Honda NSX 1991 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Some1

Some1 Registered

Yeah, good point :D

2. Some1

Some1 Registered

What are your system specs? Currently the car only has two LOD levels, so it might be a little hard to handle for older tech...

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Oops, maybe I'm confusing setting names. I know there's an option in the player or controller file of ISI engine based games which affect only the gfx. I'm going to delete my previous post so as to not possibly confuse anybody and give out incorrect info.

4. Some1

Some1 Registered

The skin template is now available here! :)

5. Frank Mikolajczyk

Frank Mikolajczyk Registered

Thx 4 Template and that whole damn thing, ****ing great !!!!!!!!!!:D

Greets from Mikk :cool:

6. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Not at PC now but it is good ~2 yr old Alienware Aurora 6GB RAM i7 GTX760. 29 AI and maxed on every combo I drive with other vehicles. With this I run only half as many AI for same FPS. Not complaining just reporting. Would be great if I and others could "turn down" detail though which I thought was purpose of player and opponent detail but no worries...:

7. Some1

Some1 Registered

Ah, with that many AI yes, no wonder the performance is low. The car only has 2 LOD levels currently, which means you get bad performance with big grids. Sorry about that.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

- Put opponent quality down to low or medium
    - put Anisotropic Filtering down to 4x or 8x
    - in your GPU control panel, enable all texture and/or texture filtering optimizations and/or set them all to low/performance.
    - lower max visible vehicles to, I don't know, 10? 15?

Done :)

All 4 of these make a big difference, especially with large grids.

P.S. The NSX is still not on the ISI / rF2 homepage :eek:

9. Some1

Some1 Registered

It is for me: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/

10. Emery

Emery Registered

11. willz

willz Registered

great car, love it, i haven`t read every post on this forum but is this the first car to have a different model for the wheel in motion as well as the tire, the wheel look so much more convincing in motion, keep it up isi

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

13. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

No problem! I'm learning new stuff every day :)

Thanks I will do that :)

14. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

This car is ABSOLUTELY wonderfull!

The braking especially is done SPOT ON. Love how you have to first go lightly on the brakes, to let suspension compress to get some weight on the tires, then can apply more brakes as the susp copmresses more. And IF you dont do it, you end up with locked tires. JUST like IRL with street car! BRILLIANT!

And that you can overdrive it but only slight overdriving will benefit you, if go too crazy with it, you start to loose time and tire grip, perfect balance on that IMO.

I'm in shock really... this is so good...can't believe it...am i dreaming...dont wake me up...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
  15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

G, u r right, and i didnt think of it... im embarassed of myself now

16. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Agreed. And being in the mood for some more Niels magic I got the rF1 Supra out of storage and took her for a spin. Another great car that only knowledgable and experienced sim racers will ever understand and be able to fully enjoy.

17. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Does anyone know what to do with this template because there is no wireframe and the paint layer is not paintable unless I'm missing something. When I open it with PS CS5 Ext, the first thing I get is: "This document contains unknown data which will be discarded to keep layers editable. To preserve the original appearance instead, choose Flatten to load composite data as a flattened image." Of course flattening it is useless, but the option to "keep layers" doesn't get me much further ahead frankly.

18. Some1

Some1 Registered

Oops, I think I forgot the wireframe. As for the other problem, I have different PS version, probably CS6.

19. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I think I've found away around these issues until Some1 perhaps provides an update: I created a new layer for paint and used the old paint layer for "shading and contours" by changing the blend mode to "Multiply". The old PAINT layer's level of detail is a reasonable substitute guide for the missing wireframe. I've managed a decent first skin and even "re-badged it" as an Acura as that this car was always sold in the USA and Canada under Honda's luxury/performance brand. BTW, the rear bumper appears to be flipped, so added graphics and type will have to be flipped over and placed on the opposite side to show correctly.

Q: The RGB layers include two alpha "layers", one for the NSX, the other for the NSX-R; is one supposed to be copied into the Alpha "channel" depending on which model you are painting?

20. Some1

Some1 Registered

Yes.