B880 crashing and locking up pc

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MystaMagoo, Nov 19, 2014.

1. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

never had 860 do this but 880 is doing it persistently.
    restarting the pc is only way to 'fix' it.

I'm doing some testing to see if it only crashes online,driver problem etc etc..........

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  2. Grubby

Grubby Registered

I'm having the same issue, during online play frame rate drops from approx 120 down to 8 then PC freezes and locks up. Only way to get out of it is to restart the PC.
    Never had this issue on previous builds.
    Gtx 770 4gb card and latest drivers.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

My lockups in 880 happen when alt-tabbing from desktop back to full-screen during multiplayer.

4. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Not sure if mine wasn't related to the fact I was using ATI beta drivers?????
    Need to play more to find out........

I get that every so often but it doesn't lock the pc,I can ctrl+alt+del and kill the process

5. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Most of the time I try to load a track in now, it goes through the loading screen and then shows the sky instead of the cars cockpit. Press "drive", then everything locks up.

Have reinstalled rFactor2, Nvidias last 2 lots of official drivers 66 & 75, Fanatec CSW Drivers, tried all the config options in the game,(disabling this, enabling that), have reset the Nvidia Control panel to default.

Spent a whole day or so fannying around trying to sort this out and its totally hit or miss wehther or not game starts or not and cant run Monza at all. Everything was fine a few days back anarl!

Ah well, back to Assetto it is for the time being unless somebody else has had and sorted this problem.

6. PMC

PMC Registered

I had a problem similar to this . Click race and the camera was pointing to the sky , the engine was blown and the game locked . I could Alt/Tab/Delete .

It seemed the problem was an incorrectly installed Mod and Mod update , I think I was installing it A about face . It was the FVR Supercar Mod .

Hope that helps .

7. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Dont have FVR Mod installed. It's very strange. I've just been faffing about with the cameras to see if that changes things but that doesn't work either.
    Same old problem

Update.... just deleted all mods except for ISI ones and loaded Monza in and guess what it works. Seems like you are bang on about a mod causing this.
    Trouble is I've got at least 100 million mods to sift through to find the problematic mod (well, maybe not quite that many). :cool:

Thanks for your help, bud.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  8. boxer

boxer Registered

I am having same issue ... started after i installed the new vette
    mod... crashes after loading track and switching track...

9. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Crashed with Official Drivers now.

-
    Possible explanation... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979391