[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

hi gerald,
    i am on build 880 and your spotter v1.8.1. i get a CTD when i set "Visual.Car.Radar.mode=0". it is all ok on 3, but with 0 i can drive 1 or 2 laps and suddenly back on desktop. it was in single player with some AI. didn't see, if it was with a car close behind my car or not...

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

I have this CTD with settings other than 3 as well, Gerald. Fantastic feature though, amazing work.

3. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

v1.8.2 Available

- Fix CTD when the radar mode is set to 0

Cannot succeed to produce a CDT with mode 1 & 2

4. shiet

shiet Registered

Hi!

Thank you for the plugin!
    However it would be nice to know (in short)
    - how can I adjust the volume (the ingame volume setting doesn't work)?
    - how can I turn off those ugly circles (edit: I found this)

Basically all I need is a simple spotter.

Thanx.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  5. argo0

argo0 Registered

Sorry Gerald, I should have been more clear. It only crashed on 0 for me as well. Also, I used your spotter with the indicators on 3 last night, and I think it works really well. It did not feel intrusive. I'll be leaving it on, very useful feature

6. pedrocant

pedrocant Registered

It would be possible to make announcements about engine life ? Great job, thank you very much for

7. Gerald Jacobson

As far as i know, i don't have the info via the plugin API

8. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

Hi, this is a great plugin!

I was wondering if there was a lazy man's quick fix for this problem: When driving at Brianza 10k with Howston G6 Mk IIIB, the spotter tells me that the tires are overheating, when only one tire is reaching optimal temperature (80c), while other tires are colder. There are only three proper corners in the track so the tires hardly warm up, but the spotter thinks otherwise...

9. Gerald Jacobson

Hi,
    how do you know the current temperature of the tires ? the rF2 HUD show instant surface temperature, but by default the plugin configuration use the inner layer temperature.

I will check if i have a bug in my temperature test/trigger.

10. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

I'm not at my PC at the moment, but it is the plugin that has gazillion of features (Tracksomething) that shows me the temps. Cheers!

11. Gerald Jacobson

Ok tell me which king if temp is displayed by the plugin
    Surface, inner layer or carcass

12. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

Still not at my PC, but as I recall the temps are pretty much the same as if you quit and checked them at the garage. Haven't compared them to the rf2 HUD values.

Anyhow if the instant surface temperature hardly reaches optimal, how can the inner layer be overheating?

13. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

It's TrackMapPlugin. It could well be that the middle of left rear tyre goes over 100c (or whatever value is used) at Parabolica which warms its inner layer and triggers the spotter. Considering the short duration I think the information in this case is misleading. Well they didn't have spotters in late 60's...:p

14. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Hello Gerald,
    is it possible to have information about the fuel?
    For example during the race a useful information is the fuel need to end the race.
    Thanks in advance.
    Massimo

15. Gerald Jacobson

Hi. You can already do that.

16. MMartin

MMartin Registered

I'll try. Thank You.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4

17. Kevin Vaassen

Kevin Vaassen Registered

Lovely plugin made there! I've spit through the wiki's, but they still left me some questions/requests.
    First the questions:
    1. Is there a way to identify the car in front or behind you, similar to BehindTimeEvolution, but than for the car actually driving in front of you (in cases with lapped traffic).
    2. What happens if you look for a driver name, but it is not found? Is there a way to give another command when the driver name is not found?
    3. During full course yellows, there is the option that only lead lap drivers can pit. Is there a way to tell whether you are on the lead lap or not?
    4. Would it be possible to multiply/divide to calculate variables? I wanted to have an event to mention that filling up the tank from that moment on will bring you to the finish, for which I wanted to have: Substract,RemainingLaps,FuelCapacity/FuelPerLap, if smaller than 0, give that command once (than set it off with EventTag)

And requests:
    For triggers:
    5. On Receiving Penalty
    6. OnGamePhaseChange (based on the input)
    For inputs:
    7. TrackWetness
    And further:
    8. Get reports on damage
    9. Something like when you request a pit stop, you get information on what changes you planned (change tyres, add fuel, fix damage, etc.)

I understand not everything may be possible (though you have proven me wrong a couple of times already), but I would really appreciate some of these functions.

18. sjbaraki

sjbaraki Registered

I made a soundpack!

Hey all,

This plugin is amazing, but the robot voice leaves a lot to be desired. I thought i'd edit some of the files one evening, and add some radio artifacts...well, i ended up just recording an entirely new soundpack :p (DL HERE: https://mega.co.nz/#!bdEy1AYZ!20nfWck3JIuBIrwQrewUlnM5WhfSXCYQ_UVLZ95orKI)

I made it for myself, but why not share it with the rF2 community. I tried to keep the radio messages natural, which means some shorthand is used (e.g. the spotter says "P2" instead of "second position")

P.S. the soundpack isn't that loud, so you'll probably have to adjust your audio levels in-game in order to hear it clearly. (I batch normalized in Audacity, but it's still a little too quiet I think.)

Here's 8 laps at Estoril as a demo...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  19. matf1

matf1 Registered

Excellent, thanks heaps for sharing! It's been on my ever growing to do list.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

20. sjbaraki

sjbaraki Registered

No worries! Hope you find it useful.

Also, to anyone that's watched the video, there's a graphical glitch around 11:45, those billboards flickering like crazy. Does anyone know how to fix that?