Not this again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just got offline..

1. Saw the real top guys doing the whole brake-while-holding-down-massive-amounts-of-throttle thing. I'm talking like 30%-70% throttle while braking, not just a few percent or so. It looks ridiculous and the way the cars are driven in order to achieve those top times is ridiculous. I thought the physics were such that driving like this wasn't the fastest way anymore. Reminded me of sims from 10 years ago. The onboards looked ridiculous.

2. Cars with no auto-blip on the downshift also stay perfectly stable as long as you're holding that constant throttle during braking. You don't even need to blip, just downshift while you hold the constant throttle and the rear stays perfectly happy while downshifting WITH NO AUTO BLIP, and it doesn't matter if you're using auto-clutch or not, the rear-stays perfectly happy either way

I've seen issue #1 and #2 with the new BMW 3 series touring mod that came out, and I've seen issue #1 - only to a slight extent, though - with the classic F3s (Spark and Eve), but I've also seen issue #2 really bad with the classic F3s. Actually I see issue #2 really bad everywhere.

Messed up

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Meh. Nothing new. Driving historic vehicles properly means battling with lesser drivers online.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

They are driving cars like karts or FWD rally cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  4. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

This is why rf2 needs to force the clutch in cars that use them, AC and iracing do this, I need to use the clutch or match the revs to shift, if I don't the car won't shift and I lose time. I understand that public server racing uses auto clutch but it should come at a price of slower shifts because it is an aid.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

The T280 requires clutch if you don't have auto-clutch but not sure how fast auto clutch is

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't know what you talking about with F3.

I left foot brake but I do not do that, never have and I as fast as anyone at my given tracks.

Yeah remember not all people have great controls or even a clutch.

Okay for someone who has 2000 worth of controls to talk from their ivory tower hey. ?

What I have a busted twisted broken off centre rattling Fanatec carrera and spiking pedals ....I WILL STILL RUN YA with your CSW and crap and beat alot of them. !

What you say to that you think that's fair ! LMAO

7. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I guess many people still use Driving Force Pro or Driving Force GT (or any other wheel) that doesn't have a clutch pedal. That's why normally you wouldn't disable auto-clutch in a server.

Anyway, having a clutch pedal I never drive automatic unless the car is configured to be driven that way. I think manual cars being driven with auto-clutch should have some kind of feature that wouldn't allow those "tricks" to be done.

8. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Unfortunatelly a lot of sim"racers" are like that. Since always, no matter which plataform. People who suposelly use simulators searching for a realistic way of driving, drive the most unrealistic way just to be on the top of the charts!!! That's just sad!

And that's one of the reasons I find a very detailed damage model is a huge part of the simulation itself.

P.S.: The tire degradation is already a huge step forward in this matter, comparing to rF1. If it'd be like this with suspension and clutch (+ gearbox & engine improved), would be really great.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

tell me what is authentic or real about these ......................

TEAMSPEAK ........ nothing but a cheat ask the FiA

Even that is not enough for a lot of you "expert iRacers" I see video of , you want to talk to your teamates as well ! FFS !!! lmao

HUDS ......... just plain fiction

MAP PLUGINS ............ 100 sort of plugins .in a Historic car ? Really ?

PRESS ESC to STOP ......95 % of all drivers do this one, good that iR does not have it.

WD iRacing.

VIRTUAL MIRRORS ><>>> lmao kiddie stuff imho makes it so easy for traffic its a JOKE !!!

MOTEC .......in a F3 lool

TYRE TEMPS .........in a F3 bahahaha

this is all real ??? :rolleyes:

Experts yeah right

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
  10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What ......cat got your tongue. ?

Explain how you justify any of that crap above to yourself. :confused:

While at the same time dissing people may have inferior controllers, how they use brake and throttle........... :rolleyes:

lmao sorry I find it seriously warped

I can list 10 more fantasies people use .............. more. :D

People live in glass house should not throw stones

:)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

bumpity bump

lool ;)

I really want to hear the twisted logic some people use to justify using crap like that above.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I suggest if you want to sit in rooms and watch other drivers pedal inputs you have the problem.

heheheh jk spin ;)

TYRE DEG Fabio huge step you say .........I agree mate, but it is still canned.

Noel bashed me a year ago, he said that its ALL realtime

lmao .................. BS !@!

It is partly realtime obviously :rolleyes: .......but more canned in the whole.

Show me 10 different flat spot patterns with new tyres at the same speed same corner.

I dare you. ;)

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

maybe people don't want to join in on your thread hijacking and give any relevance to your BS

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Answer my points, they are totally relevant. :)

I contend all the things I mentioned above Jim fall into that catergory

Sure it will upset heaps of people. also good drivers that use shifters and heel and toe and virtual mirrors with tri screen because they cant even see their mirrors.

But that is not my point to disparage people use any of the above.

I accept them all, use them don't bother me, you won't hear me say anything but WD ;)

But if people want to have a go at one aid or cheat or trick you should be open to ALL.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

or because you are on many ignore lists Durge..........loool

:p

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

But mate I not trolling you know that.

I don't think I am as good as Frans because I a bit slower but because he has a CSW and Hyper sim and I don't.

LMAO

I don' t care Frans or anyone else uses any or all those things above in a F3, it is his right.

I just explain my philosophy is all.

When I finally get a shifter and new wheel and pedals I will use them as correctly as I can for 1960s :) I promise.

Maybe why I see a no aids no hud no help ( extra) version of rFactor 3 a way there is no debate.

Clutch would be fixed

You would be allowed virtual mirrors but nothing else.

Build a sim like that then we can talk whats real or not for everyone as we will all have the same. ?

I dunno' ......sounds good to me ?

:)

BTW: If the car you drive has on board LED you can have Motec ...etc etc etc

I mean every car itself real ...you get that right :)

TC cars would have TC, etc etc

But example in Historic F3 you would not see pit limit or brake bias or HUDs even in the menus.

Virtually every car change would be a reboot, changes of UIs , garage variations , etc etc

P.S.

Make that version of rF3 dearer then standard rF3. I will pay the extra.

That is whole point of thread ? Getting drivers that want to drive real to do it ? :)

The others can play standard rF3.

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I know that. Nonetheless you come across as a troll simply because of the way you communicate. you come across as a troll, and that is how you are treated. ignore lists. simple.

Me, I think its funny as f*ck how you talk, very entertaining.
    At the same time I don't really know what you mean 85% of the time. and trust me, I try. because intrigued.

But. If you want to communicate with people (i.e. making them understand you, and trying to understand them) you will have to change your ways considerably.
    I know you will disagree. that's fine as well. but you are a smart person, you should have figured out by now its not working, at all.

You did not.
    The guy told us whats wrong according to him.
    The you told him what else is wrong according to you.

In your world you have won the discussion because of that. in reality you just added items which have little to do with the topic.

Seriously Durgemeister. with all the talking you do around here, you might as well try and make people understand you more. now you are rapidly becoming a caller in an empty desert. or shouting in space. with your head up your own...ah never mind, you get the drift lopl

But at least you entertain me, that's gotta be worth something. I am after all, the mighty Denstjiro.

18. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

+1 to both. Such a mess to the OP he had to find his post. Ruining all serious talks, it's better to keep him ignored by as many as posible.

We are all men here, so don't behave as a child and you'll get the attention you want.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You can slant that anyway you want it is still a philosophy I held for a decade.

iRacing is the closest thing to it, I just say go further. :)

As I clearly pointed out in things I would not have in the dearer "Pro" version.

It is not about being beat by people that is all Spin talks about wt? man :)

Do me the respect of answering my points if Spin example is not real tell what of the ones I mentioned are, just don't ignore it.

Oh you only understad 15% of the Bold items I listed. lool be serious

I am talking about a whole concept as well.

Just a tiny example look at iRacing ...........no stop to esc. ( I believe ? )

How much do you think that helped certain people improve in pits ?

I have people 2 years cant pit stop a F3 decent.

It breeds realism and constituency, cars slow lapping back to pits, everyone knowing what they are doing as they must do the same ............... I never see it hardly.
    Only in iRacing...

Lastly you must have missed my line ......................
    So it was not about what I like or not or being beat by faster drivers. ;)

20. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Google translate failed me again ...