NVIDIA 344.48 WHQL GPU Drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

No, no sorry if i am confusing. setting it to 2.00 causes the 5 fps hit. I didn't try other values yet. I know there was supersampling but once i tried to use that due to a thread here in the forum, but i ended up with a messed up computer and that all because of the fact that i might be a bit clumsy with those kind of stuff :p
    This DSR setting is very simple to try even for guys like me.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Forget rF2 hit.

Try GTR /GTL / rF / GSC / FT etc.

Works well, still get a solid 60 fps DRS@4K with 100 cars in GTR. :p

3. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Everything we need to know about DSR:

http://techreport.com/review/27102/maxwell-dynamic-super-resolution-explored

I short: DSR 3840(4x native resolution?) is what we looking for. With it we get minimum jaggies(with 2560 monitors and down) and still perserve image quality(details) of no AA image. With DSR 2560 we reduce jaggies significally, but we lost too much details, because image become too much blurry. Of course this also depend on scene or game itself how much we will noticed more blured image. Why DSR is not needed for native 4k monitors? Simply 4k has enough pixel density and with ordinary AA well known processes already give enough smoothnes and minimum jaggies. Author of review i put above even say, image of native 4k monitor(he probably mean jaggies too) is even better than with DSR 3840 AA on lower resolution monitors, like 2560 and below. And second, if we look how this AA work, the graphic card then will need process 8k picture realtime and downsampling it to 4k and that i think is to much demanding for today GPU's.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Like I said, why bother with games and sims struggle with framerate as it is. :confused:

You dont need a GTX9xx
    '
    USE it for sims and games you get massive fps in now and they will never have looked better.

Try more vintage stuff, GSC and Formula Truck should look a treat, COD 4 stuff like that.

People always flapping their jaws aboput the "100's of fps" they get in rFactor p .....well now is your chance to enjoy it. ;)

Set DRS 4.0 in NVCP and use your Inspector profiles as per normal ( make sure you rerun all 3dconfig ini again ) aka GTR/GTL/Race/rF/GSC/FT

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  5. hector0501

hector0501 Registered

Hi
    Am I missing something here? I installed the new drivers but when I go into nvcp the only option for DSR is off!!
    I have a 660GTX graphics card.
    Any help would be appreciated

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Did you hover mouse next to it, brings up a arrow and dropdown list.

7. drdrum

drdrum Registered

I have the new drivers too and I dont have that DSR option in my NVCP, Its the same in the Global screen too.

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

fyi, dsr is only available in the global tab.

Whats your card drdrum?

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, DurgeDriven's basic advice above matches mine. This setting has now allowed me to run with no AA whatsoever on a number of titles and they look stunning.

Unfortunately, since the beginning of rF1, neither rf1 nor rF2 look truly good unless SGSS is used. Even 8x supersampling still results in shimmering and ugly looking effects all over the place. DSR does not change that at all. Apply SGSS and suddenly the digitized pixelated world that you are used to suffering through quietens down into a solid, pleasant result--that if matched with realistic graphics like feels3 tracks, proper HDR settings and rF2's nice lighting system--can blow you away in terms of immersion.

The problem is that DSR is a general setting that even affects desktop. You cannot turn it on and off by individual title as far as I know. So you will likely want it on for many other titles, even if it has no effect on rF2.

However, if you haven't been using SGSS or regular super-sampling, this MIGHT provide a similar quality improvement at approximately the same FPS hit, but either the performance or quality may be slightly more to your liking, so I would try it out if it's an option.

But, if you have never been able to use super-sampling due to performance issues, you can hit ignore. This isn't "free" higher quality graphics.

And lastly, because I know how confusing all this stuff gets, SGSS (available only through special programs you have to install like NVIDIA Inspector) is also a performance hit over regular super-sampling. It looks a hell of a lot better, but it sadly isn't free, either.

10. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

Thanks anyway. Waste of Time as usual.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

With my GTX670 and rF2 I made several tests with DRS to see how it can improve things for my configuration. I have a specific rF2 configuration to test framerate and image quality in the sim (mainly it's F3 Eve cockpit view at LRP Practice private 8:30am sunny, right when bear man stop making winds with his arms).

Without any AA and any DRS I have 140fps (I play usually with AA Level 4 and Adaptive Vsync so capped to 60fps)
    With DRSx2 I fall down to 80 fps.
    I tried from 1.20 to 1.70 but it ended to 96fps maximum with 1.20 and no DRS smoothing, for an image quality possibly sightly better than my usual Level 4 AA.
    I can also see that it bring graphic bugs, for example when you mouse hoover the quit bottom left button, you can see a light switch of the background graphics around your mouse.

I stopped here my tests and give up ;)

Does you guys had a better experience of DRS, I mean: better image quality WITH at least the same amount of FPS than before, or a small loss? For me the gap between 96 fps and 140 fps is simply to huge to be acceptable.

12. drdrum

drdrum Registered

I have a Zotac GTX780Ti Amp edition.
    Its not in the global tab like I said.

13. stonec

stonec Registered

One general question, have you guys tried playing with the texture sharpening option in player file? When this mip lod bias setting was first discovered, many people said it was a miracle fix to all sort of aliasing, especially with road white lines. Now I rarely see anyone mentioning it anymore.

14. hector0501

hector0501 Registered

Hi Durge, thanks for the response, the DSR option is there but only with the option of óff'. Im beginning to wonder whether the new drivers are installed ok, I will uninstall everything nvidia and reinstall and report back

15. hector0501

hector0501 Registered

are you the same drdrum who used to race online with Syncro Racing?

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I always use this sharpening settings in the JSON file as it allowed me to remove all customization from NVidia Inspector and with it I only use ingame AA Level 4 for a better image quality than before. It still a miracle for my configuration and saved me tons of FPS for a far better image quality. You need also to set Aniso to 16x as it blurr too much things if not.

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have GTX 780 Ti too and no DRS :(

18. drdrum

drdrum Registered

yes thats right hector. how are you?

19. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

I have a GT 650M SLI setup and no DSR available in my Control Panel Global 3D settings either???

20. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

No, i don't think a GTX 780Ti has Drag Reduction System either, but should have Dynamic Super Resolution available with the latest drivers.

:p