Released Corvette C6 road cars now available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Enough.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for steady load of new interesting cars. Z06 was a blast around Neva Ring. Nice looking cockpit. Not the biggest fan of sounds just like with NSX but otherwise solid work. These cars look really nice.

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Am I correct that the dark screen problem only affects certain tracks or is it random? For example, I haven't experienced the problem at Interlagos or Mid-OH but I do experience it at Neva Ring and Zandvoort almost immediately. I'd like to host these care but people won't tolerate the flashing.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I am little curious that if you give "a lil' something to the devs" you get benefit to offend and insult other forum users, I think it is not only Kelju_K who needs timeout, but of cause action from forum admins gives me the answer to this mystery and I am excited to see what happens. :)

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You might wanna quit while you're ahead, Ari. :)

Well now...
    You have anything interesting to share with us, about that C6?
    You know, just to not derail this thread any further. ;)

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I tried it earlier today, and these are BY FAR my favorite street cars in rF2 at the moment. I don't know if these are more or less realistic then the NSX, or the Panoz, but with most corvettes I get the feeling that I can drive pretty much on the limit (well, with my driving that is not the maximum) and still have pretty good control over it. I personally don't have that feeling with the other road cars at the moment.

Having said that, I still don't really *want* road cars, my preference are still the Racing Cars/Karts (Karts are still my favorite vehicle in game, just the karting track not so much :p )

7. yifter

yifter Registered

+1

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I would also like to know a little more about the black screen problem. I've experienced it but it seemed quite random. I remember gp79 mod had this problem too but if I remember right they managed to solve it(?).

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Feels like too little rear grip relative to front grip to me. But then all the cars in rF2 have that characteristic from my perception.

10. Some1

Some1 Registered

As I already said, it is related to my light flare shaders (probably) :)

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

The GP79 still has the black screen problem. And afaik they do not use light flare shaders (that's only for head lights, right?). So if the problem is solved with this car it could also be solved with the GP79 mod..and that would be AWESOME as it's the only thing holding me back from driving it.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I know every mod is different, but I once found black flashing screens in a 3rd party mod were due to the backfire texture properties. Confirmed by reducing the backfire anim speed and the flashes lasted longer (full black screen except the very brightest objects, including the backfire). Changing only the tex properties to known good ones fixed it.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find the culprit.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

How on earth is that ANYTHING to do with you? It isn't.

Those with poor language got language warnings. Those with very poor language AND attitude got a short ban. Those who don't move on, as of this post, and heed the previous "enough" will also get a short ban. Move on. For the hell of it, try discussing the C6 if you want to.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Interesting... I experience understeer and oversteer in most of the same places in rF2 as in the video.
    The car and track makers must've done something right, I reckon... :)

Another great lap, from Jan Magnussen:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  15. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Could have something to do with how your wheel is setup for this MOD. Even if the steering box is correct in the MOD and your wheel settings do not match then you will have that experience.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

1. I agree with Paul, what he's explaining is a fundamental flaw of the entire ISI physics engine going back to even before rFactor 1. Something is wrong with the centre of rotation point or something. More of the vehicles's momentum has to continue forward while the rear swings around, rather than how it is now where too much of the vehicle's momentum turns-in and changes direction as if the front-end has massive grip as if you are literally turning the car left or right.

It's been improved in rF2 but still is there; it's a fundamental flaw and i honestly don't think tyre engine changes alone will solve it, but rather something else buried in the core PMotor ("PMotor is what ISI refers to as their physics engine). I could be wrong though, but it feels like it's more than just tyre modelling but also something regarding how the momentum of the direction of travel of the car gets affected, and also something regarding how the mass of the car rotates/pivots.

The way it should be - in my opinion - is that the car's front-end, and the entire car in general, has to dart/turn-in left/right much less, and instead have the entire vehicle's general direction of travel change less (continue-on forward more) while the rear-end swings-out/rotates from the given amount of oversteer/rear-end slip.

You can even see it in replays with any car, any mod, from the worst to the best cars/mods, from F1 Ch 99-02, to rF1, to rF2. Other sims have this issue as well though (I'm not going to name them and start a war, it's irrelevant) so I'm not picking on ISI, but it does make oversteer moments darty in a weird way and overly tricky (especially in extremely stiff and "hardcore" cars) and just wrong and unnatural. The moment this get's fixed...well you just watch how many more people will fall in love with rF2.

2. I also agree with Paul about cars at times needed much too little lock to get around corners, it's like it's way too easy to get the rear-end to want to rotate sometimes. Agaij, I've felt this since even before rF1, but again, it's been improved and further improved in rF2. The way around this is to just pump a bunch of "lazy", slow, un-responsive, "slidey" front-end understeer into the car - like what was done with the NSX - but that is not fixing the issue but rather just hiding it by introducing an unnaturally bad front-end - plus, even then, there are still moments when you can experience it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
  17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't agree, it's an issue of tyre behaviour once you start getting into the front tyre slip angle. It too quickly goes into a very low abrasion/friction feeling super slidely mode, rather than that digging-in and abrasive scrub mixed with slip/slide understeer mode BEFORE finally getting into that real slidey mode if you go too far over the limit. That middle phase (slight understeer as you lean on the tyre yet the tyre still feels like it's digging in and gripping decently) is not enough, it just too quickly goes from good grip to very low-friction/abrasion feeling, like the NSX. Or, if it has a real good front grip, then point #2 (my previous post - post #100) happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I would only add that irrespective of the Vette's, this three part transition is apparently the hardest nut to crack for sim makers since it is so rarely done well. AC initially gives the illusion that it is doing it well, but then after a while you realize it is just really well balanced graphics and FFB combination temporarily tricking your brain. Then you realize the fundamental flaws in the physics underneath and the bloom is gone.

Spinelli: what rF2 car does this best in your view?

If this was done well, it would then be possible to determine to what extent some fundamental weight transfer and/or pivot point physics could be affecting things, versus tire contact patch issues (that we know are being worked on and coming soon). I have been saying since Day 1 (of rF2) that the cars all have too little rear grip. Spinelli's description is a much more elaborate and elegant explanation, but it does align with my experience. I'll just say, "yah, that's I meant to say ;)"

19. Louis

Louis Registered

Almost forgot how a good ffb should be

20. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for bumping a three year old post.

Guimengo, McFlex and Louis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.