[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Hello, i start my own post to be able to edit this first post to add key information when necessary. The orginal thread was here.

Click here to download the last version.

Description
    This plugin allows you to receive vocal information when you drive, like yellow flag, tyre temperature, best lap, car around you, etc...
    It is near "100%" customizable, so you can add your own event and sound. It is also possible to trigger message using keybord shortcut, and also via vocal command (converting your vocal command into shortcut)

This plugin is fully explained in this WIKI (usage, customization and implementing voice recognition)

- WAV and MP3 are supported.
    - you can define the Spotter volume directly under rF2 (before loading the track), using the Setting/Audio

Installation
    • Copy the fmodex64.dll under your /Bin64 directory - (not under Bin64/Plugin)
    • Copy the fmodex.dll under your /Bin32 directory - (not under Bin32/Plugin)
    • Copy the SpotterPlugin_x64.dll under your /Bin64/Plugin directory - plugin for 64bits
    • Copy the SpotterPlugin.dll under your /Bin32/Plugin directory - plugin for 32bits
    • Copy the Spotter directory under your /UserData/ directory, so the Spotter.ini file, for the "player" profile, will be located at /UserData/player/Spotter/Spotter.ini

Note: If you use it,like it and want/can, you can Donate to support.
    Thank you

And finally, an example made by GauchoRS to illustrate the use of a voice recognition system and a custom spotter rule (give tires and brake temperature state when he says "check temps")

Community add ons

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
    Associat0r likes this.
  2. matf1

matf1 Registered

This is a seriously good package, in fact a must have for rFactor 2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Is it possible for me to record, let's say, 100 different recordings of fastest laps being achieved notifications, and then those all go into a specific folder assigned to that particular trigger (in this case, the trigger is when you do a fastest lap of the race), and then set it to randomly selecf and play any file in that very specific folder? This way we can have many, many, recordings of things ultimately meaning the same thing yet we won't just hear the same identical sound file/clip being played every time?...

I haven't looked too deeply into the file structure and all that. Is what I described above, possible?

For example. You can record yourself 100 different times with a pit-in request response.
    - "The pits are ready, come in this lap"
    - "we have recieved your request to pit, and are waiting for you, come in"
    - "Pit request recieved, watch your pit speed"
    - "ok, come pit-in this lap"
    - "ok, we got you reauest to pit, the crew is out and waiting for you"

Etc. etc. Etx. You can record a million different things, even sometimes recording the exact same words but with different expressions and enthusiasm, and so on...

Then all these recordings go into a specifically named folder....then the player presses the pit-in button, then later when the game processes that it is ready and waiting for the player to pit that is the trigger, the trigger then looks for a folder (not a specific file, but a specific folder) for that specific trigger/event and it plays any random file in that folder.

We would then have a specifically named folder - not file - that every single event/trigger points to, and then any random audio file inside that specifically pointed-to folder will be played.

Is this how it currently works??...Basically a specifically pointed-to folder for every single type of event/trigger, and then we can go crazy and throw in as many different sound samples as we like - of which are to be randomly played - in each of those folders?....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
  4. Gerald Jacobson

Yes, it is possible, all you need is described in the wiki.

5. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

This is a great plugin. One feature that would be a nice addition: The original rF1 spotter plugin allowed you to record the names of the drivers in your league, and, when referring to a car's position or entering or leaving the pit, would actually say the person's name instead of "car in 5th place" or whatever.

It was a nice addition that personalized the spotter to that league. Just a thought for consideration in a future update.

6. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hello
    It would be nice to find a solution for the sound that is really too strong
    To communicate on Teamspeak because it is impossible covers all sounds

---------------------------------

Il serait appréciable de trouver une solution pour le son qui est vraiment trop fort
    Pour communiquer sur Teamspeak cela est impossible car couvre tous les sons

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It's to ISI to fix the issue.
    -------------------------
    C'est à ISI de corriger le problème

8. matf1

matf1 Registered

Or alter them yourself with Audacity. You can do batch jobs so it should only take a moment.

9. Gerald Jacobson

V1.6 Available

Change Log
    - Add the possibility to play a sound using the driverName as wav file name

In the Spotter.ini file, you have a new entry to specify where the driver names sound files are stored
    Code:
    [DEFAULT]
    DriverNames.subPath=Sounds/Drivers

Now create a wav file and store it under the DriverNames.subPath, for example if the driver name is "Gerald JACOBSON", create a file named "Gerald JACOBSON.wav"

And finally, to play this sound use the following command in the event file
    Code:
    File=[DriverName]

10. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Thanks Gerald. This is a great addition. :)

A question. It's possible that the spotter read mp3 files? I've been adding a lot of variables to the Spanish version and the weight is huge. With the names of the pilots going to happen 0.5GB... In MP3 would weigh only about 50MB and the quality difference is minimal.

11. Gerald Jacobson

I will switch to a temporary solution, to enable Volume management, and ok, i will use one who can read mp3 too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
  12. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

If you use win7 or win8, you can adjust the overall volume of rFactor2 versus TeamSpeak.
    So, adjust in the game to get the volumes the way you want (player, opponent, tires, effects, etc.), then lower the rFactor2 main volume so you can hear TeamSpeak better.

13. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

I do not see the connection here
    The sound of the spotter Gerald is stronger than all other sounds
    ISI has nothing to do with it

Je ne vois pas le rapport là
    Le son du spotter de Gerald est plus fort que tous les autres sons et non reglable.
    ISI n'a rien à voir avec cela

14. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

w7 for me
    Even adjusting in the game that does not change apart put it all back (thank you for the ears :))
    Spotter is cut in the game as recommended for the spotter Gerald.
    If I fall in windows, I have to touch every time I want to do something else outside of the game. This is not a good solution.

w7 pour moi
    Même en ajustant dans le jeu cela ne change rien a part mettre tout a fond (merci pour les oreilles :))
    Le spotter est couper dans le jeu comme recommander pour le spotter de Gerald.
    Si je baisse dans windows, il faut que je retouche à chaque fois que je veux faire autre chose en dehors du jeu. Ce n'est pas une bonne solution.

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Because there is an issue in the ISI spotter engine, so Gerald use another solution to play sounds.
    ------------------------
    Parce qu'il y a un probleme dans le moteur du spotter ISI que Gérald utilise une autre solution en attendant.

16. matf1

matf1 Registered

Lowering volume of multiple files in Audacity

A quick guide for lowering the volume of sound files.

1. Download and install Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    2. Open Audacity and click “Edit Chains” from the file menu
    3. Add and name a new Chain, then click on it in the left hand pane and click ‘Insert’.
    4. In this window, we can choose parameters to apply to our files.
    5. Double click ‘Amplify’ then edit parameters and adjust the parameters as required.
    6. I used -10dB which was a big jump.
    7. The next parameter to add to our chain is ‘ExportWAV’ This parameter will create a folder called ‘cleaned’ in the source folder and export our edits to that folder, leaving your original files untouched.
    8. Order the actions as required (Amplify before Export) and click ‘OK’ to save it.

The chain we have created should have a total of three parameters. Mine are as follows:
    Amplify Ratio=0.316228
    ExportWAV
    -End-

Now click on the file menu, choose ‘Apply Chains’ and select the chain you have just created. Choose ‘Apply to files’ and select all the wav files you wish to convert (Ctrl A). With all the files selected, click ‘Open’ and Audacity will process the files and export to the cleaned folder.

Using the same process regarding Chains in Audacity, you may also wish to:
    Normalise the files if some are at a different volume level.
    Mix other sounds such as radio squelch into the speech files
    Add other effects or alter pitch, speed or sample rate.

The whole process will take less than 5 minutes.

17. Gerald Jacobson

Thanks Matf1. I have add the link to your post in the first post.

18. Gerald Jacobson

V1.7 Available
    - Due to many complains about volume management, i have implemented a new sound engine.
    - Now "wav" and "mp3" are supported
    - You can define the General Spotter volume using the Setting/Audio of rF2 (before loading the track)
    - Now Volume commands inside Event file are taken into account

Change Log:
    - Two new dlls must be copied in the bin32 and bin64 directory (NOT under plugins directory)
    --- fmodex.dll for 32bit and fmodex64.dll for 64 bits
    - A new entry in the Spotter.ini file allow you to define the extension to use for DriverName sound (default is wav)
    --- DriverNames.extension=wav
    - The Spotter Dlls have been updated of course.

19. matf1

matf1 Registered

You are an amazing dev Gerald, the way you support this community is outstanding and second to none.

20. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

Another request: what about adding some more logic? :) Something like AND, OR and ELSE. This would make my life a bit easier. :p