[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

In the spotter.ini I use these values for the URD EGT cars and it seems to work very well.

v:brakeTooHot=1300
    v:brakeTooCold=100

v:tireTooHot=320
    v:tireTooCold=100

2. Brian C Hayes

Brian C Hayes Registered

Hi Folks,
    Any chance anybody has a idiot proof installation guide for this plugin ?
    Will it show up on the plugin list once its installed ?
    Copy fmodex64.dll into <rF2Core>/Bin64 - my rF2Core folder has no Bin64 folder .. I made one, and put the files in there but it did work
    I am running in 64bit mode, so I have only followed that part of the installation, do the 32 bit files have to be installed for it to work .

Apologies for the dumb questions .. any help is greatly appreciated
    Cheers

3. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

rF2Core is not "...rFactor2\Core" but "...rFactor2".

So assuming rFactor2 is on drive "C:\Program Files\" you need to copy fmodex64.dll to C:\Program Files\rFactor2\Bin64\.

If you run rFactor2 in 64-bit mode, you don't necesseraly need to copy 32-bit files for the plugin to operate.

4. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Hey,

So I'm trying to tailor this specifically for stock car racing and had a couple questions.

1) Is there a trigger event for more then one car inside/outside of you ?

2) Is there a way to trigger the spotter telling you pit road speed when you enter ?

3) Is there an event for getting the spotter to tell you where the pace car is ?

4) I'm a little confused how I would randomize the first part of a response but keep the second part same.

For instance "Caution turn 3"

I'v got 15 different clips for Caution but only one for the turn 3 part. So I'm trying to add variety with the different caution clips.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

5. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Thank you Gerald, Jeff and others for this nice plugin. Radio communication is a must in a sim, and I am not sure I would've played rF2 without this. Sending a small contribution your way.

6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I'm really one of the big fans of this plugins. Makes racing much more intense somehow ;)

Just one question: Are records of the driver names for the 2013 F1 season available? Really would enjoy driving F1RFT'13 with the spotter using these names :cool:

7. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

Hi Gerald,

First off thanks for this great plugin, I think one of the best out there. (It should be implemented in RF2 standaard)

I am a endurance racer so when I take over the car from my team mate in a online endurance race the plugin stops working.

I ask this a long time ago but never saw if it has been fixed.
    So I try again :) :eek: is it possible to fix the plugin to make online driver swaps possible ?

Thanks in advance

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Sorry for bumping this but just wanted to ask two additional things in context of my previous question:
    1. Is anyone able to point me to the howto/tutorial on recording/building the sounds for the spotter myself? I know I've read the tutorial somewhere but am unable to find it again!?
    2. Is there a mode to "skip" the driver names for something like "car No. 2 is going to pit" or such?

Thank you very much in advance :D

9. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Anyone got this working on the Steam version ? I'm having trouble.
    Edit: Nevermind, user error.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  10. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

I did yes in 32bit just put files where they belong but do them from scratch

11. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Hi,

I am at the point where I want to generate my own sound set for this plugin - the reason being no driver names for my favorite series are available. Does anyone have suggestions which text to speech software to use, obviously, free is better but not required. Also, I would like software to be able to pronounce same text with different emotion, like encouraging, disappointment etc. Hopefully there's some form of project, where I can have like 500 text entries, and regenerate them to wav at once with different settings. Thanks for suggestions!

EDIT: Figured it out!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2016
  12. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Hey, I've the same problem, did you found some good approach to solve it? Could you share it?

13. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Ok, you can PM me I can share my work with you so far. I created a program that generates sounds using Ivona web API, I also extracted driver names from rF2 installation using script. I processed sounds in Reaper DAW added phone effect and white noise and trimmed sounds that go together. However, Ivona license prohibits sharing sounds so this is dead end/private use only.

My understanding is that free voices that come with Windows are free to use. My next step is to write .NET program to see if I can get good output that way, if it works out I'll share with community (I got permission from Jeff to use his phrases, thanks man!).

Another route to go is for someone to port Crew Chief shared memory plugin to from rF1 to rF2 (not me, I cannot spend much time debugging at home). The downside in my opinion is Chief's use of only last names, whereas spotter uses full name.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
  14. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Once I created a tutorial how to use a free-text to speech software to create driver name sounds which come really close to use with my Sound Pack v1.9. In this way you can create driver names for your leagues and for your mods. If interested let me know, so I will find in and upload here.

Jef

15. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Hi Jef, your audio files you are really nice, it will be nice if you want to share with us your job. Thank you!

16. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

17. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hi LeadWolf.

Let me know if I can help you improve/create new events/rules. Working together may be much easier. I can also contact Gerald Jacobson if we need extra help. When I was creating the new events he was of great help to me in working parallel with me. But lets tackle problems/issues one by one as I'm very busy with other work at the moment.

It's better to work, improve and test on event at a time, rather lots of problems at a time.

18. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Jeff, thanks for chiming in. Generally, you guys took spotter to a very good place. But yesterday I've been reviewing this thread (because I am breaking my neck trying to improve safetycar and yellow flag/minor damage), and I saw you went through same hurdles. Feel free to PM or email me, I am open to team work.

Too bad source code is not available. For example, would be nice to change spotter to not call MinorDamage after Major is suffered Also, an easy way to mark events only apply under Green., and changing code would've been easier than scripting without much ability to debug. But, it is what it is :)

Right now I am just adding variety to sounds, and would like feedback/thoughts etc.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Why not work with Crew Chieff app creator to give rF2 support to that tool? It is much better than this spotter (with all respect for the creator), would love to have it in rF2

20. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Crew Chief will be coming probably at some point. They already have plugin for rF API -> shared memory. IIRC that plugin is on Github. CC is great, but with all respect to creator, me personally not sure if I'll switch to CC, because I like full driver names and last time I checked CC only had last names. Now, to help this happen we need someone with interest for debugging outside of work, and that someone is not me, I use very few free moments I have to race, and sound creation/scripting is just a distraction.