Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

So you was not able to answer my question or what this thread is about.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

AS long as you are positive about each of them in their forums good for you I say. ;)

You don't go to each of their forums constantly complaining year after year either I willing to wager. :)

Since rF2 I do not have enough time to do all cars and tracks in it let alone all sims.

That is because imho rF2 is superior in what matters to me and my favourite rF2 cars and circuits are so immersive I want for nothing else.

In essence rF2 just makes laps in other sims time wasted I could have spent doing in something better.

I used to think much like you Mibrandt ........but I glad feel like I do now.

It is like when you find " the sim" you are finally at peace and everything in the sim world is aligned.

hehehe

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I thought you know better, stop telling me what to do it is not you call.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well, it's interesting to have that as a reason in any case, as at least we can encrypt MAS files for a mod team if they ask us to. While not unbreakable, I don't think that's even possible elsewhere. Meanwhile if someone thinks porting from rF2 to rF1 or any derivatives from that would be any more likely than it coming from AC to those platforms, I would have to say that I disagree. The fact that I have seen iRacing tracks ripped into rF2 (which is obviously something we don't allow to be posted here, or condone either), should be indication enough that the 'ripping' reason is a bit confusing. It's always possible, that is the PC platform and why PCs are both good and bad.

You'd have thought that the best way to stop people ripping your work for other platforms would be to release it on those platforms yourself, but what do I know.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't know how you make from that quote how I am telling you what to do Ari ?

I never meant to imply anything sorry if I did.

................is not me telling you to leave, it is me trying to reconcile myself with how you feel, that's all. ;)

I mean you put rF2 down in fairly broad strokes while on the overhand I rarely hear you say anything is awesome.

I just saying if you have a sim you like more, isn't it better to go to that forum and promote it Positively, not your second choice negatively. ?

So Ari it is not a order or telling you what do or think

It was just a suggestion may make you feel better within yourself.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You don't want to properly read what write. Either that or you don't understand it. Or you're just having a laugh. Either way it's borderline impossible to communicate with you. Everything I write you just respond with a non-response. Don't know if there's a language barrier but it's just really really weird.

I answered what I feel about the sims current state, loud and clear. Yet you act like what I wrote was nonsense. You don't have to respond if you don't fully understand. Or at least have the decency to ask for clarification.

Let me repeat. I am fully happy with the current state of the sim. I am also more than happy with the pace of development. All good things take time. I have yet to experience any show stopping bugs. You keep going on and on about problems that other people seen to have been able to work around to still get a great experience. So this is hardly proof that rF2 is a sub standard sim lol. :D

Also the parallel you draw between your bad experience of rF2 and a few modding teams decision to leave the sim is beyond far fetched.

Nobody asked you to leave. I made a friendly suggestion that you have a break from rF2 until it maybe some day meets your expectations. Until then have some fun in another sim, as there are plenty to choose from. I amazes me that you want to keep torturing yourself with this sim.

7. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Just to go back to the actual point of the thread.

Off the top of my head both the celica thing (not had time to drive or look at it so sorry about maybe getting the name wrong) and the seat have been released in the last weeks.

More tracks from James mabe (the guy who did gingerman, sorry if I got your name wrong) will be coming, Watkins glen is coming, Laguna seca is coming.

There is ZERO issue with mods not being made.

/thread

8. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

Agreed Rich. Quality over quantity for me anyway. With the ISI content and mods I have installed, not nearly enough time to devote to them as I'd like to. I'm not particularly loyal to any one car or track, I just enjoy the challenge each presents on it's own merits. "Jack of all cars, master of none" I guess

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It's always the same folks in these threads mate, it's actually comical.

There are quite a few really good cars I haven't touched in ages because I'm busy touching other really good cars. :p

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 Rich

I would like to see modders improve more ISI content then they did in rFactor please :)

The possibilities with Historics boggles me. :eek:

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I've got a '67 skinpack for the Howstons more or less ready :)

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Absolutely right. I don't understand where this 'worst nightmare' scenario thing is coming from. Mods are streaming in all the time. If a couple of 'old' groups decide to switch platform, so be it. Who cares.

I think it's important to look ahead, not back. So DRM chose another platform. Big deal. If they decide to make it AC exclusive, I'm most likely not going to use it much, if at all, because of how AC feels to me. If it makes it to rF2 someday? Who knows. Something better, maybe completely original, may have popped up before then.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Nice woo :)

Pull a "DRM" woo , don't let AC have a proper Longford.

nah nah nah AC :p

looool

jkjkjk ;)

====================

Nigh 3 years back now when a lot of people were arguing about mod manager.

That petition was about the funniest thing I ever seen in a sim Jamie lol , like what a way to rub a developers nose in it. hehehe

Now most people are falling all over it. hehehe

I told tjc in a thread just after I had coaxed him from pCARS ( it was my evil 1/2 not me lol ) ...before all the mod manger hullabaloo

My sentiments.................

;)

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You just can not let it be, you must "" not only in this tread but all of them, scenario is not coming from Grand Turismo it is coming from 15 years experience and from the guy who has made few mods. Leagues who claims that they are making huge successes here in rFactor2 are using series, Celica GTO or ISI single car mods are not enough third party mods (series) are urgently needed and yes it is a big deal, if you don`t care I bet many cares because they have experience and know that a couple of 'old' groups like HistoriX, Enduracers etc. are making quality mods.

Next time when you are quoting me with your own special way ("") let community know that it is me you will offend.

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Good point`s Tim, DRM team claims that several reasons for their decision, including the unauthorized ripping and converting of their work to other simulations, do you know if DRM mod is encrypted or not?

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

This.......

Every AC pilot comments see, best car i ever drove in AC , yadda

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/honda-nsx.4768/

Then this from very good test driver with his as always lovely videos.

Docile is not a word inspires confidence for me, hehehe

Which lead me to say fun is fun but serious is serious why drive 3 of the same car in 3 sims when you know for yourself which is best.

Sounds like wasted laps to me. :)

17. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

How can you say which is the best if you don't even try?

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

It's in beta AKA not done. I don't see any comment saying that, must be your imagination.

+1

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well if you have driven stock content in both titles and don't know by now what you like, you will never know.

Golanv what has beta got to do with engine and physics.

If I could drive blind folded I could tell you what any 2 cars are, what is RF2 and what is AC and what is pCARS no problem.

They have a overall feel distinctive to the engine, tyres, chassis.

Are you saying that all mods miraculously improve with updates.

That has not been my experience.

;)

20. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

I believe things are more complex than that. Having a great physics engine doesn't have to mean that every car made for that engine will be the best out there.

Anyone would be able to do that, but mainly you would know it thanks to the FFB differences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.