Now, More than Ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Empty Box, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

The Panoz Roadster needs to hit 1.0. With the NSX being awesome, it's time the Roadster gets some more love so they both have some friends. This makes both cars more appealing, right now they fall into two distinct classes unless you are racing a very twisty circuit like Mores where the Panoz can hold it's ground.

AI needs to learn how in the heck to drive that car. Haven't had much issue with the NSX AI, but the Panoz AI is horrid!
    Updated paint shader or whatever it is that makes it have a semi gloss finish at times.
    Updated headlights.
    Transmission that doesn't do that stuck in gear but not thing (which I've yet to have on the NSX)

And hence the title of the thread....

The supercharged version? Right now the power levels between the NSX and Panoz are about equal, but the Panoz just has zero speed down the straight compared to the NSX thanks to the extra drag it has. It's a brick. LOL

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

And if the Panoz get's some love, then please add a helmet!!! Even though virtual, I can't stand to drive a car that has a helmetless driver :p

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

NSX has 270-290 HP, SLS was 500+ or so? Isnt that a bit too differend classes of cars? I dont really have a problem with how the Panoz looks, i find it actually quite good looking, if i disregard the graphical errors. But the AI issue is true.
    The NSX headlight flare is actually a third party made custom shader included on the NSX, the shader is made by some1 and will soon be released for the rest of us, sadly, in order for car to have it, you need to include it within THE car, not the game, so if ISI will decide to use it, they would have to update every single car they released as much as any third party released car, hopefully they will come up with something official eventually, but untill then, all we have is some1s shader, which is spectacular, but sadly has the drawback of having to include it with each car. (not some1s fault)
    About the Transmission, i understand that the new driveline core coding is now pretty high on the list, maybe even on its top, i dont know what all will be updated abotu the driveline, but i do hope that the clutch will be one of the things, and i believe that this weird missed gear thing is all down to clutch. I shoud not be able to change gear in manual gearbox car with auto-clutch aid off without using clutch. Hopefully its coming.

5. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Yes i can confirm its a mismatch as soon as you hit the straights lol:p I knew the sls was faster but didnt think so by that much, its an animal. still its nice seeing the different road cars together.

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Why not??? I've done it in a real car.

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Yup. It's doable. If you sync revs (good rev zone) then shifting without using clutch at all can be done.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 doesn't have a very good gearbox model like iRacing, it's more simulator issue than issue of Panoz.

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Well, the car that I drove was abused so much, that you didn't really have to sync to much :p (was the car from our company, which we got after the owner of our company abused it for personal use :p we only abused it a bit more after thad :D )

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes me too but not with padels and manual gearbox :rolleyes:

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yes please!

A helmet also means I can "identify" better with being the driver, instead of that James Dean guy. I'd love a Panoz trackday version with proper gear on the driver, taped-over headlights and such, maybe a bit different tires. Basically some quick mods that people would do who take the vehicle on the track.

12. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

YES... All street cars should come with a semi slick tyre option. That is a great idea.