V8 Supercar setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dutto98, Nov 6, 2014.

1. dutto98

dutto98 Registered

Hey guys ,

So i am getting used to Rfactor, and being able to download all of the tracks ect and have control of weather and much more is amazing.

I am trying to get the car to my liking but to no avail! I am using the http://www.fvrmodding.com/index.php/downloads-2/rfactor-2-cars mod...

It seems that the car slides alot when going into corners and then spins myself around, also it seems the car also dosent like to turn. This may be something i am doing i am not sure as i havent played a game like this before...

Anyway, was wondering if someone was able to help me setup the car to go around street circuits in the V8 series

jason

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Race Department Web has a good tutorial you can download about setups. May be it could give you some clues. Cheers.

3. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

To be honest, you would be much better on the FVR forums with this one. Pretty unique car needing a unique setup and driving style to get anything from it.

Or our current V8 Series Champion is offering driving/setup lessons too www.tcsr.club

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
  4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

5. coops

coops Banned

sent you pm

6. randy103

randy103 Registered

Consider getting skip barbers book going faster. It will be a good start to your understanding of how to setup a car.

7. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

The video for this is on YouTube too. Yes it's old but it's superb.

8. Surrexen

Surrexen Registered

I found FVR's (build v0481) default setup pretty good actually, wind the camber down a bit to get the tyre temperature spread to be more evened out. Main thing to remember with those cars is they are really really heavy so managing the weight transfer under turning/braking is critical.