rFactor 2 Build 880 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 31, 2014.

1. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Not in my experience, vSync can be toggled on or off irrespective of windowed or full screen or whether running Aero or not.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And it actually worked? When I read the same and tested I found vsync was definitely on, even if my settings said it wasn't. But could have changed or depend on something, I wouldn't know.

3. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Yes, has done for years.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok. Cool. :confused:

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

+1, the spotter sounds like someone in an arcade game made for an 8 year old with ADD. Seriously, who in their right mind at ISI would think "hmmm, yes guys, that definitely sounds like how a race engineer - or any half-mature, normal, adult human-being - would sound like, yup, let's release that to the public". I mean it's not just bad, it's literally comical. It's seriously almost as if ISI were trying to be funny with us and give us some funny spotter sounds....Maybe they are actually?...Maybe these are just amusing placeholder spotter sounds until proper ones come out (I'm guessing for the over-racing updates)? I mean seriously, the spotter sounds like you just beat Ayrton Senna for the F1 world championship, while downing 6 cups of coffee, and being exciting like a little school-boy, every time he has to read any sort of laptime to you. LOL! I'm not even exaggerating, it's pure comedy.

I mean seriously, how difficult is it to record some words and sentances into a mic while sounding like a normal guy talking to his racecar driver? Lol everytime that guy comes on i start laughing and shaking my head, hahhahaha the first time I heard him i seriously had to stop the car since I burst out laughing.

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I have 2 Class A problems (crash) with this build: One is not in ISI hand but SimXperience one. Now than the plugin are enabled as soon as we are on tarmac, I have a regular crash (let's say 1 each 5 launch) due to SimCommander 4 Beta. It was hard narrow as previously, it was happening as soon as the top left icon of plugin was disappear. Now than plugin are enabled as soon as you click the "Race" button I wasn't sure from where it was coming. Having several days of play without SC4 Beta let me understand it's a SimXperience issue.

Second one is due to ISI AFAIK: Without SC4 Beta launched, I have regular crash (let's say 1 each ten times) when I click the "Exit Race" button bottom left of the monitor. A "Rf2 stopped working" window appear below the game and I can see this error window when bringing the Task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL). This is kind of new as I don't think I ever saw this error window on previous build or have similar crash (only play offline).

Saying that, all seems OK and I'm happy with this build :)

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

I would feel offended now. You do not want to know how I would sound if I would record my voice. :p Ok it is a bit noisy but this was of course mentioned and everything else is pretty much all the same to me, and I do not need MJ (RIP) on the mic as a spotter. :) I even don't need the spotter necessarily but it is a nice gimmick, gives the sim a soul, and it feels more alive.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

We had a passworded race event last night with tons of connection and ctd problems we didnt have before this build.
    Problems stopped each time server was restarted.
    We had two races so we restarted server twice. problem was coming back when track reloaded.
    I dont know if this was reported.

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

+1
    I dont like the spotter either.
    Non-sympatic voice, bad sound and the functionality is max basic.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

We had third-party spotter voices in rF1. Is that not possible to do any longer? It's just a simple audio recording.

11. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Build 880 has now crashed in various ways for me whereas 860 never did.
    FULL lock ups,restart of pc needed.

I'm trying to remember if they were all while online?

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

There is a spotter plugin already by Gerald Jacobson. See the plugin section of the forum.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Problem solved, then?

ISI doesn't do these sorts of things very well. Hard-core physics, yes. Aesthetics, no. Just look at the lack of priority for graphics issues, UI, spotter recording, etc. But this is surely the easiest for the community to resolve without them.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The spotter thing is a tiny issue, you can disable it, you can download spotter mods, hell I'm sure you can even record yourself saying all the numbers from 1 to 60 and then save each file with the exact same file name (and in the same folder) as the current spotter sounds' 1-60 (and any other sounds like "that last lap was a", "that was a", "clear", "left side", "right side"", etc.) And voila, you got brand new spotter sounds. Or no??...

15. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks for the update! Only had time to test it lately. Some very nice improvements for example plugins instantly detected and rain visuals/audials. I don't mind if spotter guy is perhaps little bit overly excited of the ongoing race - main thing is now I can hear the man! :)

Looks like ISI has started to polish things up. Too bad there may still be some showstoppers for too many people as a league we're participating sticks to b798 even if it means violet grass for our next race at Interlagos. It will be more like Intergalactigos! :p Hopefully next build will fix some important remaining issues.

16. Emery

Emery Registered

"Planet Claire", B52s.

17. JWE

JWE Registered

Our league switched back to 660 due to a lot of drivers with problems losing their connection to the server at random times when the server got a bit busier (15-20+ drivers).

18. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

When you start your server from the Launcher or directly from the dedicated.exe.
    You are setting the up/download rate at ( 9999 ) for both?

That number basically gives the server everything available with the connection.

Just a FYI.

Some of our clients with the dedicated servers, were setting them 50-100 lower, and were seeing issues also, ( 9999 ) seem to resolve that.

Hope this might help..

Also, How many cores does your server have and how many dedicated are you trying to run at one time?

You might want to set the infinity, per dedicated server..I set each dedicated to 1 core each..That is on a server with multiple cores..

Dave

NRT

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014