Lime Rock Park v2.0 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It'll be quicker in the future, most likely. Some things to tie together in the back end.

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

The complete sentence was "I use ISI standard tracks (no tweaking at all)". I didn't change any component of the track.

Spinelli's recommendations were about optimization of FPS in the Nvidia control panel (anti aliasing, number of pre-rendered frames, texture filtering). They didn't change how things looked with the previous build at all.

As I told you before, if I am alone in seeing the track and the sky over exposed from cockpit view, don't bother any more, the problem is certainly on my side.

I really appreciate your help, and I don't want to waste your time any longer.

Tutlle explained me in this thread that the new release had changed the gamma point, he wrote "What you're seeing it's probably the gamma change in that new build, so you don't need to reinstall."

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  3. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Excuse my english, it's not very accurate.

Lgel, i was having similar problems. I'm using spinelli-great-settings too. What i did is set in Nvidia Inspector the default settings of RF2 (saving previously the profile), and setting AA in launcher. I think it looks better now, but i didn't made and extensive comparission, i have to say, this is my impression. You can try disabling Inspector profile and see if there's any change.

On the other hand, track is a blast. Years ago i hated it, so much "overdose" on Iracing rookie series. But when ISI released it, i begin to liking it little by little, and now i have extremely fun with Skip Barber (seriously, this combo is epic) and Classic (and modern) F2&F3. You can't never getting bored of it.

Some things still look "not so fine". Like grass and most of the trees, but overall is a great work. Thank you.

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks for your interest in my problem, I'll try what you did, and I'll report back later.

Restored default configuration of Nvidia settings. No changes, still over exposed, trees look worse (I suppose it's something about anti-aliasing transparency).

Sorry and thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

To close this subject.
    Went back to build 880, no over exposition of sky and track. Installed build 906, back to over exposure.

Cheers.

6. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Framerate is very low for me on this one. Haven't tried any other track. Less than 20 frames with 20 cars (mine incl.) My system spec can be seen under my avatar. Guess I'll need a better gfx card?

EDIT: Cars used are Chevy Corvette C6 GS with LOD disabled.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Are you using road reflections? If so try turning that setting off. :)

8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Will do. Thanks for that hexa.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I`m really fine with B906, except HDR, each Track looks horrible with HDR ON. The colours are very blinding myself, need to wear sunglasses while driving. ;) I have everything maxed out Ingame, any suggestion/hints/tips? But please don`t tell me, i have to calibrate my LCD Screen. Everything else, except rF2, looks brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

You and me are the only ones having a problem. I am sure you read my post http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=328195&viewfull=1#post328195

Cheers.

11. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Not entirely true:) I was very negative after I fired up B906 for the first time. Now, after having spend some more time with it, I feel much happier. What changed my opinion were the following things:

1. I simply needed to get used to the new color balance, something which IMO most people need when things change. And additionally, I came to feel that, with certain tracks, the new HDR settings actually look a lot better than the old ones, especially on tracks which had over-saturated colors.
    2. The in-car over-exposure is a know issue, and because I got my first impressions doing in-car laps, my view was a bit biased. Later, after having watched a lot of track-cam views, I am surprised how good things sometimes look.
    3. There was/is a lot of ignorance on my side, as I simply don't know enough about gfx to understand the implications of HDR. After understanding slightly more about the difficulties now, it's much easier to be satisfied with the current situation. And, ISI isn't ready yet with optimizing HDR either, so things will improve. Furthermore, after carefully thinking about it, I am surprised that, under the conditions ISI work, with having to update an older engine with all its complications etc., I came to the conclusion that the work they delivered so far is outstanding, and not as slow-paced as we often feel.
    4. Partly gfx related: for me, the overall experience has been enhanced once again. I think because things run just a tad smoother. The last couple of days I felt more immersed when driving than ever before.

Please don't see the above reasons as guidelines on how you should see the situation. I merely used your post as an incentive to reflect upon my own first impressions, provide some positive feedback and herewith give some praise to ISI, who have deserved much more of this:)

Greets,

Roland

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Ronnie I understand all the points you state, I know that RF2 is an incredibly ambitious project in two aspects dynamic lighting and the tire model.
    I am totally sympathetic to ISI staff, and fully appreciate their efforts, but we are now at build 906, it is awfully late to still have this kind of problems.

Yes, I confess I am mainly using RF2 to do in car laps, and I was surprised at what had happened to most tracks at a normal racing hour (14h-15h PM).

I have once more lost many hours researching if I had a problem with my installation (as you can see in this thread, went back to default graphic card settings, checked my monitor calibration, and finally went back to B880 to confirm that the problem was with the build 906), no one from ISI told me frankly we know there is an in car problem of over exposure.

Personally I would never have released a version with such a defect.

Thanks and cheers.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I had to install Lime Rock 2.0 as a seperate track from v1.43 (or whatever the previous version was)...

1. Updating the previous LRP seemed impossible because the "update" button was still greyed-out in mod manager. The LRP 2.0 package file was indeed in the packages folder.

2. I cannot uninstall the previous version of LRP since 6 cars or "mods" are connected to it or something?

I can't believe just simply wanting to uninstall a track can be such a hassle and lengthy process.

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Me too.

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Tuttle does... ;)

Maybe they tested never InCar :D :D :D :D

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Just uninstall the mods using the old version of the track. Then uninstall the old track and install the new one. It's not meant to update the old version. Just get rid of the old one and install the new.

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I uninstalled LRP 1.43, deleted it from my package directory, installed LRP 2.0 through Content screen, and the Content window still want me to install the 1.43:

View attachment 15280

18. stonec

stonec Registered

There is no defect, at least not anything new that came with build 906. Here is a cockpit comparison I made: build 880, build 906. Gamma change made everything look a bit less contrasty, including cockpit view. Nothing new with cockpit view though, it has always been overexposed like this.

19. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

It is correct. LRP 2.0 it's not a track progressive update but a complete package so you don't need the 1.43 anymore. We probably still keep the old version server side for a bit, so I guess what you're getting there it's just the system showing you both versions available. Just keep the 2.0 and don't mind about the old one.

20. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I told you about the gamma change yesterday. Not sure why you're still complaining about that aspect. You don't like that, go back to legacy HDR. You've been told that this is part of a series of changes and why we moved HDPs to legacy. We told you everything you need to know (apart the fact those changes were already mentioned in the OP/Changelog). About what you call "defect" is the Auto Exposure which is doing what he's supposed to do; compensate occluded areas (cockpit mostly) to balance the overall scene light. More black/dark you have covering your screen more the AE will try to compensate. It is like that since day 1.

Again, you don't need to install, reinstall, uninstall, reinstall etc. Everything you are reporting it's not a bug and/or a defect. You may not like that but this is another story and...I'd say we got it. ;)