With RESPECT to ISI's and recommendations ............what are yours.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Nov 24, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Maybe we can expand on this .......

MINIMUMS and RECOMMENDED MINIMUMS and RECOMMENDED MAXIMUMS for RECOMMENDED MEDIUM and MAXIMUM Systems.

>>> :confused:

lool

I think you get my drift.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I mean I know some people here fail it just on

Spinelli where are ya !

lool

3. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Ok... no idea what you're on about. :confused:

All I want is a color saturation slider thinger, and proper triple screen adjustments... I need it!!!
    How do you even setup triples for rF2 without having to move your furniture about!?

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

This is interesting to me.Up until 2 weeks ago I had an old q6600 quad core cpu 2.4 ghz running on a decent ( for its day ) mobo and 6 gig of 1333 ddr2 ram. More than recommended specs needed and the thing was, any more than 10-12 ai cars or about 15 real life drivers if online and the system would begin to fail, weird stutters from cars and general things that would ruin my enjoyment like having to put settings ultra low. The cpu was basically crapping out.

I had to do something but I don't have any money so it was on a very tight budget.
    So I went for the AMD A10 7700K CPU and MSI A88XM-E35 Mobo. I added only 1 stick of 4gig 1866 ram so its in single channel until I get the other stick at Christmas. If I ever upgrade the graphics card, its Pcie 3.0. But the 550ti I have does ok.
    So now I have a system that can run 30 Ai, I can start mid pack or at the back and stay at a capped 60fps but what is better is in the league I am in on Sundays I was able to run with a 30 grid of Civics on med-high settings and it was so smooth, I even believe my ping has dropped 20%.
    I feel the minimum specs needs editing by ISI.

5. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Well I'm running a server board S2696 2x dual core zeons,rather quite old.
    So not sure if my CPU's are a limiting factor?
    16GB DDR2 ram
    ATI Radeon R9 290

It's nice to be able to run with shadows but rF2 isn't that good with shadows at the moment,or I haven't got things setup properly yet?
    Also not sure if B880 isn't a bit bugged as I keep crashing badly with it but wasn't with B860?

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah I can see that.........

Wouldn't you like for once to see a game release with more then minimum and recommended hardware. ?

What settings, quality, resolution are they even talking about ? I have no idea ?

What do "you" think you need to run rF2 "acceptable" , "nice" and '"awesome" at a given resolution.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

8. stonec

stonec Registered

ISI's "Runs Best With" recommendations are a joke. Mainly the recommendation of "512MB Video Memory", it should read 2 GB to get stutter-free experience on newer ISI tracks. Also a dual core CPU from 2007/2008 as is recommended will not let you drive with many AI...

9. Comante

Comante Registered

Exactly, it reassure me this info. I have a CoreDue Duo 2.93 Ghz CPU and an ATI R9 270X , and I was a bit disappointed when switching from a Radeon HD 5750 didn't improve the performances as expected. I did know that RF2 work better with Nvidia, but my performance problem is surely CPU related. Will a quadcore (LGA775 socket) do the trick or I will need a completely new System? (GPU apart, that is quite recent)?

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

The socket 775 core 2 quad 6600 in its day was a very good cpu, but i'm afraid to say in my system it dropped out of real time and really crapped out when ever I tried to race with more than 10-12 Ai or online with more than around 15 peeps.
    A guy I race with has the next one up, the 6800 ( I think ) and he does ok but I believe he has a 660 GPU 2 gig

11. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

I had a q6600 and a 550TI too paired with a crappy 775 mobo and 8 gig ddr3... night and day compared with my current system, at least in rF2.

12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Yeah Daytona. Its night and day here too. Loving my new Amd CPU. I think when I go for a GPU upgrade and add another 4 gig of ram I will have a sweet spot more than enough for my budget and requirements.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

I recommend nVidia 680, 770, etc. to get 60+ fps at single monitor 1080 HD resolution with the eye candy turned on and 30+ AI. Sounds like an equivalent AMD card now has similar performance.

Before the AMD video drivers were updated, I used a dual-core 3 GHz Intel CPU with an AMD 5780 (5770? can't remember). That worked like above, but adding any AI cars caused performance to suffer. Haven't checked since the AMD drivers were updated if the performance is any better.

14. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Runs best with:
    The highest end components out at any given time.

Joking aside, the issue with RF2 is that it's such a fast moving target that the true minimum system requirements are constantly changing. How annoying would it be though, if there were minimum system requirements which you met, and 3 months later you can no longer play it because the game has become more resource intensive? Regardless, I agree that the current requirements are completely outdated, but I question whether ISI should even list minimum requirements, but instead just have a "recommended build" which they keep updated.

15. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I'd say based on the minimums as shown in your list, all look okay EXCEPT the amount of memory and the graphics card.
    At the very least it should be more like 8GB ram. I'd also say a 2GB graphics card.

I still run with a 670 and almost everything turned up to max, on a fairly modest CPU. In cockpit, I get a fairly consistent 95-105 fps which is more than enough...but more importantly smooth running.

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Kinda hard to stipulate when there is differences between what content you are using at any given time.
    Would it be different and maybe even useful? Might be... but I don't see there being a need for such precision recommendations.

Working as intented.

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This rig gave massive 25-30 fps with triple screens, rFactor2 demo, February 2014, you may think it is a joke but it isn't.

:D

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What are you on about again ?

My ref to Spin was a joke ............ ONLY ABOUT WINDOWS 8.1 nothing more.

Durrrr ........ rF2 does not recommend W8.1 .............see it was a joke..... ??? Get it ???

Again you have this wrong and odd impression I think top end systems and monitors are a waste of money

That BS mate you dream up .........get over it. lol :)

Most seem to miss the point ( a few got it ) .................... but you just trolled. lool ;)

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Seriously ??? ............. all it needs is a ancient Processor ? . :rolleyes:

Kidding ?

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

imho the majority that care are preoccupied with performance yet ISI give you absolutely nothing to go on

3 years on then why are we still talking about best graphics levels for bang, thread after thread after thread............

Don't make sense to me if we all so happy with recommended specs............

lol ?

I just never see a sim like it in that respect.

Go to AC, iR, pCARS .... anywhere ! you won't find even 1/4 of the graphics threads. lol

okay thanks guys only if I want FarCry 4 on just recommended specs then I need a
    ...............not for RF2 ...............okay lol