rF2 League Custom Skins & Replays

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Voltaic, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello

I am not sure if this issues has occurred before. On v860 I could see all custom skins during an online league race, the skins are pre-packaged and shared by all. However when viewing the race replay none of the custom skins were visible, including mine. The settings for the replay were on FULL, so are the graphic settings.

Any suggestions? Is this a new issue with this build?

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

wasn't his an issue with previous builds as well though?

3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Not in my experience, not on the local replay of AI or multiplayer races. Keep in mind we share the skins and are installed prior to the races. In fact I was able to see the custom skins (including mine) during the practice, qualifying and race. It's as if the rF2 replay system does not pick them up somehow.

Note: I just thought of something. On the previous build we associated the skin to the player ID, it is possible the ID has changed. I'll investigate.

Note 2: On second thought, if that were the case I should not have been able to see the skins correctly whilst in the multiplayer session. Doh!

Note 3: Within v860, I just reviewed a previously saved race replay done on build v798, all the skins appeared correctly. Somehow new replays made on v860 are not properly showing the associated skins.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  4. Gupster

Gupster Registered

This thread should be moved to the Bugs thread. :)

Sent from my electronic distraction device

5. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Indeed, provided it is confirmed as a bug, which I think it is given my experimentation and results. Can I move it myself?

6. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I don't know if you can move a thread, maybe an admin could help out? :)

7. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Admin?

I continue to race, all skins are fine during the session. When I go watch a replay they revert to the mod's skins. Anyone?