rFactor 2 is 20% off this weekend

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 7, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

My jaw is on the floor, literally. :eek:

What is wrong with you..? Seriously?
    Is this some kind of joke I'm failing to see the fun in?

Could we get this thread back on track, and stop with the ridiculous name calling and sociopathic behavior, please?
    It's weekend, for Pete's sake. Enjoy it, go race the sim or something. :rolleyes:

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The good news is Tim seems to be too busy to moderate this forum. The bad news is, the rF2 haters and trolls have nothing else better to do than post in this forum.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your paypal email makes no difference. What email did you use on the account. If I setup an account in my name, log into my dads paypal to pay, the account is in my name, not his.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Acted and banned on the first post report I got about it (late last night). No idea why people don't report things sooner and get into a conversation when clearly there are people you just shouldn't bother trying that with. It's easier on everyone to just report it and let the same person (me) look at things from an outside perspective.

That's part of the reason why I really want to bring in other moderators, but am afraid to due to consistency. I feel others might act differently to me. But if you don't report it? Chances are right now I didn't read it... Report, please, don't bother getting into it.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks for your honest reply, Tim.
    Nice to know your thoughts about one moderator/multiple moderators.

I get understand your doubts about bringing in others, but I think it'd be worth a shot at least.
    If it doesn't work, to hell with it, and just go back to being the single mod. :)

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Draw up some kind of "moderator code of conduct" or something?

Worth a shot, if you feel it would help to have a few other mods :)

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

SOLVED!!

Now go back and read some of the comments I got and I was right from beginning.

I would not mind a apology myself !@!

I kidding I kidding ! loool

Still ...........I not just going to sit there and listen to some snot nosed hacker how to run 2 rFs at the same time with one licence.

p

;)

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

We don't need more police. We need fewer irrelevant and personalized discussions. Keep the topics to rF2 and be respectful that others have different values and different equipment and different expectations and all will be fine.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have to agree. Things got personal and then nasty on here but the personal part was introduced by John himself. Better to keep things general and non-personal, then it's hard to offend or take offence.

And I know John quite well in a league context so that's not... er... personal :p

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Very sensible. That would be a good way to go about it.
    As rF2 gets more and more polished, and when we reach that point Tim was talking about, where he feels confident enough to start really pushing rF2 sales, there will be a surge of new users.
    That in turn will call for more moderation.

It's easy enough to shrug it off and say we don't need policing in here.
    We just need people to behave. It's a nice notion, buuuut...

Lol! This is the Internet, y'all! ;)
    When was the last time you saw people actually behave themselves on the web??

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

+1

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Could do that. Or, we could all just avoid irrelevant and personalized comments and topics. Which is easier and more reasonable for Tim and everyone else?

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

We don't need people telling us how to post either thanks....... that is what admin is for.

You don't like what I say don't read it.

Oh that's right you won't.

Well that is not true either is it because 1/2 the people tell everyone they do not read their posts anymore still look at them, don't they !

I know they do because out of the blue they will make a comment and stuff themselves completely.

hahaha

Flakes :rolleyes:

Now I get accused of upsetting someone......

Booo Hooo

lmao

14. redapg

redapg Registered

I would say that it is totally utopical to think you can have a forum without "personalized" postings from the users.
    AND, isn't it that one point a forum is made for? ;)

In my eyes the only problem is, that some people just don't have the abilities to discuss with others in a respectful way, what e.g. includes to accept other opinions.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Which is why there always will be a need for moderators. Simple.

Believing in the best in all people is just a bit too naive. Just hoping that people will behave isn't enough. Because they won't behave. Be sure of that. :D