Baffled by press

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Promag, Oct 27, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Which leads me to wonder just how much data the same teams could have got off Jack and BT20 ?

Not a huge deal is my guess.

Which has some basis in sim engine development I reckon.

=================

Take my first dream one car one track sim....

mmmmmm

Would have to be either Rouen or The Nords with a 1967 F1. ( omg ) loool

I mean I am not even that belligerent I think I could get Isle Of Man TT and say a Subie SRX .looooool !@!

I would just die "that" sim was ever released hard core................seriously. lool

Can you imagine the online rooms, the learning curves, the 1,000 of miles.

Brilliant I pay $300 for that...and and you could have all your modern data you want even replicate the actual computers in the cars. Even a lappy on the seat next to you crushing numbers ......... hehehe

and what a learning tutorial the uboob would be ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  2. tjc

tjc Registered

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You know how nuts I am about Subie and umm IOM. loool

RIP Colin

4. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

I will buy Durge Factor on two conditions 1) graphics must be absolute minimum required for reference points (rF1 was already way too advanced) and 2) FOV requirement must be fair for single screen users.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

DurgeFactor = Historic F3 Eve, and sometimes allowed Spark, at Historic Monaco, Spa and Monza, lol. :)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's like some people here drink acid and eat poo. Seriously.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Surely they could... it's all about the price. ISI is not going after laser-scanned track data (which is readily available for Nords etc) because of price, so unlikely they would go this direction for consumer product. If they would move more to rF2 Pro direction, rF2 pricing model would have to be completely re-thought.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

hehehe lol

Sorry I can't please anyone and when everyone in a room can make it to the finish of either I will have a party and host KYALAMI !!!

hahaha lol

On ya mate ! ;)

For those sad baffled by rF2 types out there, this ones for you. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Same, same...

10. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Holy crap, Durge, that video is the funniest thing I've ever seen in context of rF2 "It's not about the cha-ching or bling". Priceless.

11. Connor Caple

Connor Caple Registered

I was a flight simmer before I was a race simmer and, initially, I liked the great graphics more than the realism. Like all simmers though I eventually started turning up the realism settings and learned more about the aircraft and bought add-ons to increase the realism.

I still fly FSX because the 'newer' sims out there don't give me everything which that setup does.

With sim racing, I started out in Forza 3 with an MS FF Wheel and very forgiving gameplay, but great customisation options. (Seriously, why can't a modern PC sim make it that easy to PAINT YOUR CAR? :rolleyes:)

I then decided to try a PC sim (Race 07) about 5 or 6 years ago, which led to me buying a G25 and setting up a racing rig and I never looked back. My MS FF Wheel has sat in a corner ever since that day. I raced GT5/GT6 on PS3 but even there the handling doesn't feel 'right' on the cars, no matter how good a sim the creator tries to claim it is, but it does have quite pretty graphics.

Currently I race:

Race07 (still, because it has the MINI!),
    Assetto Corsa (very pretty but needs optimisation, decent handling, FFB not too fiddly but lets go suddenly in corners, no MINI),
    R3E (great physics, nice handling, nice looks, FFB easy to tune in once you ignore other users and go for what feel you like, no MINI, no dedicated servers) and
    rF2 (Nice physics, nice handling, looks good with some fiddling, FFB challenging to set up for the response I want, no MINI)

I'm happy that I have all 3 'new gen' sims and I'll keep racing all of them as long as they have something I want. Did you notice the complete lack of MINIs there? Did you? ;)

Looks aren't everything, but without good graphics it is much harder to spot your braking point. I had a config issue in Race 07 last night for a 40 minute Mini race. Had to wipe and restart config but forgot to change the graphical settings to Max. This resulted in some trackside objects/trees/etc. not being drawn and two of my braking points vanished! It made those corners 'interesting' to say the least.

On some real life race tracks, my braking point in the past was something as simple as a crack in the concrete on the outer kerb, or a blob of paint on the track. Without that level of detail it becomes less 'sim' and more 'guess', in my honest opinion. Graphics matter, not just because they look pretty.

12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

If you like minis try GSC

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

^
    Seconded. Never imagined those things could have been so much fun.

14. vali

vali Registered

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

few lines makes sense lol

p

BAFFLED BY RFACTOR 2 ......................341 in forum and 100 in rooms

2/3's rather play Price Tag.

lol

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Bit off topic but so did you also if you only had .............

:D

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Where is clockit? Is he in forum? Very fun race at Zandvoort on Saturday IIRC. Do they meet every Saturday? Does he have a website? Every now and then I accidentally see his server and always join but always by chance. If not just random should post in league / private racing forum. Maybe that is why people wasting time in here while we are zipping around Zandvoort because they don't know?

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Gimme a discounted lifetime sub + actual content I want to drive online and I'm there.

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I find that too many people are simply way too picky about content, imho. I of course have preferences too, but I can find joy in racing any kind of car any time, as long as it's properly made.

Before I started sim racing I would hardly touch anything in the racing games if it wasn't F1. I still see quite a lot of that, people just waiting waiting waiting for that one car. Waste of time imo.

If there's one thing sim racing, and in particular rF2 has tought me, it is that there great joy to be found in ANY car. Get out there and race! Teach yourself to find enjoyment in cars that doesn't mean a whole lot to you here and now. Just my opinion.