rFactor 2 is 20% off this weekend

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

I just picked up lifetime for my daughter, she is 4, start em young. :D Thanks ISI.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If that's true it belongs in the bug report section. But it also sounds like you rushed your purchase; the software itself but also the web page (and this forum) have always been pretty clear on what you can and can't do, including lifetime.

I was genuinely shocked when I read Marc Collins expressing surprise that the 'upgrade' to lifetime was more than the difference between the prices. Why? Because I've seen his name here a long time and we covered that ground also a long time ago. Sometimes it seems like people are surprised by things that they ultimately have the responsibility to learn more about if it's something that does or could interest them. And that's not a shot at Marc or yourself, just an observation.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

To be honest, I hadn't paid any attention to it since the time I bought rF2 at which point it was just the difference between the two. Already explained why I deliberately did not take lifetime initially and why I am still one step away from doing it now.

I operate on principle, though. The extra $10 for a lifetime licence is meaningless to me. I would pay double for rF2 if I thought it would make a difference. I buy titles I do not install just because I am using ripped tracks from them in rF1 or now rF2. I have three unopened boxes of GPL on my shelf because it needed support back in the day. ISI marches to its own tune, though, so once the orchestra has finished practicing, I will get my lifetime upgrade.

4. Ashes

Ashes Registered

@community - wow, ISI comes out with a 20% discount, and there is almost more bickering than thanks to ISI.

@Tim- PLEASE seriously consider extending this offer to lifetime upgrades - would 100% "push" me to upgrade early & I would love, as an existing supporter of rf2, to be extended the same opportunity as someone who has, as of yet, not shown any support (mr. potential customer)

5. Ashes

Ashes Registered

HAHA - Bollocks - realize I missed this one by virtue of the fact that the weekend has passed anyways :(

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Come on guys, I have spent over 1000 usd to iRacing, rFactor2 $43.99 usd, now $27.99 and still lot of moaning, $84.99 for lifetime, seriously some of you guys must bee joking. I would gladly pay four times the price.

7. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

times 2 to that.
    To play sims on Xbox such as Codies F1 is £40.00 for game and £40.00 per year for online. Everyone gets the new one each year so its £80.00 per year.
    RFactor 2 is £50.00 for life!!!!!!!!
    For goodness sake some people just need some perspective here.
    Can we just say thanks great deal or just don't buy.
    I am so glad I'm not a game developer.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

+1

Doesnt' take much to spend over a 1000usd over there and I can't even do a test lap now that my subscription is no longer active. I don't understand the gripe over cost around here.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Coupons were not offered, no.

10. 88mphTim

11. 88mphTim

That's pretty much why I don't understand the debate. It is pretty simple. You can buy as many copies as you want, each require an email. You can buy one copy and use it on all your machines, but that will use activations and you'll have to ask us for more once you get to 5 (which is why I usually advise people to backup their activation data when simply formatting).

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thank you Tim and John.....

Now if you look above to the beginning you will see where I WAS | TOLD I cant ........
    lmao !! what !!! every time you move from a modders laptop to your race setup ?

I asked a totally intelligent and purposeful question and get pillared for it by people CANT OPEN THEIR EYES AND READ WHAT IS ACTUALLY SAID ........

lmao typical

So to sum up I CAN DO WHAT I FIRST SUGGESTED.

I could email Tim and get a 2nd full licence and keep my basic licence for modding on a 2nd PC ?

( well I am not a modder) ..................................... I just brought it up HYPOTHETICALLY for OTHER people to think about ...........not for me. ? lol

I never said I AM doing it I just said it would be good value .........no one even understood that much. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

THIS!

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Or you could just use the same license on your laptop and spare a lot of trouble and money. If it's for same person use, I can't really see issue with doing so.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well a modder may want to leave a computation or motec running on the laptop and go do his league race at the same time.

Work it out yourself okay cost wise, hypothetically say you own already basic okay.

1. You could upgrade to life.

2. You could buy a new life and leave the existing basic as is.

3. You could upgrade your basic to life and buy a second life.

You could Swap back n forth between 2 or 3 PCs so the people that neglect to backup credentials will eventually and endlessly annoy the heck out of Tim.
    ( considering how many people here still rely on system restore. :rolleyes:....omg lol ..... and still fail. lol )

For a little extra #2 gives you a offline and online solution without using validations.

To me does not seem a deal much more.

EDIT: spam ........

I can even think of other situations....

How cool would it be if you have a nice triple setup and can afford it to have a 2nd rF2 on a laptop or 2nd hidden tower with its own screens for online sessions as a spectator ....or injured driver. lol

Ability to swap cams, replays , recording ...list is endless........... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I feel the same same. I'm pretty amazed that so many people can actually find something wrong with the costs here.

Lol what iRacing needs is a lifetime purchase option. But then again, we'd probably have to be millionaires lol! :D

I find it almost impossible to justify renewing my newly expired subscribtion... and I really wish I hadn't spent as much on tracks and cars over there too. Such a mediocre sim (physics and ffb wise) can't be worth that much, honestly. :rolleyes:

17. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Nothing was rushed. It just wasn't available. Like, no option to select lifetime - just yearly.

18. redapg

redapg Registered

Just to understand you right, in the Launchers Purchase-Tab-->rFactor 2 Store/Purchase was no button with the Lifetime option available?
    Or was it greyed out or something else?

19. stonec

stonec Registered

You can do all of this as well with just one license. Oh well, I rest my case.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

From what I've read you can semi-periodically find deals for existing members to renew for $49 a year and especially around black Friday, you can get that as well as 25% off iRacing credits. Their pricing model and their behavior when they were F1rst keep me away. I understand you can regain the "investment" if you put your time into series and even make money (in cases to the tune of dozens of thousands) off it.

It is a gross mistake to generalize everyone under iRacing's subscription pricing model and make all other variants derivative or relative off it, but then again that nears fanboy argument so all sensibility has been long thrown off the ship.