Baffled by press

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Promag, Oct 27, 2014.

1. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Time to put a lock on this thread ?

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Pretty much. The rF2 haters are only regurgitating the same insults for a few pages now.

3. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

I wonder: Is this caused by MY last post? If so: How did you perceive it?

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I don't think so. I agree with your post. I just think he was speaking generally.

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Nope, thread has just gone way off track in general - ending up in the usual clutter of "my sim is better than your sim - cause I think so..."

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

No my friend don't take my word for it.

Look at facts even if you dislike them.

Simply because more copies of AC are sold, more downloads for items availables are for AC than for RF2. Because modders are working mainly for AC now.

Would you have thought a few months ago that the EGT mod would be released for AC, or that the Seat Leon Cup Racer 2014 wip from Tommy78 would be released for AC?

The Ferrucio EGT for RF2 was released in may, there was an error making the rear wing not paintable. Today it is still uncorrected in RF2, but look at Ferrucios skins for AC, they have the wings painted.

I went to Race Department and to my surprise I found more skinning activity for EGT cars than in our forum. By the fact I downloaded there some very nice skins that I am using on my RF2 EGT mod.

Where are Mak corp mods (The Mazda of the announced group C mod, the Williams F1 remain in their alpha-beta phase for months now).

If you think that on such a niche market three competing products will survive, I don't (in this case I agree, it is my opinion, not a fact).

I am distressed because as you know I think RF2 is a very good product, but as many I can't help myself thinking that ISI sometimes shoot themselves in their foots.

RF2 with very simple steps could cater to both users of sims, casual and hardcore simracers.

A lot of software products have two UI for instance (one for beginners, an other one for experts), and underneath the product is the same.

The same car could be delivered with different setups or even different physics catering for different type of users (they began this for the DW12).

I really enjoy classics in RF2. Compare for instance the Howston and the Lola T280, the later is an immediate joy to drive (excellent default setup), the Howston is an excellent car but requires a lot more setup work.

As you say just because I say so.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I 100 % agree with you. I have seen initial reactions of friends to RF1 and RF2 (every friend I introduced to RF1 liked it, it is not the case for RF2).

I must say that last build is at a different level, but too many people tried demos before and spread the voice.

Cheers.

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes Jamie, I agree with you, the forum itself should be closed to avoid any post.

Discussing a product is a disgusting democratic habit that should be banned even in it's more polite and reasoned form.
    You begin giving clients a place to congratulate yourself, and they end reporting bugs or having ideas.

Another possibility, is when you think a thread is not any longer interesting you, you can just ignore it, without any need to call the police of the forum.

Cheers.

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Lol, this...

"The Ferrucio EGT for RF2 was released in may, there was an error making the rear wing not paintable. Today it is still uncorrected in RF2, but look at Ferrucios skins for AC, they have the wings painted."

It's a simple typo in the material were WCWINGS should be named WCWING, hardly anything to do with RF2 - and not really a showstopper that URD chose to wait till they had next update ready for ALL the GTEs ;)

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It depends how much fps you like to have, 60 is input lag 120 is almost no input lag, nVidia 3D is working 100% fine it is simply awesome how good 3D is in this game:).
    2D with Lightboost on or of there is a problem, HDR, shadows, road-and environment reflections, multiview gives you huge fps drops and game is stuttering not in all tracks but many.
    Automated HDR looks not right, mirrors and shadows are too dark and there is also many other issues with it.

I own also two other PC`s with SLI, 580 GTX and 680 GTX , rFactor2 is unplayable with them.
    Multi GPU loads(SLI) seems to bee fine in rFactor2 I get 90-98% loads with all my PC`s :)

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I never said it was a show stopper.

So please explain me what should I do to be able to paint the wings of my Ferrucios, it has surely be explained elsewhere but I didn't get it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

12. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Is that a fact? Where do ISI release the metrics on numbers of copies sold? I've never seen those numbers :(

Well, in a word, yes. Modders mod. Modders want people to enjoy their mod....so...why wouldn't they make it as accessible as possible to as many users as possible by releasing it on multiple platforms?

I genuinely do not understand your point. Does this mean rfactor2 is in crisis?

Or, is it more "NO THESE ARE OUR TOYS, NOBODY ELSE IS ALLOWED!!"?

13. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

RF2 is a sim. ISI builds it frm inside out. Physics, tires, ffb and track comes first. Everything else is second.

Most of the things u mentioned is secondary.

You want rF2 to be like AC? Dont have to. Just launch AC. Simple

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

"doesnt bother me one bit. want good UI, go AC.
    Same with modders."

Caught your kind message, the first time you wrote it, no need to repeat it again, go away and run AC.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I thought AI has never been able to race at Monaco without crashing (it was told in a post by Tim when he released his skinpack for BT20).

The AI with build 880 is much more agressive and I had to reduce it's agression level (I think it is best suited for tintops than OW) when I tried it at Sao Paulo. It takes blocking path even if you are running side by side with the car you want to overtake. With a GT it is manageable, with a FISI better desist if you don't want to crash.

Do you agree with me?

Cheers.

16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Ive caught your kind message too....most of us here i think. no nid to repeat it again.

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I don't know if it has been, but you can't without altering .GMTs and repacking the car, so it wouldn't work for you online. Our league is using modified EGTs (with permission)

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The point someone made about rF2 being built 'inside out' is very valid. This is also what I feel. This is what will make this sim last in ages. The primary thing is to make the physics, ffb and core racing elements the best available. All the gloss comes second. Simple as that.

What disappointed me so horribly about AC is that Kunos seemed to focus mainly on making everything look good. Too much content was released too quickly. By this I mean: I don't care if I have a billion official cars at my disposal, if the physics and ffb feel mediocre on all of them. I don't care if I have a trillion official laser scanned tracks if racing them feels bland and the AI can't even make it to turn one without causing an accident. Granted, improvements have been made of course, but not enough to make the racing particularly good.

If the racing isn't very good, then who cares one bit about graphics and UI? Apparently a lot of people do care. But as I said before, a sim that mainly focuses on the glossy stuff will soon lose the spotlight when a similar product is released. When the very core is shallow it just won't last forever.

Btw I'd love to see the official released sales numbers on both sims. I certainly assume that someone can point me to them? Otherwise the people who are claiming that one sim sells more copies than another sim would certainly get a red face. So link please?

Oh, and how many modding groups have officially abandoned rF2 for good, to go to AC instead? I'd really like an overview of that too. Thanks in advance. :)

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Most software houses don't release their sales, but you can have ideas of what is happening by indirect facts (downloads of tracks, skins, activity on forums).

I have absolutely no problem in sharing my toys with AC users, or with anyone else (I use myself very nice AC skins for my EGT cars).

Even less when you consider that I have been enjoying RF1 where most of the content was ripped of commercial products based on ISI Gmotor.

It is possible that cars designed for AC will be ported to RF2 later (legally or not I don't know, with what quality?).

I simply hope it is not their unique stream of income, may be it is just a marginal income for them, and their work for RF2 will be used on other professional products, or they have a very rich sponsor fanatic of simracing.

I could do it for you but I won't, suppose five developers, a very low average salary of 20.000 $ if they develop in the USA or UK, 20 % of additional costs (taxes, hardware, rent, etc.), suppose that sales are 50 % lifetime, take a spreadsheet and do your maths. Hoy many copies must you sell monthly to stay afloat?

Did modders have to release their mods on several platforms for RF1 to make them accessible to as many users as possible?

November 2014, not a single OW mod of the 2014 season available with a quality similar of what RFT did, when did it happen in the history of RF1 (you had a season three weeks after the beginning of the real one, and had to choose between three mods a few months later).

What happened to SIMBIN?

Yes I am affraid that my prefered sim is ailing.

Cheers.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Maybe you're using some weird AA settings, or non-default compatibility bits for certain graphics settings, or something, because I don't have unusually dark shadows, and i definetely don't have dark mirrors...