Please vote for rFactor (1) on Steam

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I've fired up RaceRoom Experience yesterday just to check whats new after some time I haven't played it.

I drove my first slow hotlap and did a time, my position was around 11.600. Can you imagine that..

11.600 people has made their hotlaps, which means they all got the game (which is not that spectacular either) and played it. I know the game is F2P but it's very limited with stock content, but that's a pretty big number of players. If RF gets 1000 od those people, the community will surely grow bigger, more people will find out about RF2 too, maybe some talented modders will show up..

I would surely vote for RF2 to get on Steam too.. Only benefits I can see, very few cons..

2. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Personally not a steam user. But I am interested to see what gets out of this :)

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

"rFactor has been Greenlit on Steam. This allows us to investigate the platform fully, see exactly how and if we want to support it. Thank you!"

Job done.
    Job just started.

5. tjc

tjc Registered

I was just going to post that Gui but ya beat me to it :p

The tweet just came up a second ago... your fast!

:)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

[​IMG]

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Hurrah, and yeah, now the work starts XD

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Congrats to ISI. It will be very interesting to see what will happen regarding Steam.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Did Factor 1 get greenlit extremely quickly, or was that about average? I thought we'd be waiting quite a bit longer for the final outcome.

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

Seemed quite quick to me ai, but I dunno what's involved with the process.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

Seemed quick to me too but I also know nothing of the process...

13. Hybridesque

Hybridesque Registered

Tim Wheatley,

Hopefully now that you're greenlit, you can answer the queries I had listed previously in the thread.

I just wish for the absolute minimum involvement with Steam... Ideally I prefer none, but I don't have a choice in the matter.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"This allows us to investigate the platform fully, see exactly how and if we want to support it."

15. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

There are several developers that will tell you their experiences with getting Greenlit, but if you look for official statements from Valve about the process, you will soon find out that there are none. In fact almost a year ago they stated they were not that happy with the way Greenlight works. At the same time they still have not replaced it with anything else, and there are no other ways of getting onto Steam. So all you can do is what ISI did here, get on Steam and try to get enough interest for Valve to notice. It's nice to see they succeeded, and quite quickly if you ask me! The next steps will be very interesting.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Interesting post.

It will indeed be interesting to see where this goes. :)

17. Depco

Depco Registered

I am quite pleased a rF 1 getting greenlit.

Imagine if you will, rF1 gets placed on stream. A fire sale or other promotion places it in the hands of an otherwise uninitiated young driver/gamer. The gamer really likes it and tells his friends... A couple more sales are made. They then find out about rF2. Better graphics, better physics, better FFB (in the youths excitement he got an inexpensive used FFB wheel). It is a win for ISI and rF1 and rF2 users.

Or, imagine this, ISI makes a Oculus Rift plugin for rF1. People flock to Steam to get their copy so they can race in 3D VR goodness on a game that is not dead. A game as dead as Live for Speed has had new life breathed into it simply by having OR support. If ISI already has a third party working on the steam issue, then why not pay for a third party to work on OR support and watch your sales explode, thereby leading people into rF2 and its improved tech.

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

Mmmmm, I like this idea. It would have to be done in a way that wouldn't affect the normal rf1, but you are right, that could give another kick up the pants for an old sim.
    It would meed a bit of work of course, but hey.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

20. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I'd guess the third party ISI is working with is Reiza since Stock Car Extreme is about to go live on Steam.