gMotor2 MAS file utility has stopped working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ORA-Ulee Deway, Nov 30, 2014.

1. ORA-Ulee Deway

ORA-Ulee Deway Registered

I can start up the gMotor 2 File Utility, but as of today when I click the "Create New Mod Package" button, or the "Edit Existing Mod Package" button, I get the "gMotor 2 MAS File Utility has stopped working" message straight away.

I have made up a lot of these in the past, but tried creating a Multi-car and Multi-track Package today and since then I now get this error message.

I tried reinstalling the "rFactor2_LiteBuild_880.exe" to see if that would help, but still can't get it working again.

2. Maxcat

Maxcat Registered

I have exactly the same problem. I also did a clean install of build 880 and it did not fix the problem

3. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

Clemenca likes this.
  4. ORA-Ulee Deway

ORA-Ulee Deway Registered

5. Spectator6

Spectator6 Registered

Having the same issue, but unfortunately, neither of those files are in my AppData\Roaming directory. Anything else I could try?

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Which 2 files?
    It is only talked about pkginfo.dat.
    Check again because the file is created there by the MAS utility. It it doesn't create it at all I don't know what could be happening. In any case I think you have not checked properly since the trick has happened to be the cause for all similar issues so far. You would be the first exception to the rule.

7. Spectator6

Spectator6 Registered

Well then we may have to sign me up to be the exception :) Does that come with a free rF2 coffee mug? ha

In the linked thread, Noel Hibbard says to look for two files, cmpinfo.dat and pkginfo.dat in the AppData\Roaming and AppData\Local directories. I assume he's specifically talking about AppData\Roaming\~MASTEMP.

In my case, unfortunately, neither of those files exist in that directory. It contains a whole bunch of MFT files, along with a couple Microsoft Access files and a couple mas.bak files that correspond to the custom packages I attempted to make. I broadened the search to the entire drive, but that also yielded no results.

I'm wondering though, if the file is created by the MAS utility, is it possible my not having it could be the cause for the program to crash during the final stages of creating a custom package? If it helps at all, this is the guide I was followed to create the mod package.

8. TPG

TPG Registered

The files Noel referred to are Loose .dat files in AppData\Roaming folder, most likely at the bottom (below all the folders)..they are Not in the ~MASTEMP folder.

9. Spectator6

Spectator6 Registered

Quick update, I got it to work!

Originally, I was including virtually every car and track mod I had into the custom package. I tried again just now with only a few cars and a few tracks and BOOM! It created just fine.

@TPG, thanks for the info! Now that the packages have been created, I *do* see two files in my AppData\Roaming directory that weren't there before, pgkinfo.dat and pkginfo_bak.dat So it's a success all around!

Thank you both your help in getting it straightened out :)