Bmw e90 wtcc '06-'08

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

And we very much appreciate your efforts!

2. albim75

albim75 Registered

I stopped here, but then still people asking and arguing.
    "just to be clear. I supposed that was a ripped off version.
    If not feel free to continue developing the mod. The fact is, since I'm one of the testers for T3 studios, we are experiencing many ripped off cars and tracks, especially illegal mods for AC. So I check sometimes other forums and see what is happening."

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'd love to see that car in the sim and it all appears legit, so thanks!

4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you Marc for your words and for your "private" help: it was and is really appreciated by me.

Led566, I spoke to Dennis last year in December for other reasons trying to involve him and his whole modding group into a project... He was adamant in rejecting any activity involving ISI platform.
    I respected and respect his decision and sincerely at the moment I do not like to disturb him for the DRM mod. In addition I'm not so expert to manage a significant mod like the DRM.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Over at AC forum there were two nice Lancias in development, both rallying. One was being built from nothing and the other a Forza port. A Kunos staff person messaged the conversion dude and a few people jumped on the pitchfork bandwagon. Well, one of the villagers still had a burning torch and decided to stand outside the house of the other Lancia modeler. A couple more villagers joined but although common sense prevailed and the torches were put out, the modeler got quite disheartened by it and decided to give it a (n undetermined) break.

We get tons of conversions, yes. It is a b*tch when people like to claim ownership, yes, especially of scratch made prior mods as it's claiming ownership of work done for no monetary gain. But before burning the guy's house down give him a chance to offer due credit and go great lengths into trying to get things official. A lot of content creators from the early 2000s, for F1 2002, NR 2003, GP4, and even rF1 have moved on and share that 1.5 feeling about rf2, or have actually moved on from modding or free content development. In some cases they'd be willing to get their work in a new platform but are against it because it'd require putting in effort to getting it adequate to current standards (especially when the person is a perfectionist and proud of his work).

If the guy converting this is trying to bring it to reasonable standards and show the original folks their work updated, maybe he'll get their official blessing to do a proper release in these forums. Nothing's out and available to the public yet, don't go jumping on the bandwagon on a guy who is clearly showing different demeanor to other converters.

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I still hope that DMatzies, Nil and the rest of the group will change their mind... I once shared their hesitative approach and underwhelming impressions of rF2... But a lot of water has run through the river since then and it has improved.

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

The you should know that Simbin is now known as Sector 3 Studios, not 'Turn 3'.

/pedant.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What's Turn 3?!

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

His pretty insignificant error regarding the company's name has already been pointed out mate. No need for that.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

He has said that he is a Sector3 tester, so how the hell can he make such " insignificant error"?!

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

And it isn't an error since he did it twice ״Turn3 studios already claim that any type of conversion are no more possible.״

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Your tone and attitude is delightful as always... try to calm down a bit.

13. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It's not really insignificant if he claims to be a tester.

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:rolleyes:

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Guys, give it a rest with the debate. Either report something for source so it can be validated with the author as this has been, or don't bother wasting your time discussing sources you are probably not right about anyway..

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Well. Please, now on I'd like to talk only about the technical aspects of the mod. I have some news and in a while I'll be ready for releasing the first beta for the mates will like to test it.
    This time, I'm trying to update the original mod to rF2 adding some more coefficient of the new rF2 technology: easy steps because of my skills are limited.

After the mandatory steps to have the mod running on rF2, I also:
    - added the new "talent" structure, adding a single file .rcd into the main folder where other files like hdv, gen, etc... are stored
    - added the chance to move up/down and forward/back the seat in a wider range
    - added the structure of teams/classes, so the mod now looks under BMW E90, then the several teams and last the wtcc years
    - added the warning Headlight light into the dashboard
    - 3 compounds, one WET and the other 2 are slicks following this thought:
    QUALI tires, a very very performing compounds that is efficient for a couple of laps only
    RACE tires, the standard compound for a race of about 30 minutes

Several of these features are easy to manage, others not so easy for me. At the moment I'm working on the first tuning of the "race" compound, later and also depending of suggestions and reports I'll try to tune a "quali" compound.

I have also 2 other "black" areas:
    - new gear ratios integrated into the HDV file (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22626-new-gear-ratio-into-hdv-file)
    - success ballast (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22520-Success-Ballast-and-the-new-chassis-How-to)

I'm integrating the gear ratios into the file but I have to better understand a couple of coefficients and the different approach ISI made in its new cars. About the ballast: it works but I have a lot of doubts about the right behaviour as I explained in the specific thread. Any further help is appreciated.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks for the work man, ignore these police officer wanna be's. Some people here are almost worse than the governemnt. You obviously know how this stuff works, you have made an effort/are making an effort, and it's nobody else's business. Worse comes to worse you will be told to remove the mod by the originals (if it even is considered "illegal"). If that turns out to be the case then it's just between you and them and doesn't concern anyone else. The rest of the people here need to get a life; it's of absolutely none of their concern and they should mind their own business.

I appreciate the fact that you have put in time and effort in bringing this car to the rFactor 2 world. The fact that you offered to share it with us all, and allow so many of us to also experience and enjoy it, is also greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly for all your effort and time, we look forward to future work from you.

Question: How did you find working with rFactor 2's tyre model and tyre creator tool? Can you give us some insights and opinions, please?

If that's true then he's a clown.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  18. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

It seems there is no way to stop talking about the origin of the mod, ufff. Maybe at this point it is better to hide once again all the thread, trying to start with a new one ???

I kindly asked to avoid continuing with speculations, continuing to debate about something 5,6 years old. I understand everybody is free to explain his reasons, to comment, etc... but then PLEASE open another thread if you want to discuss about a mod made by Thome for GTR2 and/or about a mod made by Raceskinning.de under Thome's permission to use the 3D model.

snip

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Just ignor them!
    Can I ask you if the graphic(textures, shaders...) will have some upgrade?

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

My thought was and is to have an update of the mod to rF2 only. In the rF1 version I never liked (and I wrote to the authors several years ago just for these points):
    - TVCockpit cam, point of view (I already harmonized all 4 main cams to have a better experience)
    - basic setup (the car was really undriveable... In those years I organized championships and event with this great mod and several people experienced new better basic setup. I stored them and now the mod will start with a default setup much more efficient)

Of course I updated the shaders to the new ones for the body, the windows, the lights, etc..., I modified only few little parts of the 3d but only to avoid bad look (but these are so little changes that nothing changes in the overall look of the car!). These changes are usually requested for updating a car from rF1 to rF2. There are still few details that are not perfect, but I'm not able to fix them at the moment.

As I said, my intention is to recreate the feeling this mod brought to us in the past, with the benefits of the new rF2 technology. Like we did for the 500_695 Abarth, please, feel free to PM me if you are willing in testing it. Thank you