[WIP] Forestheim Last Public Beta - Preorder ends 02/28

Discussion in 'Locations' started by sergioloro, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Tiago Lourenço

Tiago Lourenço Registered

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Very cute.

Mind sharing your little problem with us?

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I do share the sentiment the current non-HDR color palette and overall look isn't most pleasing, but not only is it clearly far from finished but it seems as if his PC is not of the better specs? So we don't get the greatest preview of his work either. Certainly the visuals can be revisited too if needed.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

wip, wip..........

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Etsu looks great, no reason to believe this won't.

6. Tiago Lourenço

It isn't much of a problem, more of a visual opinion.

However, I'll try to explain my point of view.

Regardless the quality of the track, I can't find any reason for the OP (sergioloro) ignore Nuno Lourenço's post completely as it is purely a constructive post that aims to help him get the better quality possible of his track.

That said, not despise sergio's effort on developing this track, it is amazing how some people can post this: "You are one of the greatest track artists in my view.". I just couldn't stand it and walk away.

Cheers. ;)

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Fair enough. Taste isn't up for debate. I just found it difficult to believe that someone would be offended by a couple of guys cheering on one of our few track artists, and a great one at that. Have you seem his other work? You do know I'm not basing my admiration on a few WIP pictures right? :)

Cheers

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

We need more mods and tracks made from the scratch also saying " it looks good ..." was aiming to encourage him to improve!

9. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

i did not ignore it, just read it and take note like i do with all threads post, the fact i did not respond does not mind anything at all. the answer for all "you have to improve this...." always is the same.. "yeah! i know it, all is WIP". when i was happy about track looking i am going not to say "WIP status" anymore :). at the end it is always about everyone point of view, i cant make all people happy about how my tracks looks, i just try to make my track nice as possible.

10. Tiago Lourenço

I wasn't offended at all, just needed to point out that that these answer help, but mostly worsen it.

In my opinion, what you're saying, is half correct.

Imagine the following:

"Hey folk, your track is looking good!"

"Hey folk, your track is looking good! I think you could change these objects to x and give the textures of the y object a dirty effect! Cheers"

While both are correct, only the second phrase is aiming to help him improve.

No hate from me! ;)

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah, 'offended' was too strong a word, not really what I meant. I know what you mean though. Everyone has a different view on how to cheer someone on. That's okay. Both option 1 and option 2 is okay in my book. As long as the modder knows people are backing him up, that's what is important imo. :)

12. Tiago Lourenço

Yes, it's also important. Let's just drink a cup of water and move on. ;)

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Agreed. Cheers. :)

14. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

If you don't have nothing constructive to say, just shut up.

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

gg, dMicro :)

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Most of new stuff we get for rF2 is from modders who spend time and effort. We are used to WIP's. we know what they look like, hell, we even know how they smell.
    The fact is, that the way a person responds to a WIP can be nice or "pure crap". A face palm is "pure crap". that's the way I took it, and I'm not even a modder.

If you were surprised by the "fanboys" who appreciate those who invest time... you shouldn't have been.
    Me? I'm a fanboy for any one who wants to tackle modding. If you think something deserves a facepalm, then you should at least have the common courtesy to explain why...not just spend time in rounding up a pic to try to put people in their place.

There are already a couple of tracks that started as WIP's that will back up sergioloro's credibility.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What a insult

http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?limit=30&a...nk=&intr=&sbtd=&menu=Show_Letters&send=Search

What have you ever done.

=================

It is bad enough people that buy rF2 bag it in this forum.

But for people who don't buy addon to do the same ..................I just walk away ( roll eyes )

18. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

People must understand that we are in 2015 and that rfactor 2 have great competition from other Sims... That said we cannot do some mod without taking care of all aspects... Having thousands of tracks or cars released don't make me a good modder if all of them look outdated more than 10years...

That said I did what I must do. Tell Sergio my honest opinion and I did that precisely because I saw the other tracks and all of them look outdated... Even more if we think that its to sell and not too share my that's not a problem for me. It's is good I have no problem to pay.

The way I see it Sergio don't take to much attention to what I said so... My work is done and my conscience is clean...

Cheers

19. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

this go a little off-topic.

i am happy the way i do my tracks, i always try to do my best, and for me a good track is about how it feels when driving, thats all. i can not make tracks others way because is about "my style", my tracks will look like GPL with much more details and trying to get the best result and free of bugs.
    if we considerer this more like a art , not all people will like stuff we do.

I am really happy and grateful because 26 guys believe in my work and thats most important to me, provide them a few hours of happiness.

at the end if people like my tracks, they are going to give me a bunch of dollars for the 400/500 hours i spent doing a track.

cheers

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

In my view track making should definitely be considered art. Each artist has his own unique expression. Not everyone will be satisfied with it, but who cares about that.

It's all about doing it your way, the way that you're most satisfied with. Personally I adore your visual style. Eltsu is a criminally underrated track, a brutal little gladiator ring filled to the brim with incredible detail. To me it's mind boggling that more people aren't racing that track online. It is one of rF2's absolute finest.