Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This is not true, you are spamming me about AI, you are missing my point which is rFactor 2 not being up to the standards of many modders yet.

I have still in fresh memory when ISI, spring 2014 released new build with online bug setting hole community offline weeks and when game is no beta and it is official build this is totally unacceptable, this will never happen with AC, pCars or iRacing and may also be one of the courses why many moddes/teams keep an eye on the other platforms and don`t release they mods to rFactor2:(

I believe in freedom of expression which you obviously don`t asking me to leave rFactor2 :(

2. Mulero

Mulero Registered

This looks good to you?

[​IMG]

The sky is purple and white, reflection of light is exaggerated, the contrast between light and shadow is too high considering it is about noon and that the sun is giving almost vertically..... It may look more spectacular, more dramatic, but unrealistic.

This latest build has taken a big step forward in lighting, this is how it looks now.

[​IMG]

The lighting is very good, the reflection of the light is right, the colors are very natural .... Still not perfect and can always be improved, but from there to say that rFactor2 has improved nothing or very little ... ... for me it has improved a lot in search of realism and naturalness in the image. Right now the level of realism in the image is very close to iRacing or GSC, which are practically perfect.

3. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

What is sad is that admins and drivers have to deal with such nightmares regarding vmods, packages and whatever. When I think about it I just get a massive headache. Why did they have to invent this overcomplicated system? rF1 with simsyncpro was so much easier...

What is amazing is that I can even see the jaggies in a reduced screenshot, and it's only a picture.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
  4. stonec

stonec Registered

I let the community judge:

It amuses me, people even think I turned on clouds or changed the time of day. As I said, the sun position is same in both screenshots. On this pair of screenshots you can can even see it's the same hour on in-game LCD. The earlier builds just had a more spectacular lighting and reflections, the later builds tweaked it down by something like factor of 10. Both are bad in my view, a middle approach would have done.

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

wasnt AA a problem early on with rf2? and even if it still is, its common to use GPU control panels to force higher quality AA anyway.

i think the pick on the right, as others have said, simply looks much more realistic. the lighting is just..gone in the second one. its smooth, nothing wrong with the textures, but its 'flat' theres no interplay b/w light & dark as there is in real life.

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

@stonec, you should try the "Filmic" tonemapper in devmode. Looks pretty similar to the old lighting system.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

FYI, I didn't think that. The sun looked like some cloud cover to me.

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

gorgeous, but how do i put it in MYYYYYY rf2??

seriously, cant someone do an HDR or something?

i have no idea what im talking about.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Here is a last comparison on Silverstone v1.35 including time of day: View attachment 15375 View attachment 15376

Bear in mind Silverstone was specifically built for the newer build lighting. To me it looks too "sterile" in latest build.

Yep I've experimented a bit with it. Had a bit issues with blown whitepoint, but otherwise seemed promising.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I love all this shading stuff, visually it makes a surprisingly significant difference

11. yusupov

yusupov Registered

wow. the sun really just stopped being a light source & turned into a crayon.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah

I think all this belongs in my ...... " Whats wrong with ISi thread " :confused:

:rolleyes: hehehe

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Well, I am sure you have opinion too why teams/modders are not present, what do you think about state of rFactor2, core,contact patch etc. I would love to hear if you are feeling that all is fine mate?

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well, I am sure you have opinion too why teams/modders are not present,

They are full on certifiable crazy, just look at Lola and GTO .............................I REST MY CASE ??? :confused:

what do you think about state of rFactor2, core,contact patch etc.

It is awesome. :confused:

I would love to hear if you are feeling that all is fine mate?

NAME me something, anything is better ...................Go on then you telling the story ? :confused:

IF you can well ? WTF are you still doing here !!!

Your still here because you do not believe what you say

Just drive the damn thing ffs stop whinging you sound like a old mole. hehehehe

When and if it gets to your sanctification good, if not too bad.

You seriously think all this BS makes any difference to what ISI do in the big scheme of things.

lol I don''t think so. ;)

Ohhhh honey the sun don't look right ! ......are you guys serious

Original rFactor had shadows coming through wall the wrong way and angles. lmao

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh christ I don't know how you got in your head that everyone who doesn't whine and whine and whine all the time thinks that the sim is perfect... please dig up any quote where I've stated that the sim is perfect. I'd really love for you to do so. In fact, please find any post at all from anyone who claims that this sim is perfect.

I enjoy rF2 so unbelievably much, even with its little 'beauty flaws' and bugs here and there. Any sim and any game has that, more or less. But because this is the most complete package for me, and gives me more enjoyment than any other sim or game, I chose to stick up for it.

One of your biggest mistakes is that you assume people who don't whine think this sim is perfect. You need to get that thought out of your head. I don't think it's perfect, because nothing on earth is perfect. I report bugs I find to the devs, and that's all I have to do. I don't see how sounding like a broken record would help anything or anyone?

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 lots of them do that one mate. ;)

You like GPL ........they think there is something wrong with your eyes :rolleyes:

loool

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I suggest you re read what you've wrote, you mentioned the AI and still haven't come up with any reason as to why, i also never asked you to leave I suggested that it may be good for you as you obviously have a problem with ISI and this game, so quite why you're here wasting your time God only knows.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Answer me this hypothetical

If every developer ceased work for good on all sims.

What one would you use in its current state ?

......takes about that long to answer too. :rolleyes:

hehehe

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

;)

My point above being whichever sim you pick that is where you should be ?

..........and whichever sim they pick it should be all positive reinforcement, that only helps get more people into their sim.

Negative reinforcement does works.............you keep it up long enough people will believe it.

What good does that do anyone here ? :)

20. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

All of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.