[WIP] Forestheim Last Public Beta - Preorder ends 02/28

Discussion in 'Locations' started by sergioloro, Nov 26, 2014.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Lol, this is really like wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Classy af!

3. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

Hi all!
    like some of you know i have been doing some AC tracks. I did not forget about rfactor 2 and i get excited every time i saw new screenshots, but there has been like 10 months that RF2 stop to work at my PC, it start OK but tracks does not load correctly, i mean any track, even at some track there is no road, i can drive around it, but 9.8 of 10 i got a crash to desktop.
    I try everything solution provide at this forum but nothing works. i was think about to change my graphic card to see if that helps.
    I was using gjed and seems the perfect tool and to be honest i hope to be able to fix this at some point.
    I have been updating my tracks mesh and of course i really would love to provide to all of yours a new version of Hockenheim plus Ahvenisto track, wich is finished.
    I am doing some work on others tracks, like Elaintarharata, wich i would love to see at RF2.
    i have been updating all my trackside objects database with news material,wich work better with new sims.
    There is not a day i think to fix this and provide to all you what do you deserve.
    I am sure it was my mistake to not concact with supporters, but at this point it is hard to came every month and says "rf2 still not working", and everything looks like i forgot about RF2, i really hope at some near future i can fix this, actually i am installing new update to see if this solve problem.
    If this problem is not solved with next updated i think best to do right now is return money to all of you and wait for RF2 works again.
    i feel very sad because many of you feel bad about all this, it was not my interest to do wrong things, but i have been learned of all this process.
    Nothing more to says really.
    Cheers

Sergio Loro

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Sergio, thank you very much for stopping by here and letting us know what's what.
    I was afraid you'd left rF2 for good. I'm very happy to hear that's not the case.
    We need your bloody brilliant historic tracks, mate! :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such persistent issues running rF2.
    But I'm sure with a bit of patience you can get all the help you need to get it running again, right here on the forum.

Have you grabbed some trace files from those CTD's you're experiencing?
    If not, try to upload one so support can have a look at it. :)

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but do not despair! Did you do an absolutely clean installation of the latest rF2?

And all the work you are doing on AC tracks will still benefit here if you eventually convert them for rF2, so no harm done except it would have been appropriate to let people who funded you know what was happening. As hex said, there is surely a way to get your rF2 running again.

6. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

thanks for the reply.
    like i said,i learned a lot about all this process, not only related to track editing. I accept any suggestions.
    I am a offline 60's trakcs and cars player (GPL is my background), and even AC looks great and drives great, RF2 still provide a amazing feeling when racing offline, there is a huge adventage for RF2, thats why i dont quit.i still remembered one day racing with f3 when a AI car start to smoke ahead of me, loosing power, run for 2 laps and go pits with broken engine, or once when a car drove on a wood brake sign and almost get spin out!! thats why i desired to run RF2 again :)
    My dream of build classic tracks is alive (right now i had a advance version of Suchsleife, plus Spa and Monaco) i am not stick to any sim, i am not fan or any sim, i am just a true lover of that era, and my "tracks to do list" is endless :)
    about the problem, i would like to know the causes, i.e. "you have to updated your graphic card"

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Are you saying you updated your graphics card? If so, a totally clean install will help. If you were running rF2 before on your current card, then it should still run. Nothing has changed fundamentally about the graphics (unfortunately) since the beginning of rF2.

8. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

this is what i get all time, does not mater wich graphics seeting i used ¿?

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That does look odd. Is that regular or dev mode, or both? Have you updated to the latest build, and it still looks like that?

10. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

it is on regular mode, i think is a hardware problem. last time i tried devmode had same problem, except for a "empty" track.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Do you get the same with ISI tracks?

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

OK. Are you using latest build now?
    When is the last time you've done a completely clean install of rF2? Have you tried that after the issues started occurring?

13. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

i made a clean install for build 1036.
    problem start with previus build (9xx)and never solved. i had installed Spa,Monaco,Longford and Bathurst plus Eltu and Hockenheim, only track has not problem is Eltsu, rest of tracks 9 of 10 times get result as show above. all tracks load OK and i can drove on it, but at a empty track :( .
    sometimes tracks load OK but loading screen freeze and get a CTD.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Okay, and you're sure the 1036 install was "clean-clean", as in all left-over files deleted and nothing left in rF2 folder from previous installs?

Do you have trace enabled?
    If so, maybe you could upload the trace file next time you get one of those freeze/CTD's.
    Perhaps someone can pinpoint what the issue is by looking at that.

If you don't have it enabled, it's in the launcher, settings, in the line under "single player" you type in "trace=2" (no quotation marks).
    Next time you have a crash you should find the trace file in UserData\Log. :)

15. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

this is Monaco, with circuit detail Full, Text Datail High and Asin. 8x

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe dumb question, but you never know...did you removed the shader files after the update to B1080?

17. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

not, do i have to do it?? wich shaders!

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Maybe you should try to delete everything in the shader folder. I had a strange problem too. All tracks had a horrible cartoonish look. Like hdr is off and saturation is on max. Uninstaller rf2 and deleted the rf2 folder in programme files. The I reinstalled it. Looks spot on now.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Everything from

- rFactor2\UserData\Log\Shaders

and

- rFactor2\UserData\Log\CBash

//Edit: just a warning...after deleting the files, loading a new track may would take a couple of minutes.

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's good advice indeed, I hope it helps.

If not, maybe start a thread here, over at technical support.
    Upload a trace, some screenshots and the same description you wrote here.

That will probably catch the eye of a dev or two, who knows what to do about your issue. :)