[REL] 500_695 Abarth rFactor2 2.5

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

NEW - NEW - NEW
    Please read these few notes before asking for anything. Email me for any suggestion, help, improvement: slowmotion@symracing.net

1. The basic mod is a conversion made by Thuro76 from my "500_695 Abarth RFE" mod for rFactor1

2. The component allows the "500 Assetto Corse", the "695 Assetto Corse" and the "695 Evoluzione", that can be driven together or like a single class - You can enjoy smooth differences in driving the different classes

3. A special thank to:
    - SRZ - SimRacingZone for support in finding the right person that helped me in releasing the original version
    - Nicola Acciarri RFE for physics lessons and advice!
    - LcR - RuinedRoadSimracing for new realistic and beautiful liveries

======================
    NEW IN VERSION 2.5
    ======================

- added the "695 Assetto Corse" class
    - changed cams for car views
    - increased steering wheel degrees to max 36
    - new textures and shader for highlight (no longer the annoying light beam in the air)
    - new shader for windows that allows "world" reflections (like other mods)
    - some adjustments to the radiator front grill (better view for a quick identification of the classes also in mirrors)
    - new texture for mirrors
    - some adjustement to the shaders' coefficients
    - full support of GETMOD

LINK TO THE MOD: DISMISSED, DUE TO THE NEW VERSION 3.0 AVAILABLE.

Enjoy them!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
  2. matf1

matf1 Registered

Fantastic, downloading now thanks very much!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. Maug

Maug Registered

Thanks a lot.

4. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

5. addyduss

addyduss Registered

I have a feeling that FOV is too wide. Other than that - fun car, thanks!

6. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Many thanks for this, Slow Motion. I can only imagine how much work has gone into this and so great that you are doing it right :)

7. Hazi

Hazi Registered

THX - always evolving.

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Each users are the Master of the FOV setting or did I miss something? Does the Car Creator can impose a particular FOV setting?

9. addyduss

addyduss Registered

i'm not sure about that. Its just the only mod that gives me that feeling driving on tiny track with my huge arms and wheel) May be eyes are tricking me cause abarth is high..
    Here is screenshot - same track, same situation, Abarth vs Skip Barber.
    View attachment 14605
    Its easy to see white dressed dude is bigger when i'm in skip) And its not only because im watching from lower point i think.
    I know FOV is adjustable, its just that i never needed to and i dont know which value should i set.

10. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

@addyduss,

I see that you have transparent trees. You can solve this problem.

- Open the folder rFactor2...

- then they open the folder UserData...

- then open you the folder player...

- you will find there a JSON file named "player".

- then open you this file with Notepad...

- under "Graphic Options": { you find "Transparency AA": true,

replace you the word true, with the word false.

The trees will lush and green!

Have fun with of the new view. :cool:

Cheers!

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thansk for this new update! :)

I get a chance to test this new 2.5 release. First things I noticed below. Don't be offended, it's just because those obvious things are the first one you notice when you drive this great car:
    - FFB is stronger, really stronger than before (too much?). I have to lower the FFB multiplier to retrieve same amount than before.
    - Windshield is now visible, and I'm not fan of it: all is washout through it, huge difference between hood view and cockpit view, and there is a weird reflections of the road on it. I have the same problem with F3 Eve and its windshield, going from nearly opaque to transparent depending angle of sun, time of day, tracks etc. That's new as the previous version was perfect. I can do a short movie to show this problem, for example at Tiger Moth 8:30 am, reflection nearly stop your view through windshield, or at least making difficult to focus on road wuth this strange reflection moving vertically (the road texture), and it make me avoid the cockpit view for driving, driving to the last small problem this time:
    - Camera high in bump view is too low. usually you retrieve the same high than in cockpit.

After lowering the FFB and using the hood view I was able to appreciate changes you made and had great time driving it for sure.

BTW I have both reflection settings on Low to save FPS.

So thanks a lot for this update :)

Edit: I guess the windshield problem come from this:
    - new shader for windows that allows "world" reflections (like other mods)
    In any case I don't think we should see through the car the reflection of the road under us, due to the windshield angle. I guess that's an ISI problem, but in that case no reflections is better than those weird ones preventing you to see correctly through it...Just my opinion off course ;)

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No more mirror problems for me! Yay. :)

Thank you so much. :)

13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks for your report and some personal comments:
    - FFB is exactly the same of version 2.0, only the steering lock into the setting has now wider than before with a maximum of 36 degrees. I did it for those guys that like to use the 900 degrees... about the degrees of the steering wheel (the one mounted on the desktop I mean) I do not like to talk because it is a personal choice. I love to use no more than 310 degrees for models like the Abarth, lowering to 270 for higher performance models, but I understand the choice of those guys (the most I suppose) that love a 900+ steering wheel. For this reason I increased the max lock in setting UI. In conclusion, I have no idea of the why you feel it stronger than before.
    - about the cockpit view an the windshield "filter", I think that now it is more real than before. And I followed the settings of ISI about the shaders. Discussions about appreciating or not this "dirty" view is another matter, but I enhanced the mod to a view closer the the real one. Maybe it is possible to have a better result than the one I made, but I'm not able.
    - Camera high in bump view is too low: are you meaning the "nose" view? I didn't change it.

14. Corti

Corti Registered

All ok so far for me.
    Thanks for this great work.
    ~IsR~ Corti ;)

15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I understand what you are feeling not perfect. I'll try to set local cams in a different way. It is not difficult to have similar values for fov and "standard" similar clip planes etc... but we have to remind this car has a very short hood!

And the master point is: standardizing views, will people agree the changes vs. the current views?

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Can the other topics for the same thing be deleted or hidden?

18. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Best solution is to allow subject changes

19. Maug

Maug Registered

Looks good like that. If you could allow to go higher a fair bit aswell that'd be really appreciated.

20. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks for your answers. Possibly the FFB changed due to the steering lock change? I'm not an expert, all I know is FFB changed for sure as I have to lower it to 0.75 now.

For the camera high, yes, I guess it's the hood view which seems too low. I didn't say you changed it between 2.0 and 2.5, it's just a tiny remark as it's usually on same high than driver eyes, not a big deal ;)

For windshield, this is really too much currently. I compared with lot of other cars and this is the only one with such "washed" look. all contrast disappear, like seen through a milked glass, and even the dashboard, the displaying speed part is "washed'. The left window don't have this problem...

Have a look on those different cockpits at the Ring same weather and time of day, and no other cars have this problem:

A500
    View attachment 14622

A500 Cockpit/Hood view
    View attachment 14623

NSX
    View attachment 14624

Panoz
    View attachment 14625

Spec Miata
    View attachment 14626

Clio
    View attachment 14627

Not a big deal too as I can drive with hood view instead. Just a remark, no problem, your car still one of my favorite ;)