Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Nope :) . Above my message, there's a quoted message from whom my response is intented for.

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Personally I am proud to be an RF2 driver in Race Department.
    We get an amazing club experience with our admins challenging us weekly with innovative combos. Some are things I would never think to do. EG RC cars at Monaco, Shifter Karts (that RD admin modded). The innovation and great combos keep coming.
    Then we get hard core club racing like 90 minute GT races with 32+ drivers.
    Then we get League where some of the fastest sim racers come to drive.
    I can get on for a laugh such as our Xmas Karting night or I can test myself against top drivers and stretch and learn.

All in all something for everyone.

Further to that we actually run an induction to RF2 program on setups and driving.

Then we actually share our findings in here for the benefit of any and all.

RF2 is growing all the time at RD and is already good anyway.

3. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Communities using Assetto Corsa instead of Rfactor 2 shouldnt be called simracing communities first of all. Some funraces ok, championships? seriously?

We´ve made our journey from RF1 to RF2 but first we used AC for 2 or 3 test races. Goddamn, anyone saying AC is suitable for community racing is something i cant understand.

How can a simracing community choose to use a "sim" where a simple formation lap doesnt exist instead of using RF2?

Cmon....be serious about this.

Simracing means simulating racing. And simulating real life aspects is something AC doesnt do.

Just prefer 20 guys running a decente organized RF2 league than thousands playing AC.

It stinks, yes it stinks and its too far from what a simracing title should be. People supporting this type of hype titles where everything is more important than physics/realism are making a bad work in promoting our hobbie.

4. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

What's the point of this discussion?
    It seems fairly silly...and a bit petty.
    Is it written somewhere that teams can't change their mind and mod for different sims?
    Run both games and enjoy them for what they offer.
    I do.
    When I get a bit frustrated at the development pace of one, I take a break and run the other.

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

LM-P1 and LM-P2, GTE-Pro, GTE-Am and and EGT are third party mods why not ISI mods? If few leagues are doing fine please stop pretending that everything is fine with state of rFactor2 , it is not about you two we are community it is about us. I would also have more people to lap with but it is not going to happen like rFactor2 is today, rFactor 2 is not up to the standards of many modders yet, beta release January 2012, years in making with same issues and the same feature/bug items that get dredged-up after every update because they haven't been dealt with thoroughly, mirrors, heat haze bubble, AI, AA/transparency,multiplayer, no support to multi GPU and triple screens etc., etc.............. I sound like a parrot repeating myself, sure I do but nobody can proof that I am wrong, development of rFactor2 is horrible, just face the fact.

Many modding teams are keeping an eye on the rFactor2 and other platform developments and have not decided if mods are going to be released to rFactor2 or to other platforms, lets hope that we don`t loose teams like HistoriX , EnduRacers etc. because slow development of rFactor2, ISI single car mods are not enough third party mods are urgently needed to make rFactor2 successful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
  6. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

This kind of arrogant statements don't help. This being said I agree with you that rf2 is way more suited for league racing than AC is, it isn't really debatable. But the fact is there are communities out there who run leagues in AC, so it works for THEM. Look at this for instance, they seem to enjoy it quite well :) (hope REVS don't mind me posting this)

And while they are making compromises which wouldn't work for you doesn't mean they are "bad". You closed your post with the word hobbie, and thats what it is for them as much as it is for you.
    And its not like every single league in rf2 uses formation lap, day/night circle, weather, etc. ...

7. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Its not an arrogant statement. Its my humble opinion about this subject.
    Thats the problem since the beggining about all the RF2/AC discussions.
    They shouldnt be even in same category.

Im all in favour people use what they like the most. Just dont understand all this talk about modding teams choose this and that. DRM choosed their path. Its the rigth one? For me it isnt. This type of choices are ruining the simracing thing and im 100% certain that future will not be bright to simracing scene when companies (and specialy users/simracers) are ok with this crappy titles where a cloud is more important than a formation lap or a fence is more important than an yellow flag.

Ill keep my sentence that simracing communities have a roll in promoting whats in their name, simracing, and making AC oficial title is completely against it.

Call it arrogant, its my opinion.

8. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Think I used the term 'arrogant' because we differ in the definition of simracing (mine being wider while yours seems to only include what I would call as hard-core simracing). Of course its your opinion and thats fine and maybe 'arrogant' was a too strong a word :)
    Point is there are guys whose opinion I value and who I would call sim-racers which prefer AC over rf2 for whatever reason ... and yeah it baffles me too but I don't see it as bad for simracing as a whole as you.

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Well it certainly aint humble :)

10. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

The ego of some guys around here it's just awesome, sometimes I think rF2 community believe they are some kind of gods and only the chosen ones should be able to drive rF2. I'm pretty sure this kind of attitude is pushing back potential people who could join rF2...

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm sorry...and I don't know why I'm getting involved...but this is the biggest load of bollcoks I've read so far in this thread. RF2 is easily "upto the standards" just take a look at URD for a prime example, it's the laziness of mod teams to learn the new ways from rf1...something they've had (now) years to deal with yet they can't be arsed, well that's their issue.

...and that list you've got, what exactly is wrong with the AI?! it's the best out there! #Baffled
    I also have two GPUs working just fine so not sure what your issue is there either, sure the Speed Of Progress may seem slow but one thing I've learnt is that ISI do things their way and we need to live with that, if you don't like it simply thats Tough Luck me old china, seems like you need to step away from RF2 and go play something else for abit.

12. Domi

Domi Registered

Populism ftw, you'd be a good politician in my country.

13. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Austria? ;)

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

The category is the same, the level is different, the usage is choosen by purpose. Some day visitors have fun with AC, the other day with rf2, depending on purpose both enjoyable, it basically is more or less about car driving, while racing works better with rf2, .....nice to have and know it all is still WIP. :)

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Okay, Ari, tell us what platform is up to the standards of many modders?

pCARS? Nope, not moddable.
    iRacing? Nope, not moddable.
    Race Room Racing Experience? Nope, not moddable (speak up if anyone knows differently).
    Assetto Corsa?
    Game Stock Car Extreme?
    rF1?
    GTR2? Race07? NASCAR HEAT?

16. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

Did you ever try modding with rF2? ISI are the lazy ones for not doing modding more user friendly, with rF1 it was very easy to develop a mod and it's the same, if not easier, with AC. rF2 with the package system and the pretty unusable devmode you just lose time doing useless clicks until you quit. Apart from that whatever you create for rF2 will look bad compared to the competence so no wonder why they are running away.

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This is you PC specification where is two GPU`s:confused:

Mainboard
    Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    CPU
    i5-3570k @ 4.20Ghz (overclocked from stock 3.40ghz))
    RAM
    8gig
    Graphics
    HD7850 overclocked: 1200volts, 1150core, 1450mem
    Sound
    Onboard
    Storage
    2x 120gig SSD
    Monitor(s)
    Single llyama E2773HS - 1920x1080
    Controls
    G25

rFactor2 don`t have multi GPU or triple screen support, and it don`t work HDR, shadows etc.on with nVdia SLI.:mad:

"I've learnt is that ISI do things their way and we need to live with that" this is Stockholm Syndrome get rid of it.:rolleyes:

PS. Please don`t tell me what to do, I am dry behind the ears are you?.:)

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Explain why there are good mods & tracks from community members for RF2 then? or are you blind and just fail to download the good ones and only use the bad ones as the example?

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I dont need Specs to tell me that my Crossfire works just fine, Far Cry 4 fails in that area have you whinged about that yet?

Stockholm my arse, if you want every software company to do exactly as you want then you're living in a dreamland mate, stop whinging and try posting constructive critisim instead of just bashing for the hell of it.

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You keep going with that funny little notion that anyone who's on board with this sim and ISI has Stockholm Syndrome. :rolleyes:

Maybe look it look up, why don't you? No one here is, or has ever been 'captured' by ISI and forced to use the sim. We're here by our own free will. No one is forcing you to play this 'sub standard' sim.

If you don't like the pace of development, or the sim itself, why don't you leave it be for now? Give yourself a break from all that frustration and bitterness towards it all? Go race something else that you find better for your needs, and then check back here in a year or so, to see if your needs are better met then. Spare yourself some grief man. Just some friendly advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.