Ferrari with rFPro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paddler, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Paddler

Paddler Registered

I have just read, that Ferrari has decided to go with rFPro as their simulator!

Ferrari setzt im Fahrsimulator in der Fabrik in Maranello seit geraumer Zeit eine neue Software ein. Das System der britischen Firma rFpro, welches nach den Worten des Herstellers in "Realismus und Reaktionsgeschwindigkeit neue Maßstäbe" setzt, überzeugte die Ferrari-Ingenieure.

"Wir haben die Video-Bandbreite und Latenzzeit, die Qualität der Daten der Straßenoberfläche sowie die Genauigkeit der Rennstrecken-Modelle getestet", sagt Giacomo Tortora, im Formel-1-Team zuständiger Ingenieur für die Fahrzeugdynamik. "Der Test von rFpro war so vielversprechend, dass wir es umgehend bei den produktionsbezogenen Anwendungen des Formel-1-Teams eingesetzt haben", so Tortora.

2. TechAde

TechAde Registered

3. Maug

Maug Registered

Is there anything else to add?

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

...and it's not even Italian. :p Neat.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

"Ferrari’s decision to change operational software mid-season, and risk simulator downtime disrupting the engineering development schedule, underlines the scale of the performance improvement available, said rFpro Technical Director Chris Hoyle."

Wow, I am surprised. Of course the team is in trouble and going through major tumult, but rFPro must be ridiculously good for them to think it could contribute significantly enough to improvement to change it now. Or, perhaps, they just need to get it in there and focus on next season as early as possible. Either way, it's a huge win for rFPro.

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

So who did they drop... kunos??

7. smithaz

smithaz Registered

@ Marc
    "To be fully effective as an engineering development tool for supplementing the limited track testing permitted in F1, simulation software must reproduce the track surface in minute detail and respond to dynamic inputs faster than the driver can detect. TerrainServer from rFpro is the first simulation package to fully satisfy both these requirements..."

Source: http://www.autocarpro.in/news-inter...witches-driving-simulator-software-rfpro-6554

I was also impressed with this snippet from the final paragraph - "With most of the top F1 teams now using rFpro’s software..."

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Wonder if they're using PCI-e 3.0, lol.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Apparently they have a very bad relationship now, I wonder when and how that happened! Certainly after Kunos got to license all those cars, but man... huge loss for Kunos. Unfortunately for us rFactor Pro isn't directly associated with any games we play.

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Is that so? I freaking wonder who developed it and who is developing it?

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

http://imagespaceinc.com/technology/software-engine/

Depends on how you define "directly associated" I guess?

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I hope rFPro has DOF, HDR, Bloom, motion blur and all that very critical stuff. Hahaha.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Whatever rF Pro does doesn't cross over to ISI's rF2, that's what I meant.

14. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Good one, made me laugh :D

15. Miro

Miro Registered

As you stated, you don't know what rf pro does. So my question is why doesn't what you don't know cross over to rf2?
    Appearntly you know more than the people who developed it although you don't know what it does at all?

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hahahah....Massarutohave said in ValleLunga during AC presentation that AC would be base of Ferrari F1 team's simulators ..hahahaha

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

ISI licenses the stuff and someone else has their business running these. Kunos working directly with Ferrari had access to data and was able to license cars that before you'd only find on big budget, AAA console games, with Kunos also building their tracks. I don't know more than the people who developed it, I have read enough to know more than you. Your hostility isn't appreciated.

18. Miro

Miro Registered

Heh, I was just curious what you are talking about. And what has this to do with Kunos all of sudden?
    Going by your logic ISI just signs a deal of paper with a second party and the second party makes it all work from the deal of paper like magic.
    Doubt that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

HDR gives you more natural look in terms of lighting, so why not?

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I was only being silly.