CPU OR GPU Limited

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eltidi, Dec 11, 2014.

1. eltidi

eltidi Registered

Yes I'm forcing it through ccc at 4X supersampling, the thing is less than that and it doens't really look nice.

2. xAcid9

xAcid9 Registered

4x SSAA will drop my frame in half i think. lel
    lemme try.

3. xAcid9

xAcid9 Registered

I got around 40-ish fps at start and 50-60 after that with forced 4xSSAA. Your card should at least 40%-50% faster than mine.

Before you go out and buy a new CPU, try download the new Omega driver [here] and remove your current driver using DDU [here], maybe the new downsampling feature in Catalyst Omega for 290 series will make you drop SSAA.
    If that still didn't work, try start with fresh PLR or new installation of rF2 lite.

30 cars(20 Visible) | URD + BES mod | Sepang@10PM
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. eltidi

eltidi Registered

Hey thanks for taking the time to do this.

Ok I tested with the same settings as you and 51 fov bes mod + urd 29 ai in sepang at night and I'm getting 53 at the start and 60-70 in race with the new drivers, that's an improvement. I guess with a new a cpu I could improve around 10 fps given the difference between our cards. I will think if it's worth it. What cpu are you running?

5. xAcid9

xAcid9 Registered

I'm using a Xeon E3-1230v2 which essentially a Core i7-3770 with 100mhz clock reduction and no iGPU. :p

6. jayblue

jayblue Registered

Have you tried reducing your graphics settings. I am using a 144hz monitor so generally try to maintain 144fps, and that with a 280X 3GB card which is less powerful than the OP's. I can keep my FPS there by dropping to multi sample AA (Super sample is a BIG FPS killer) and by reducing shadows to medium. For me the loss of playability from a lower FPS is not a worthwhile trade off for the small amount of extra eye candy.

7. eltidi

eltidi Registered

Ok I just reduced AA from super sampling to multi sampling And my fps increased to 60 at start and 90 to 100 race, it's not as nice looking but the fps boost makes me happy, well I will sit on my cpu from now. Thanks to all for your help.