rFactor 2 Build 906 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Effectively it is difficult, your opinion may vary, it depends on which track you run, of the hour you test, whether it is an open wheeler or a tin top. If it is a tin top it depends of the size of the wind shield.

So basically I agree with you it is very difficult to assess.

Cheers.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Auto-updater worked flawless, like always!
    Lighting is indeed better! DonĀ“t find it reasonable to change the lighting several times during the development process though - mods have to be updated eventually.
    No difference in performance here.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes Sir, thank you Sir, I didn't understand that this forum was reserved to UK natives and by extension may be North Americans.

Thanks to make me realize that I am a segond class citizen of the world dear Jamie, and once more I appreciate your informative, well intentioned, and educated post.

Avoid yourself the hypocrisy of writing that you are sorry of the rant, and if you are don't write it next time.

Sincerly yours.

Seasonal Greetings.

P.S. I hope you will understand my spanglish Sir.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I don't want to divert this topic from it's intention, which is to talk about 906 and unfortunately the ensuing problems that are accompanying it, but you are an ass. I have not spent four figures on iRacing (how would you presume to know?) and I have criticized iRacing in their forum when it deserves it. For example, the tire model that was supposed to be finished years ago and is still plodding along one car at a time being polished. However, iRacing generally has a completely different approach to promises, updates, development philosophy and so forth. So even if you don't like the product, it is difficult to criticize the processes. iRacing also would never allow their staff to communicate with customers the way Tim and others do on here. I am not concerned about that--I am not a baby. In fact, I find it refreshing to have "real people" responding without all the corporate filtering and BS. But you get what you give. I would prefer that you mind your own business and butt out of conversations that don't directly involve you so we don't waste others' time in this thread.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

People represent themselves with every post and it's up to them to deal with any consequences. IMO Jamie should have got to the point of typing "Sorry for the rant" and cancelled the post.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I don't really think that was necessary and slightly ironic considering your post complaining about how someone else was speaking to devs?

While I may agree that Joe was entitled to feel a little miffed at the tone of the "constructive feedback" I don't think there needs to be a cat fight afterwards amongst members... surely you are more mature than that?

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you guys find each other annoying, block each other. You don't need to have a debate on how you don't like each other, or each other's posts. You'll both end up getting a time out, regardless of helpfulness, as it'll come down to annoyance to deal with the post reports alone. You probably could consider that as a warning that I'm done reading you two replying to each other.

Joe didn't need a response from anyone, though I felt Marc could (and did). Why people both defend, attack or "color commentary" a dev, rather than focus the actual issue, I will never understand. It's actually very difficult to get information when it's padded like that. As I said earlier on in this thread, I couldn't even follow some posts because they were filled with so much padding.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

BTT :cool:

Build 906: I enjoyed a short race with the URD T5 MOD and MidOhio, HDR off. Everything else MAX, really smooth, no stutter etc.

Short vid:

I did the video record & cut on my office pc, stutter are not from rF2 ;-)

9. yifter

yifter Registered

UI for the launcher is a good step in the right direction, if you ask me. However, its not compelling, if you ask me. Me, i personnally like simplicicty combined with elegance. Im not a UI designer, all my programs look like excel, but thats what i would shoot for (elegance etc,). Includes color, font, size of font, AND form follows function, not the other way around, like so often these days. Whom told ;)

In the end it will be satisfying, im sure. Looks promising, good move, ISI!

10. matf1

matf1 Registered

Confirmed that vmods no longer revert list view to spinner view. Woohoo!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Anyone had a problem uninstalling or deleting components. :p

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I also have confirmed this! A minor Christmas miracle. :)

13. tjc

tjc Registered

I noticed the "heat-haze" bug showing a bit in your video there Juergen except it`s showing on the exhaust flames...

I know you had HDR off but it would be good if this bug was fixed up.

Nice vid though. :)

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Ales is aware on it and promised to fixed that with the next URD-T5 update. Whenever this would be...

15. tjc

tjc Registered

If there`s something Ales can do then that would be good but I think this is possibly more a rf2/build bug when HDR is turned off. :)

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is nice to see that rFactor 2 now properly supports controllers with more than 32 buttons, this means that for example the Race King r12 LED by Derek Speare Designs(http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/race-king-r12-led.html) can now be used without the need for any special tools.
    Excellent news if you happen to own one! :)

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I just tried the Honda BTCC, URD EGT, URD T5 and ISI Camaro. No "heat-haze" bug shown, except with the URD T5. This is the only car where i can reproduce that behavior.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
  18. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... ok. I can`t test just now as I`m not at home so fair enough.

I just thought I read somewhere that it was affecting other cars when HDR was turned off but maybe not.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Some cars have heat haze and some don't. There are two solutions: ISI fixes the problem, or, modders turn off the feature (temporarily or permanently). I believe URD intends to do the latter because they are tired of people complaining about the silly-looking graphics and cannot control when or even find out if/when ISI intends to fix it.

Try the Megane and the ISI Formula car as examples. I think you'll see the heat haze bubble again.

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Many thanks for the detailed informations.