[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Not to wait for version 1.8c or 1.9

Here you have the sounds "left side" and "right side" to replace "car left" and "car right". Kept the same file name (car_at_left) and (car_at_right)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6890s6064lo629f/RightLeftSide.rar?dl=0

Just replace the wav files.

Regarding the yellow flag these is no wav that says "There is a yellow flag in sector two". Wave file yellows_in_sector_two_pTc just says "Yellow flag in sector 2"; so this phrase exists already. maybe can change one of the long ones to just "Yellow Flag!"

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you.
    For the Yellow, it's ok, don't change anything, it was an example I got in mind to give some examples, not a verification with you files.

3. jefcam

jefcam Registered

VERSION 1.8c

FIX: Event=WonRace was not being played (because of long event property)
    FIX: Event=Finished was not being played.

Change Sounds: Left Side and Right Side instead of Car Left and Car Right
    Change Sounds: Edited all startcomments to be shorted.

DOWNLOAD v1.8c
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pw42xhodoaf11x6/Sound%20Pack%201.8c.rar?dl=0

Jeffrey

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2015
  4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you !!

5. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Spotter V2.0.2 Available
    - Fix another crash due to loop sounds
    - Fix Lap Remaining computation (now it is based on the leader)

IMPORTANT: If you use jefcam sound & event pack, here a quick fix of the its DefaultEvent.ini 1.8c (it change the event LapCount to be compliant with the new dlls)

6. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Thanks Gerald.

7. jefcam

jefcam Registered

VERSION 1.8d - Compatable with Gerald's version 2.0.2

FIX: Event=Laps Remaining (Thanks to fix by Gerald in v2.0.2)

NEW: Using the new loop feature I used to play a pit ambient sound (car fx and low sounding drilling effects) when car makes PIT IN. Then sound stops when car makes PIT OUT. most probably the sound will not loop (pitambient.wav) as it is 25 seconds long. Bit in case it finishes and still in pit it will start again.

See if you like it? If anyone has a better sound for pit ambient just let mew know. See if it makes sense?

DOWNLOAD v1.8d
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pe32kjythahwup/Sound%20Pack%201.8d.rar?dl=0

Jeffrey

8. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Just got around to trying 2.0.2 and 1.8d. Works for me :)

Thanks guys.

9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Online league race using 2.0.2 & 1.8d sounds and events first pit stop all good but after a second pit stop rattle guns and other ambient sound kept playing after i left the pit and all the way to the end of the race.

10. jefcam

jefcam Registered

I don't think it was not the main rattle guns (the loud once) that kept on looping as EVent=Pitstop does not have a loop. It plays once in pit square and that' it.

It could be the new ambient sound which have some rattle guns in the background but not so strong. The loop is inserted in event=PitIn and loop should end with event=Pitout. In case something happens and pitout event is not executed (it can happen), the ambient sound will keep on looping.

In my tests it never happened but will look at it in much closer.

UPDATED:

Something I talked about with Gerald is the Gap Events during Qualify were you are notified if your splits (s1, s2) are slower of faster. Currently they are compared to your SELF BEST and not to the BEST TIME. I think its good to have both and choose which one to enable/disable. Your thoughts about this are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  11. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I also notice that the ambient sounds include F1 style engine sound which is not so good when race is of other types of cars. I have confirmed that the repeat of pit sound happens after multiple pit stop and sound continues until the end of the race. I have used many different tracks and cars with the problem showing up. Need to turn off until fix found.

Timing of "penalty served" message seems too early to me. The sound comes as the car arrives at the pit box, I thought it might be better for sound to play when leaving pit.

The inclusion of these penalty messages is awesome and do work well even if timing is a little off.

12. jefcam

jefcam Registered

hi whitmore.. me and Gerald soon will release his version 2.0.3 and my v1.9

1. You said that the pit ambient sound is not good for other types of cars. What you can do is find a good long sample ambient sound and save it as pitambient.wav replacing the F1 one. Or else we try and find a sound with just drillings in background but no car sounds.

2.The ambient sound should stop when you leave pits, just after you are notified to turn off pitlimiter. That is were the ambient sound should stop. However it can happen that if pit out trigger is not evaluated for any reason the looping sound will continue to sound. Is that what you are telling us? I know about this problem and more than that I am aware that sometimes the loop is still causing a crash.

3. Penalty served is heard when the car stops in box (stop and go) or when the car leaves pits (drive through) as that is the point were input=numofpenalties turns 0 from 1. The event penalty served is not triggered when car stops in box/leaves box or leaves pit lane. Its triggered when Trigger=PenaltiesDecreased (1 to 0) or (2 to 1). I think there is nothing I can do. Have you understood the point?

let me know if you understood me.. whitmore

13. Gerald Jacobson

I will make many test today to see if I can reproduce the issue (loop not stop and crash). For those who still have crash with loop, how many RAM have you? May be it is a RAM issue, if yes I have an idea.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7105 en utilisant Tapatalk

14. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Yes I understand Jefcam.

I would go for ambient without car sounds that way all can use it.

Yes you are right seems like pit out trigger does not happen.
    No crashes for me 16gig Ram.

Understand about penalty message timing. Was just giving some feedback for fine tuning.

15. jefcam

jefcam Registered

I have 8GB and having crash (most probably with loop) - Gerald test with your 2.0.2 and my 1.8d. Loop is used in PITIN and PITOUT Events, as i use the loop for ambient sound in pitland and not for the drilling of guns during pitbox.

16. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  17. jefcam

jefcam Registered

1.9 Soon

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  18. Gerald Jacobson

Spotter v2.0.4 Avaiblable
    - Fix crash root cause
    - Add "PoleGap" input. At sector cut, give the gap between you and the faster driver of your category

19. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Spotter Plugin Sound Pack v1.9 - By Jeffrey Camilleri www.virtualracingmalta.com

This is a new sound pack for this fantastic spotter addon by Gerald Jacobson (v2.0.4). All sounds have been re-recorded and includes new sound files for new events.
    Note: Designed for users who intend to use driver names.

DOWLOAD SOUND PACK HERE:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xlkwdt8xishg3x/Sound%20Pack%20v1.9.rar?dl=0

Includes updated DefaultEvents.ini and DefaultRules.ini - Required for NEW EVENTS / UPDATED EVENTS to work

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I accept lists of Names and Surnames to create driver sounds to be compatible with sound pack to be used in your private league. Contact me by private message or email: jefcam@euroweb.net.mt

Version 1.9 Log File:

- BestSplit instead of SelfSplit during practise and qualify
    (When doing practise or qualify when you hear spotter saying "you are slower by ..., or "you are faster by..." during S1, S2 or S3 that is compared with the best overall time (the pole time) not the self time. Events for self have not been deleted but disabled. Instructions to change from best split to self split are included in readme file.

- Fix problem that pit ambient sound was not triggered during PITIN and did not stop during PITOUT

- Fix loop by Gerald (Thanks - Hopefully no more crash)

- New generic sound for pit ambient. No more F1 cars heard in background to be used with all car mods. Added crowd noise and some airgun drilling in the background.

READ - README FILE ATTACHED WITH DOWNLOAD

Suggested Audio Settings:
    View attachment 18068

Regards
    Jeffrey

[URL="[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
  20. Manav

Manav Registered

Hi Jef! New to rf2 and have a really silly question. How do I change the names of the AI drivers so that the sounds you have work? I'm sorry if it's assumed knowledge