Another great modding team is switching from rfactor to AC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Enduracers were the ones in their time and they will be the ones in near future again.
    Hope Historix follow their way.

DRM? Will happen to them what happen to every single modding group working in AC.....forgoten in time.

Sincerely, this news were expected and i think there will be many more moving to that thing called sim. Dont worried about this, RF2 at its present state, even if its not half the way it was supposed, its many steps ahead and the diference between both will be seen even more along time. Let PCars be here and AC will be buried in 2 times.

Good 2015 for everyone.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Please DD this is not about you we are community it is about us.:)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You we us are the community mate :)

I am here every day on server since dot.

All I can say is I believe in RF2, how it makes me feel, forget the bugs, I talking when everything just clicks, there is nothing like it for me.

It will take iRacing2 or AC2 to possibly better it or rF3 to definitely better it , either way that will be years yet.

So why waste them worrying about only 22 drivers.

If we are not those 22 Ari then 22 more wont come.

I rarely see any of the old guys ( 300 I have in book from my room alone ) in open rooms anymore.

If they did a few hours a week to promote it numbers would swell.

You only get what you give.

I still think live racer servers with nothing but ISI content would get more people in then open rooms even with more mods and tracks.

Also you mention rF2 is only endurance sim not true, pCARS will eventually do 24Hour Lemans with driver swaps.

Or don't we consider pCARS a sim anymore. loool ;)

Any team can keep a car on the track for 24 Hours is not "arcading " ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I for one do really miss those official ISI servers from a year or so ago. That was public racing FTW, great participation and some awesome races.

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Absolutely. They really need to bring them back.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Especially now that the online racing is much more stable. It's been a long time since I've encountered any major problems. Much more stable experience than it was back then.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I said the week after they disappeared I be willing to pay a surcharge to keep it going.

The way peoples mindset is on here won't help pay for them, that's for sure.
    It does cost ISI to run them hey ?

Couldn't they buy live racers licences or something to correspond with the driver.

Even if the rating method is flawed people like to see there stats and medals loool ;) Well I did anyways.

So more then likely if 500 of us got off our arses ( I know there must be 500 of us lol ) and got open rooms humming every night bringing more members maybe ISI could afford the servers............

you get what you give........

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Nobody has to pay for hosting, I am doing it for free and there is 4 dedicated running with only ISI mods and tracks but nobody uses them, do you like me to rename them to ISI servers:confused:

The DRM team cites several reasons for their decision, including the unauthorized ripping and converting of their work to other simulations and to prevent this I find statement from Tim interesting:

"There is quite a big scope for rF2s future. What I am working towards is addons, not developed by us, while we continue making our content alongside. A company that might consider licensing our engine to make a standalone could just use their license to build content for rF2, we sell it, we protect it (easy if we handle purchases, you join a server running a mod, we know whether you bought it or not), and rF2 gets that content. How bad do things feel thinking about that? Legal mods could do the same thing. To be honest, those external devs making standalones would probably make more money for less work. We get rF2 sales, maybe a cut, they get to not pay us a licensing fee for our engine, or do engine work at all.

That is one of the things I am hoping to see happen with a number of places we have incomplete series'. Obviously supporting it, is on us. But I personally think you'll get exactly what you're asking for at some point." :)

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I haven't tried AC since 1.0 was released but the last time I drove it there was still show stopping physics issues. Hopefully those issues are either corrected now, will be corrected in the future or can be worked around somehow by physics fudging. If not then the DRM team is simply driven by ego or laziness as there is no other explanation for choosing AC. I'm still confounded that physics are worse than NKP but there statement about not including day night or weather because "most people will not use" revealed their focus on the lowest common denominator IMO so maybe that explains the dumbed down physics or maybe they just got in over their heads. Anyone watch Indie Game The Movie? Pretty intense. I sure bet the ISI guys can relate to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

A whole bunch of high downforce cars in AC, official as well as third party, now have very serious rolling resistance issues, where the rear tires overheat so badly when going fast in a straight line that it leaves the car undriveable after a few laps. Yet no one really seems to mind very much. A lot of people even think it's cool because it makes the cars drift more lol :D Yeah you definitely want your endurance car drifting more during those 24 hours lol :rolleyes:

Imo it's ridiculous and a complete show stopper.

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

So, the general consensus of this thread is that DRM is going AC because AC sux....

I find that hard to believe on both accounts :)

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Do you rely believe this nonsense statement?
    This is how it is, the DRM Modding Team has announced several reasons for their decision, including the unauthorized ripping and converting of their work to other simulations, the recent rise pay mods as well as a general unhappiness with rFactor itself. With the interest in rFactor falling and rFactor 2 not being up to the standards of many modders yet, the DRM Modding Team isn’t the only modding team that is currently in limbo and looking for a new platform to release their content on.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Well there's no need to be naive.. there are official reasons and then there are possibly other reasons between the lines.

The choice is strange no matter what. No matter how great the physics might be, it doesn't really get translated to the user in AC. So it just ends up being a graphics showcase more than anything.

But it's just really positive that other great modders aren't afraid to go all the way in rF2.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It looks like I have right about this:
    The End:(

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

These forums talk more about Assetto Corsa than any other single subject, and always with such hate and bitterness, like something is away from you personally.
    Just to piss you off, I shall give you some advice; Try to learn something from the AC community, that mostly just embraces the various sims available to us consumers.
    This is so sad read, it has actually become funny.
    [​IMG]
    SHUT UP!!!

- peace!
    [​IMG]

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You're reading a bit too much into this. Hate and bitterness? Hold your horses lol. :D

17. Led566

Led566 Registered

Quite interesting is the fact that right now is perfectly possibile to rip AC original 3D models and convert it to rF2 without too much hassle.
    Actually is easier than converting 3D meshes from FM.

Talkin about real problems:
    Physics files from rF1 aren't good enough for rF2. DRM geometry files are mostly fantasy, turbo is not modeled, tires needs a complete overhaul.
    Matzies publicly stated that rF2 might be called rF1.5 (for reasons known only to him...)
    Sum everything up and this is the outcome.

For me not a problem, I have AC and I like it, if I need to drive the Betas around nords i will drive them in AC.
    If I would "race" the Betas in AC...now that's a different story (and I'm not swedish).

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I think this is really the main point. We know from rF1 and rF2 that car mods with decent physics are few and far between. Many have great graphics. I am OK with many fewer mods for rF2 if they are the complete package. Even top mods like URD T5 have unfinished physics. It's hard to make a realistic car. If it wasn't, ISI would be popping them out more regularly.

19. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Totally agree, I hope the ISI servers can make a comeback.

20. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes, the publicly stated reason of avoiding ripoffs is nonsense in view of the fact that the models are already out there to be ripped and AC offers no protection against more ripoffs. At least in rF world you can ask for the models to be encrypted; whether you believe that encryption is adequate or not is a different story.

It does say much about the DRM team. They chose a new platform that currently has no flag rules, no pitstops for the AI, and no dynamics. On the other hand, they didn't choose it until after AC switched to FMod for sound. All this suggests they are not aiming for league usage and they're only interested in short races offline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.