rFactor 2 Build 906 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 16, 2014.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Great build for some ( me included ) no problems, only fixes. Unfortunately it seems for some its the opposite.

2. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

Judging by the tone of this thread I think I'll stick with build 880 for now! Sh@#! Now PRCSteve has me thinking otherwise!

3. Emery

Emery Registered

AI cars follow the path set in an AIW file (AI Waypoints), which is a part of the track. It's possible that other improvements in AI capabilities causes trouble in the garages, but not likely as I recall AI had troubles at Silverstone well before build 880. In any case, updating the AIW at Silverstone is the long term cure, not going backwards in AI capabilities. This is why MarcG says it has nothing to with Build updates.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

reading these posts & looking at the release note ( sounding as if I'm having a bash & being rude isn't my intention)
    it looks as though there is little work been done since the last build ....a weeks tinkering for one person ?

no doubt ISI dev's are perhaps busy on other stuff not related to rf2?

I can't really use rf2 yet (awaiting rift support ) so it's making no difference to me, but it would be nice to see some progress from build to build

is ISI still committed to rf2 ?

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes there was, pretty sure the Track Team have posted about it too somewhere in the past.

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

So, as you see nothing in the notes that you deem as a big fix, you think there's no work going on? What about a bug that may have taken a long time to track down and squash? Weird things happen when coding, does it need to be said again? Kill 1 bug, get 5 more.

Also, if the devs are still working on a feature but it's not ready, then you are not going to see anything in the notes, are you...thinking along the lines of the CPM...the rules packages...etc...

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I do find your posts entertaining ;) Keep it up.

8. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Thanks ISI for the new build! Spectacular improvement in overall lighting. Tried a few combinations of tracks, open wheelers and GTs and everything looks better.
    I think some of the users here with too bright images should maybe try and calibrate their monitors or maybe there's some other issue I'm not experiencing.

My wild guess is that lighting improvement, especially at night, are in preparation of oval racing + stock car content. Just a wild guess.

Tried also the Steering Torque Capability value to 5.5 for the T500. Haven't tested quite enough to be sure of the effect.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

so it is a good build then, ok

kaptain -Thankyou im always happy to entertain (-;

minibull - I sincerely hope you are right

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  10. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

Installed it, tried it, going back to 880. Same issue here: lighting is nice, unless you're inside the car.
    Nonetheless, I'm happy to see updates! :)

11. elbo

elbo Registered

add my name to the list of the black mirrored.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Everything look gorgeous outside the cockpit here too. Inside, not so much. Washed out and way too bright.

I am however very thankful for the update. The new launcher is very very nice. :)

13. tking

tking Registered

Thanks ISI!! Update worked perfect for me and what a fine update it was.
    Seems like graphics are better. The ffb is outstanding and even sounds are better!
    Some 3rd party mods I have installed have taken on new life and where the sounds were
    disappointing before, now they are much better. Overall a big step forward. Good job!

14. yusupov

yusupov Registered

thx ISI! cant compare performance w/ the previous build (never ran fraps w/ it) but its certainly come a long way even from before 660 when i demoed it for the first time.

didnt notice any graphics problems but ive only tried one car so far.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Silverstone pit AI have been broken since release of the track. 100% guaranteed. There have been people complaining about it all along. Why hasn't it been fixed yet is the real issue.

16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I updated and made a race. I didn't found problems, but the HRD almost burned my eyes at midday.

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

+1 i was a bit sceptic about this build after reading the forum, but for me till now no problems :)

18. matf1

matf1 Registered

Yusupov, do you know there is an in-game fps counter?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Unfortunately once again ISI ignore Nvidia SLI and triple screen users, HDR + multiview low framerates and loads of stutters, performance is like before, 0 improvement.

When I am reading release notes makes to wonder what has priority in this game, beta release January 2012, 3 years in making no support to multi GPU and triple screens is pathetic.

Thank you for the new build.

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hiya Ari

I don't use triple screens now but rf2 use to work fine on them
    (I didn't use multiview as my fov was fairly low due to close center screen -see pic )

& I use to use duel gpu's (AMD then nvidia ) but ended up switching one of them off as I got better more fluid performance across various sims (not just rf2) with just one gpu -I know it's not want you want to hear but give it a try
    I'm much happier with one GPU now

p.s most software titles are not really providing proper support for duel gpu's now & the nvidia drivers offering sli/crossfire are questionable