Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domi

Domi Registered

Most mods start because a modeler guy wants to model certain car. Maybe he knows about what sims have better physics, maybe not. Maybe he cares if the physics will be very accurate, maybe not. That is the very first thing that you seem to ignore.

Second thing, complex engines are nice when you can have full knowledge of how they work; if not then you are in trouble. Practical example: who knows here how all the aerodynamic values work in the rF2 physics engine? If anyone knows, why don't share it with the community? Well, this second thing probably answers the first one. And no, I don't want to hear "this value increases the downforce loss with height", I want the exact equation. Because we are talking about hardcore perfect-to-death-accurate-physics, right?

Third thing, there is the "lack of data" that all physics guys have to face. You say that rF2 physics are realistic. Ok. Now my question is, how do you know (I mean, based on facts)? Do you have tire data from the manufacturer to know if the virtual one behaves exactly like the real one, for example? And second question from a modder view; if you don't have such data to compare; why does it matter how complex the engine is, if you don't really know if the outcome is accurate or not?

So in conclusion, knowing how many incognites do we have, a better/more complex engine not always means that the outcome is more realistic. In fact, it gives more opportunities to mess up something. And, of course, if we are positive, it probably gives more opportunities to make something better than with other engines.

So before talking about "performance and handling", first think about such things.

2. matf1

matf1 Registered

For my 2c Saabjock, many people don't regard AC as a sim. It may be better referred to as game, which is fine. Forza for the PC if you like. 9/10ths of the gaming community at least would not be able to differentiate.

When I am called a hardcore sim racer, that projects a negative connotation. I'm not in a league, nor do I adhere to any regime, so how could a receive that label?

If any car game is suddenly a sim, then we must include Mario kart.

The dilution of this genre is at an all time high and that is likely to be disconcerting at least to those who have put years into this passion. Hence we have lively discussion amongst ourselves. For me, its really difficult to understand, where as a larger community we are headed, so I appreciate threads like this that air the dirty laundry and where people say what they think.

Is it time to redefine the term 'simracing'?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

Seems the package system works flawless for you http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...cause-everything-is-in-use-by-a-bunch-of-mods :p

4. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Good post Domi :)
    I would take a better/more complex engine any day of the week though, and I think ISI is providing the better engine. But its clear to me that we won't see the same amount of mods as in rf, but its not like there aren't high quality mods already out there for rf2, future is looking quite bright at least in my opinion =)

What really baffles me is the kind of disrespectful manner that is shown towards DRM. They made one of the best mods for rf so I guess they left the "easy way" quite some time ago, now they aren't even considered "sim" modders anymore ... really strange. I don't have the feeling that they owe me something and thats why they don't even have to justify their decission (imho).

The discussion of why a modding team chooses one sim over the other is a legitimate one though, its more the way the discussion is lead than the discussion itself which I don't like. There are some great posts in this thread though :)

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Wow good post. Got any more theories?

6. Avo1977

Avo1977 Registered

Great post.
    In addition I'd like to ask how hardcore simracers and physics experts can accept mods like the URD one where a 911 has double wishbones front suspension.

:D

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't care about AC the sooner people stop making threads with AC in the title the sooner I will drop it. hehehe

I don't care about dissing sims ? don't you get it ? that is why I will make a flippant sarcastic comment from the very first post.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...rfactor-to-AC!?p=330106&viewfull=1#post330106

and again here

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...rfactor-to-AC!?p=330106&viewfull=1#post330106

By then Tim jumps on me.

If no one posted a thread with AC in it I would never have bloody well done it. ! :)

Oh no it was all because of my rF2 insecurity issues and trying to convince myself rFactor2 is best ......woooo p

Best laugh I had all day Tim loool

Show me a single thread I have started on another sim with the intention to dis' it ........ please. :rolleyes:

8. FLV37

FLV37 Registered

Assetto is the trend game ... Let's hope it will change :(

9. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

you guys need help!!use yours private message for this kind of stuff,it is clear that you do not understand a lot of things and .. it is becoming boring.i know lots of us enjoy this kind of stuff with coffe,beer,tea..but no fun anymore :(

someone must be so boring or enjoying this kind of threads to start this kind of communication. i will answer you about DRM news GRAN TURISMO club wajdi(the guy who wanted all),although I wanted to skip this thread

-I was so shocked,this is not happening they living rf2 platform o my god.im will never drive rf2 again nor any racing sim out there because of that.this is not normal how can it be?now i will sell my pc and my rig tomorow,i still cant believe this..so beautifull and realistic mod gone,one of the best.no,no the best. all because rf2 and isi and i wanted them so much

-who cares i didnt want to drive those,those ones ordinary cubical boxes,they look like cars from 70'80' and its 2015.its better for rf2 sales and online they went away.thx ac for that.
    if they have plans to come back to rf2 after ac i will never drive this mod,just because rf2 wasnt first.shame on you DRM!

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

11. matf1

matf1 Registered

You wanted to skip it, then didn't. Now you want to complain about it.

OK!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This this and this. Post of the thread imo. Just my thoughts. What I've been saying for quite a while now too. Great post. :)

It is indeed time to begin thinking about redefining sim racing I think. It is becoming more and more popular and therefore more and more people are drawn into. This in turn greatly effects how the sims are made.

It is all to evident on certain sim racing forums and forums. The majority is only talking about how the sims look, and very few about how they feel to actually race. A lot of gfx obsessed gamers are being drawn to sim racing, and because of that a few developers choose to pander to that crowd instead of the crowd who's actually interested in racing and track and vehicle dynamics. It's a very weird way this is going.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  13. stonec

stonec Registered

No, the time is 10 AM at all of my screenshots, never mentioned 13. The day and month of the year is also same, it's hard coded in the track file and both use the same track version.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Again you don`t have a clue, everybody who has higher IQ then they shoe size can see who you are quoting, I think it is better if you stop playing you silly games with me.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I took your paranoid term 'nightmare scenario' or whatever you said, and applied it generally to people who think rF2 is doomed.

See, you have to start looking at the little nuances, instead of acting like a wounded cornered animal. Otherwise it makes for very bad communication. Also you need to stop implying that I'm playing games with you, when all it is is a difference in opinion. All the paranoia is getting a bit tiresome. Not everything I write is directed at you mate, your posts aren't really that interesting to me. :D

What is interesting however is where all the doom and gloom is coming from, generally, with loads of people claiming that this sim is dying a slow but steady death, because of its graphics not being AAA, etc. Is this the new crowd of 'sim racers' who are in fact only looking at graphics and aren't interested in driving? Or what? Makes me wonder.

16. Tony

Tony Registered

Guys, let's all agree that we have differing opinions, & I don't see why we can't have both - sublime handling/physics which rF2 has in bucket-fulls - & pretty graphics

It just needs some polishing up as things are moving forwards pc-power wise & more can be achieved than in '12

We're running rF2 this year along with Asetto, & pCArs from end-March

17. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Mostly just picking up on the last sentence of the quote if its time to redefine the term 'simracing'. Maybe it is, maybe not, I don't know.

Short story: Had an awesome race in rf2 quite some time ago, think it was in the RMT Meganes at Poznan. Formation lap and all ... another guy and me were lapping within 2 seconds from the first lap until the last of a one hour race, think he pitted one lap before me (or the other way round, doesn't matter) after the pit-stop gap was still within 2 seconds. I laid in second place and made a move for first place, spinning him in the process (think this was about 90% through the race). A waited for him to recover and let him pass me starting to hunt him again, driving nose-to-back again for the rest of the race. Well he ran out of fuel in the last lap eventually, leading to me winning the race (Not that it matters, but a told you its a story q: ). One of the most intense races I ever had.
    Formation lap, pit-stop, fuel/tire management all while being hunted ... think this makes the other guy a proper sim-racer. Well, he is preferring AC over rf2 now, I think he likes the feel of it more (one can't argue about the feeling one gets) so maybe he isn't a sim-racer (anymore), like some modding teams aren't sim-modders (anymore).

If people want to call AC a game we at least need a third categorie as it sets itself apart from other games quite easily ... sim-cade maybe ... will do this justice though, I don't know ...

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

So my posts aren't really that interesting to you, but you still spam my posts in every thread, I find that interesting.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...Now-Available!?p=326996&viewfull=1#post326996 , still wondering why Otta56, me and few others have hard time with driving? I like to remind you that we have been waiting from 2012 and are still waiting rFactor2 is not a beta any more, I also remind you that we are also paying customers and have same right as you to proper game experience. Next time you see me to complain about gfx, give it a second thought there may bee good reason to it.

19. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

According to the reaction of some people seems that if rF2 manages to have some good graphics it will lose his physics :confused:

20. boxer

boxer Registered

What happens in AC when the CPU/GPU starts to struggle? it losses all sense of speed it's as if you are in a slow motion race...
    displays shows 250Km/h but fells like 25Km/h...
    (from experience as I own both :)

AC shows that it's great graphics which it has without question come at a very high price.

This is not something I experience in rF2 to date (my FPS do very depending on the mod/track.corner.. from 30 to 120) but the nice part is the sense of speed remains very consistent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.