[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Ernie what are you using Gerald's V2.0.1 only? or with my SoundPack 1.8b? I am asking because:

In my SoundPack 1.8b (its important that it 1.8b (B)) i removed the loop.

Gerald the loop is giving random problems, not always the same place, or the some time. But sometimes yes the game gets stuck. Personnaly i prefer without loop cause if pit stop is long it will repeat drilling sound a number of times.

Gerald which version are you using?

with version 2.0.1 and 1.8b I never had any crash.

2. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Thanks for the info will check about this. Thanks for your feedback.

3. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Are you in a mixed session lap and time based?

4. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Hi Jeffrey. I have a different installation with your spotter pack for another league, but yesterday (when the crash occured) i was using Geralds v2.0.1 only. I have to check the differences in DefaultEvents.ini between your v1.8b and Geralds v2.0.1.

5. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hi Ernie,

Geralds's DefaultEvents.ini has approx 28 event/rules in version 2.0.0 and now 30 event/rules in version 2.0.1 as he added the pitstop event including a loop. However as many have reported and this also happened to me the loop seems causing the crash.

The DefaultEvents.ini which is found in my Pack 1.8b has 66 event/rules. In 1.8b I removed the loop as it seems causing crash and sound is repeated in case pitstop is long. Here most of the events make sense when using driver's names.

So Gerald's v2.0.1 with my Sound Pack 1.8b should have no crash

Gerald knows about the loop problem and I'm sure he will find a solution. I'm currently testing something with him.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
  6. jefcam

jefcam Registered

I think me and Gerald have to think a bit on this event, I was reasoning out things and this is what could happen:

Lets say its a 20 lap race. And when I make 5 laps it will say 15 laps remaining right? I say yes.

but if

In a 20 lap race, i pull aside and stay there for 5 laps stand still and then continue, Im' still in Lap 1 when in fact the leader of the race is in lap 5. After I make 5 laps spotter will say 15 laps remaining, but that is false information because in reality the leader has + 5 laps so its not true that only 15 laps and remaining (but less)

Some logic but hope you all are understanding.

I think that this can be fixed by assigning remaining laps not with you (you as driver) but with the leader of the race.

Again something I need to discuss with Gerald.

[​IMG]
    how to screen capture

Most probably the gentleman above who shared with us the error was lapped by 3 laps (maybe).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
  7. Greenkia

Greenkia Registered

Yes, mixed session lap an time based

8. Greenkia

Greenkia Registered

I think that would be perfect

9. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

I have a question I am not a computer guru. Can I make the air gun in pit stop happen 4 times so its real to 4 tire change? If so please instruct me how thank you

10. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

If you or your league run only "time" based events you can open the default rules ini and disable the rule that says "remaining laps". That way you will only hear "time" remaining sounds. I believe it is rule #30.

11. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hmatty said:
    I have a question I am not a computer guru. Can I make the air gun in pit stop happen 4 times so its real to 4 tire change? If so please instruct me how thank you

If not going wrong, basically that is what you hear the air gun going 4 times. I think if you over do it it will sound funny. Just use Audicity and open the wav file pitstop.wav and just copy paste the parts you want repeated. Its easy to do it.

For me I would leave it as it is. Something else, you cannot make it longer that 5 seconds cause a requested pitstop takes less than 5 secs, so you finish up ready from change of tyres and moving out of the box and sound still playing.

12. Greenkia

Greenkia Registered

Me too, I have 2,1 seconds pitstop and the sound is too long for me but okay

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

One update I think that could be better, is to change the sound that say : Car in left, Car in Right (and the sound when you are in the middle, never eared).
    I think the important thing to get when you are in action, is to know the side where the car is as quick as possible.
    So for me, Left side, Right side, 3 wide is better because you know directly where to watch. Car in Left is too long to react, because you have to wait to know the side.
    So the side concerned is to put directly in the wanring sound.

Same logic on the Flags like yellow that need quick react. "Yellow flag in sector two", is better than "There is a yellow flag in sector two". So to see the messages that can be improved in that way.

(I hope I'm clear).
    If I notice other adjustments, I will post, for the moment, none.

14. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Thanks for your feedback
    I think its Car left or Car Right and not Car in left or Car in Right

So you prefer "Left Side", "Right Side" than "Car Left", "Car Right" then I will make them for you and sent them to you by PM.

Regarding the one about yellow flags I will change to the shorter version as you proposed, but have to check if that already exists, because there are 5 random samples for this.

Jef

15. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Just edit pitstop.wav in Audicity for example and try to make it shorter.

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1
    the shorter, the better...

17. TeroD

TeroD Registered

I agree, keeping important and immediate info very short. "Left side" and "right side" are better than "car left" or "car right" imo. Yellow flag stuff isn't usually that time critical so slightly longer is fine and having variations is good for keeping things a bit fresher.

18. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I had a league race yesterday using this combination. No rF2 crash. Thanks for help. :)

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes for your proposal, But it's not only for me, I think it's a global analyse on the sounds that are important for quick reaction behind the wheel that have to be reworked with crucial information for decision in first if possible.

20. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Noted Mad_King