[REL] Gingerman Raceway by James Mabe On Sale Now!

Discussion in 'Locations' started by cyruscloud, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for responding. The z-fighting issue is a real pain the *$% and it affects many tracks and cars, including those from ISI. It's usually signs and banners, though, so I bet if you ask Tuttle to take a very quick look at your pit building, he might be able to quickly spot what is causing the problem. It is most likely an rF2 thing, not that you modelled it completely wrong.

And look after your mental health. That is more important than any of this. We can all wait a while to have small glitches fixed.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah man, you need to look after yourself first and foremost. That's the only important thing. We're all rooting for you here, you've made a hell of a track that's for sure. All in due time. Take care. :)

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thanks for the update :) They arent major bugs, but nice to know they will be addressed at some point

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Is there a demo version of this track? Even if it's something without any AIW or features, just realroad and all the track eye candy (sharp track and immediate surroundings, no marshalls) it'd be nice to present the quality in a drivable state so people have a taste, but something that isn't even capable of offline hotlapping.

This is the first paid add-on track for rF2 and it is a practice that isn't much appreciated. It is also an obscure track that fits very specific types of cars with its very specific track characteristic and surroundings. You can't really expect it to sell like hotcakes. Had it been something like Suzuka, Mosport, Rouen (ROUEN), or Le Mans, it could be out with all of the bugs you fixed from v.9 to 1.0 and the black flag, no marshalls, etc, that it would likely garner lots more visibility. This is your first solo album building your grass roots, and it has received positive reviews and it's slowly gathering an audience. If you build from it maybe playing live in arenas is in your future.

ps: Mountain Peak has a lot of flickering with the terrain and shadows, you're not the only developer with these flickering issues.

5. call-911

call-911 Registered

It kind of amazes me that people scoff at $4.50 for a track that has favorable reviews by many people on this board or nitpick fine details. It's not like we were charged some exorbitant amount of money. if that were the case, then I could see demanding perfection. Do I think that it should be a functional and high quality track for being "payware"? Yes. But I also think that James needs to be compensated for his time. I'd hate to think how many hours are put into a single track, but I'm willing to bet he would make more money working at the local McDonalds if you break it down to $/hour. I think a lot of people are spoiled with free mods and tracks and feel they are entitled to more than they should because a lot of very generous modders release works of art for free. We're lucky a lot of these makers share with us what they create if we pay for it or not. Just think about how many gems are out there that were never released (Mario's Laguna, ahem...) for whatever reason.

6. matf1

matf1 Registered

I paid 4.50 for a coffee today. Wish it had a preview cos it was horrible and only lasted 10 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I paid 4.50 for Shishkebab and it tasted so delicious. Would pay again.

8. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Very great track,thank you!!

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I paid 4.50 for a bus ticket, but the bus was ten minutes late. Would pay again. ;)

10. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I only do standing starts so it didn't have anything to do with the formation lap. All I can figure out is I barely touched the grass at the end of the turn.

11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I will be buying this track in the next couple months, completing my sim and PC upgrade.

Don't lose confidence, the track looks great from what I've seen. Sales will continue but the important thing is to probably have more than one item on the shelf. Trying to make a living from a passion and hobby is a dream worth following. Happy to support that.

Keep the updates and news of new tracks coming. Thanks.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You won't regret buying this track. It's really top notch, especially for cars with less power. Such an intense lap, nice flow and very challenging. Oh, and I don't think it's available in other sims either. :)

13. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Only other version I know of in a sim is one for gpl which is ancient so yea its pretty special just for that reason. Progress on the update continues, remember to check for update and news at my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JMVirtualTracks you can keep track of all the progress on things there.

14. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Yes having one item on the shelf is kind of a problem, but its part of the whole time required to make a track problem, I needed to get one track out to test the waters see what kind of response I get and to start pulling a little income from it to make it a worthwhile adventure. Thus my plans from this point are shifting some, I may not necessarily work on one track to finish and move on, I am starting to work around a bit, not over do it but try to progress on different parts at different times on more than one track for several reasons. One to keep from getting burnt out, two to make sure I don't freeze up, sometimes in a project there will be a tough spot or something is really hard to see that leaves you spending a day practically studying and not getting much done thus the reason to maybe work on something I can progress on while I am studying something for another. Last reason is the one you mentioned, once the next track launches I would like to not have such a long period between releases so I'd like to try to work it out so next release I am already pretty far along on a couple other track so things flow out better. Could cause a longer delay now but possibly a better pace later.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Just tried this track for the first time since the new lighting in Build 946. Wow, it looks great. Shows you the high quality of the texture work.

Now if only we could get those pit area flickering buildings dealt with, this would just about be perfection.

16. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Apologies for not updating here, I've primarily been keeping my updates to my facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/JMVirtualTracks. I can say that I have the flickering fixed, I've also got some bleachers, outhouses, benches, fuel station and crowd people worked out. I'm currently in the progress of getting some generic vehicles in place to fill in the paddock area during racing sessions. Finally I am looking into tall grass and plants to add more detail to the terrain and embankments, still not set on how I plan to go with that yet but that is the last part of the update other than bug fixes.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thank you for updating your adoring fans. :)

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That will be fantastic for immersion, best of luck on your work.

19. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Really looking forward to this. I adore this circuit.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for the good news and confirmation! I presume we'll get an e-mail when it's ready?

Also, happy to pre-pay now for your next project since I am confident it will be of equal or even higher quality :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015