No auto update to 880!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RNeves, Oct 31, 2014.

1. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I currently have build 860 installed on my system, and as i go to the Update tab in the launcher in order to update to build 880, I can't click on either "verify" or "Update" buttons...

Isn't this supposed to be working??

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

3. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, we were promised exactly the same thing last time, but at least we can see that it is actually working this time. The Verify button works in 880 and it does verify. I will trust that the Update works as well.

Too bad it took months to sort out something that should have taken a day to resolve once the decision was made to allow all to update, but better late than never.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It took seconds to resolve, but if those seconds don't happen before the build, it takes months for those seconds to come around again.

6. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I think everyone that posts on forums should be forced to open their own professional lives as well as the organizations they work for up to the same scrutiny and comments that are displayed here. My sense is there are more perfect employees/companies than I have ever before imagined, at least in their eyes.....

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

It is a 2 sides thing.

First side is build 860, second side is build 880.

In order to allow the auto update for users without the online license, both the sides have to be "ready" to work, but build 860 was not ready because a bug.

Now i read that 880 is ready, so the first side of the autoupdate of the next public build is ok ... lets hope that the next public build (the second side) will be no broken again. :)

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

deleted wrong thread sry ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
  9. bwana

bwana Registered

Id like to know the percentage of people who couldn't get auto update in the last 4 or 5 builds? worked perfectly for me every time.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It's always the same few guys who post like that though. You'd think they would go and move on to something else but as they say "misery loves company".

11. stonec

stonec Registered

It's only those people who don't have active subscription that have this problem in first place.

12. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I thought 'AutoUpdate' was part of the subscription?

For me autoupdate works but 860 & 880 when you click verify there is a problem with the clio.
    860 was 3 files,880 just 1 file.
    Install lite 880 over the top,verify,no problems.

13. stonec

stonec Registered

It was part of subscription only until this summer. Lot of people started suddenly complaining so it was added to non-subscribers as well. Easy way is to log in and update, never any problems then.

14. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Ahhh yes I remember someone complaining about it being a 'paid' feature.

From the current FAQ......

Why is my update tab greyed out?

Either you are not logged in on the purchase and simulate tabs, or your online access has expired.
    You have a choice of what to do. You can either not renew your online access, and update manually (usually done by downloading the Lite installer, using it to get the latest update files). Or, you can renew your subscription on the Purchase tab, adding another year of online access.
    If you want to remove the need to pay each year, consider upgrading to Lifetime, which you can find instructions for here.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  15. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Thanks for the quick answer Tim!!! Now the Verify and Update buttons are working!

And for those that think that we are "always complaining"... We complain in order to make this game a better one, not to be "always complaining"... If I see something that is not correct in my point of view, i will say it until someone proves me wrong....

I'm not here to lick the Devs' a$$ and say something like "oh, you mathe this, that's great" if i think it is not great. Because sometimes, devs don't follow the best path...

The purpose of this thread was to warn about something that was promised and was not working. Now it is fixed in this new build

That said, i use to say that, If you speak not to be silent, you better be shut up....

Once again, Thanks alot Tim!!!

16. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Very true mate but people cannot complain about a 'paid' feature if they have not paid for it.
    The update feature would have been a big part of choosing keep on paying the monthly or the lifetime.
    Now it's free and those that pay monthly or paid for a lifetime have a right to 'complain'.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

We already went through all of these discussions with the prior three builds (go check the forum if you don't believe me). Your perspective lost the argument. ISI wisely decided (months ago) to do what every other competitor does and make updating to the latest version of the product as easy as possible for all purchasers. We just had two successive failed implementations of the decision. Now it has been implemented and is ready for the next update. We can stop rehashing the arguments about it, I think.

My comment above, that Tim replied to, wasn't to suggest perfection was required, but that an update system that can't be reset at any time is a sub-optimal design. We need a system that can accommodate hotfixes, not still to be fudging along trying to deal with the fundamentals. Precisely because new build updates are usually so long in between.

18. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

neither here nor there for me about auto updates but it makes sense not limiting to 'paid' feature.
    didn't follow the argument as I can see both sides.

At least they could amend their FAQ and buying information at the very least?
    people could still be swayed by the auto update being a 'paid' feature.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Following traditional marketing practices has never been a priority for ISI.

20. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I totally agree with you, other games are adopting this strategy, and after a major update, they release small hotfixes that can fix possible bugs on those major updates...

That might save some testing time...