very set in your ways, I don't want to talk with you any longer.
    Pedestrian E: Seriously dude, in the time you spent here asking about McDonalds you could have had your meal at Olive Garden already.

I mean, if this plays out in real life, Pedestrian E would be seen as a proper wanker (Hi Jim) and maybe get to eat his teeth. Pedestrian C will get laughed at for storming off indignant because the unsolicited advice he's been giving has been ignored.

But here in the forum somehow "I" am the weird person?

And you wonder why we scare newbies away.

15. Tony H

Tony H Banned

wtf m8
    u must love having conversations with yourself?

ps, I would of just gone to kfc & got an original fillet burger too ;-)

btw don't forget your white jacket with straps on your way out!

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Excvuse me I was trying to be helpful too by explaining that you're the only person who can truly decide if an update is worth it, for the bug fixes alone I would say EVERY Build is worth it regardless of new features. A simple 2minute Auto-Update and it's done but you seem intent on finding excuses to remain on Build 49...

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Asking seriously... you never had a build drop your framerate into the cellar? You never had a build introduce visual issues? You never had a build break a game feature you really liked?

I had all of this, and for sure I'm not the only one who's been disappointed in the ISI quality control. A "simple 2 min Auto Update" works on most other games, not this one here. But maybe as Hedlund said the MP guys just are used to it because the server admins do upgrade all the time and so it's not a voluntary decision. I've rolled back updates on three different occasions, that's a luxury you only get as offline player.

18. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Isn't this all going a bit off topic!!

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You get issues with ongoing development of a game, that's part & parcel of the way games are made today (I've had issues with Elite Dangerous over the weekend for example). If you're happy where you are so be it, stay there, but you will get left behind.

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yeah C3PO, sorry, I'll quit this discussion thread. Again I stress I only asked a Silverstone-content related question, but I should have guessed that answering to why I run an older build would escalate as per the nature of this board.